FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you for or against eBaum

Are you...eBaumsworld and Eric Bauman?
For
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Against
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

hack_man_
Do you visit eBaumsworld? Do you think that his website is ok or are you strongly against it? Post your views here and plz take part in the survey.

daniel15 wrote:
Have you heard the song eBaum's World Dot Com? It's in the eBaum's World Sucks Flash animation, available at http://www.ebaumsworldsucks.com/

PLZ WATCH IT AND REGISTER AT THEIR SITE IF WE EVER WANT TO END THIS MADNESS!!!
Daniel15
Personally, I'm against eBaum's World. The majority of the content is stolen (even the favicon -- the dancing banana, is stolen from Peanut Butter Jelly Time). If I want to see Flash animations, I'll go to Albino Black Sheep. If I want to see videos, I'll go to Google Video or Youtube. I try and avoid eBaum's World as best I can Razz

Have you heard the song eBaum's World Dot Com? It's in the eBaum's World Sucks Flash animation, available at http://www.ebaumsworldsucks.com/
Leetch
Is there a reason we should be against it?

I am going to Make a flash site with all peoples flashs,
but to make sure, i contacted rob lewis and he gave me the ok to put his flash on there..

It is strictly going to say
"If i have broke and copywright, reserves
or i have any racist, criminal things on my site..
then they can email me and they can get taken off."
lors
I think ebaums is hilarious, if people have a problem with it, then they shouldn't go there.
jayandsilo
I'm not like one of the anti-ebaum people that are around but he is a bit of a wang for stealing content and making alot of money off it
Leetch
jayandsilo wrote:
I'm not like one of the anti-ebaum people that are around but he is a bit of a wang for stealing content and making alot of money off it

How does he make money?

And sors, Most of his stuff is from other people, he didn't create it.
Leetch
I Just went onto ebaumsworld.com, it seems its been hexed at my view..
either that or someones taken the content off of it...
all there is' a tribalfusion ad and a word office fill colour.
Daniel15
Leetch wrote:
jayandsilo wrote:
........... for stealing content and making alot of money off it

How does he make money?

He makes money mainly from the ads (I believe he gets over US$1,000,000 per year Sad)

Quote:

Do you have a screenshot of it? How to make a screenshot.
Jeslyn
Frankly, I don't care either way. A lot of ideas and concepts are stolen daily, it's up to the maker to better protect it and the theif to be smart enough to know how to profit from it. If someone was to go after him for stolen content, then they'd need to go after half of the major business in the country as well.

It doesn't seem that the rightful owners of said content are too bothered by it... as they haven't done much about it as far as I know.
hack_man_
Jeslyn wrote:
It doesn't seem that the rightful owners of said content are too bothered by it... as they haven't done much about it as far as I know.

I am guessing that you never saw eBaumsWorldSucks like mentioned in the first post.

Following in BT's advertising footsteps. 'You wouldn't accept it in real life, why should you accept it online?' Stealing is illegal, stealing copyrighted material is even worse, but stealing it on the net? 100% legal!
jayandsilo
hack_man_ wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:

I am guessing that you never saw eBaumsWorldSucks like mentioned in the first post.

Following in BT's advertising footsteps. 'You wouldn't accept it in real life, why should you accept it online?' Stealing is illegal, stealing copyrighted material is even worse, but stealing it on the net? 100% legal!

I will just point out that it's actually copyright infringement, not theft.
hack_man_
I call taking other people's work off their sites and posting it on yours without their permission stealing.
alkady
I'll stay neutral, But its true that what they do is illegal, But they claim it's already in the public domain which in most context is hard to argue.

~~~/1000th Post\~~~
DoctorBeaver
As a semi-professional composer I take the issue of copyright infringement very seriously. I would not knowingly give any kind of support to a site whose whole ethos is based on that.
Leetch
daniel15 wrote:
Leetch wrote:
jayandsilo wrote:
........... for stealing content and making alot of money off it

How does he make money?

He makes money mainly from the ads (I believe he gets over US$1,000,000 per year Sad)

Quote:

Do you have a screenshot of it? How to make a screenshot.

Yes lol, i do know how to make a screenshot...
Ill check it now and pm you..
Balthamos
Personally, I really don't care what they do Razz. I go to ytmnd and ebaumsworld occasionally, and ytmnd always tends to make jokes about the other. Pretty funny, but like I said, I am really indifferent.

~Balthamos
Soulfire
I suppose I don't care. I usually use miniclip or Albino Black Sheep, things like that, but I'll occaisonally play some games there - stolen or not, they're still games, and I really don't mind.
Daniel15
Jeslyn wrote:
A lot of ideas and concepts are stolen daily, it's up to the maker to better protect it

But... eBaum's World is different! People put watermarks on their images and Flash movies, and eBaum's World actually decompiles the Flash file, and removes the copyright!! The same with images (he'll usually remove someone's copyright with the clone tool, and then put his own copyright on top of it Sad)

Quote:
I suppose I don't care. I usually use miniclip or Albino Black Sheep

The difference with Albino Black Sheep is that the owner has permission for all the Flash movies hosted there (the artists actually post them to him). I believe a lot of the Miniclip content is unique/original (it's made by the Miniclip staff?)

Quote:
But they claim it's already in the public domain which in most context is hard to argue.

Well, most of the Flash movies hosted there have a big copyright on them (mainly in the preloader). Well, they usually do, but eBaum sometimes removes it Sad

Quote:
Yes lol, i do know how to make a screenshot...

Yeah, well I wasn't sure... I didn't want another person asking me, "What's a screenshot?" Razz
rightclickscott
I'm not against nor for it, it's just a place that just happens to have videos that I occasionally use. I'll use all sorts of stuff, from College Humor to YouTube, but the thing is, their content isn't "stolen." People submit tons of stuff, and if it's funny, and if there is no logo on it, and they don't know it's not owned by other people, then they'll put it up. They don't go and pick whatever they want from sites personally, and frankly, if they did, I still wouldn't care. Just leave Ebaums World alone, they're just a business, and you can't persecute them for liking content.
Leetch
I am Against it now, you can't steal pictures and flash, i'm for the funny flash items, against him for making them his own.. i think its fine to have flash of others on there only if you've asked them...

If he does illeagal things i mite hex him next time..
djcaution
I live by http://www.break.com religiously. That site rocks
Josso
I'd say against from personal experience and word of mouth. It's basically one of those sites for recycling other peoples flash cartoons (I do beleive a lot of the time without their consent) and a whole bunch of spyware/adware included (so it is said)... so yeah, that's me out Shocked.
Shiva
well i think the videos are great, but the comersials.. no way!! Cool
Tac-Tics
It can be funny at times. Other times not. But sometimes it's good.
mceejaydee
Keep ebaum alive! We all know that ebaum stole media but we still love the site Razz
hack_man_
mceejaydee wrote:
Keep ebaum alive! We all know that ebaum stole media but we still love the site Razz

That is not the friggin point! The point is that none of the work on his site belongs to him!!! He has stolen it off other people, and defaces it, thus claiming it as his own!
Zug Zug
I'm totally against it! ^_^