FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Watched topics problems

HoboPelican
Is anyone else not getting emails about new posts in watched topics? I just noticed this yesterday and it is continuing today.

I looked around a bit and didn't see anyway to report errors, so if there is a better way that I missed, just let me know.
Scorpio
Bondings mentioned earlier to a reply in the webhosting support forum that this was a problem in phpbb itself, so he cant do much about it.
selim06
HoboPelican wrote:
Is anyone else not getting emails about new posts in watched topics? I just noticed this yesterday and it is continuing today.

I looked around a bit and didn't see anyway to report errors, so if there is a better way that I missed, just let me know.

Yes, I had the same problem yesterday and 1 week ago but it passed so i received 6-7 notifies in 1 hour.It will be solved soon for you soon.May be it's about the Server 1 Down
James007
Please don't "dump" everything in the general chat....

Moved to Webhosting Support.
HoboPelican
Looks like a reasonable culprit. At least I'm getting notification on THIS topic
( Wink ) so maybe it's back to normal

Smile
HoboPelican
James007 wrote:
Please don't "dump" everything in the general chat....

Moved to Webhosting Support.

Thanks for the move. As I said, I didn't see a place for error reporting. I assumed the webhosting board was for boards FriHost was "hosting".

BTW-It is somewhat insulting to be accused of "dumping" everything. I did look a bit and appologized in the post if it was the wrong way. I don't think Ive been making a habit of this, you know.
James007
My apologies for that. I was making a general notice but it seemed as a personal remark (although it wasn't). No, sorry I meant that in general, I do not want to accuse you of dumping things repeatedly.

James
Bondings
No, the server downtime wasn't the culprit, maybe making it worse, but not causing it.

This problem has being going on since a very long time, it's just getting worse and worse the bigger (more posts) these forums get. It's most likely some loss of synchronisation.
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
No, the server downtime wasn't the culprit, maybe making it worse, but not causing it.

This problem has being going on since a very long time, it's just getting worse and worse the bigger (more posts) these forums get. It's most likely some loss of synchronisation.

You could always prune the inactive(0 posts) members Wink
James007
I think the amount of posts is the problem. Inactive members don't post, certainly not those with 0 post. Laughing
Scorpio
James007 wrote:
Inactive members don't post, certainly not those with 0 post. Laughing

I never knew that Sad

@Bondings:

Anyway, pruning inactive users can atleast speed up the forum in general
Bondings
scorpio, I thought about it, but I see more disadvantages. It's only 1/4 of the members and I doubt it would have an impact, certainly not visible at least.

About the synchronization, I rather meant that there are some inconsistencies from (re)moved topics/posts or dates that aren't updated. Like from MySQL queries that aren't fully executed. Just things that may happen from time to time.
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:
scorpio, I thought about it, but I see more disadvantages. It's only 1/4 of the members and I doubt it would have an impact, certainly not visible at least.

About the synchronization, I rather meant that there are some inconsistencies from (re)moved topics/posts or dates that aren't updated. Like from MySQL queries that aren't fully executed. Just things that may happen from time to time.

Is there anything you can do about the posts, without of course resetting the forum?

I mean, there are so many large forums including phpbb.com itself having a million posts or so.

How do they manage it>?

They must have a solution, I guess
Bondings
Well it's fine for me now. And I suppose this sometimes also happens on the bigger forums.