FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Account troubles

raaeft1
I am also relatively new to making sophisticated web sites using PHP and so on.I made a single webpage on FrontPage and uploaded it to the main domain in the public-html using frontpage server settings.But I committed several mistakes. I also downloaded the PHP software and installed it and I have made a mess of it.
Now, whenever I type the webaddress of my site, I am asked to log in.
I think I should have uploaded my webpage to the sub-domain to avoid the mess. Also, I am still confused as to how to set up a forum using PHP.

Please help. Should I reset my account in the appropriate forum or get a techie to set up my website for me. But I wanted to do it myself.
mathiaus
Well I commented out your dodgy htaccess file and your sites working now. I created a new index.html file as well in your public_html so you dont get 'Forbidden'.

You already have phpbb uploaded and a database created so you just need to run the installer (the link I've PM'd you [for security]).

PHP is already installed on the server and is not something users can add themselfs. Saying such things or similar things just sound scary Razz