FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Prey

Jeff_vella_leone
what u theink about Prey?

i think its a very cool fps game
very original and very original guns too
i have played the demo and it rocks
the game has even multiplayer and a cool story too
can't wait till its release
did u try the demo?
if not What are u waiten for ?
this game has cool grafics beleave me!
At first in the beginig i thought i was watching a movie but then i realised i could move the player and i said omg cool grafics!!!!
gmstyle
have some shoots? Wink
djsamsung
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:

this game has cool grafics beleave me!
At first in the beginig i thought i was watching a movie but then i realised i could move the player and i said omg cool grafics!!!!

same here! can't wait for the official release
Farhad
I liked the demo, am definately going to check out the game once it comes out.

However I think the game looks too much like Doom 3. And I don't know... what if what we saw was the biggest draw and it's downhill from there? I mean think about it, what if the demo was basically what the game is going to be for the next 10 to 15 hours?

Am moaning because I just replayed Duke Nukem 3D, and there... every single level was different.
Timothysm
Not to downsize the game, but I see Prey as another 'pretty' fps with just different guns. Sure graphics are nice, but i'm looking for something in terms of gameplay. I'm not so sure if i'll find that with Prey.

Ofcourse, the full game is not out yet, so my thoughts may change.
bonestorm74
Yep I was a little surprised by just how good the demo was. Great humour, loved the inventive level design / gravity / puzzles although the multiplayer had a bit of a been there, done that feel to it.

Single player campaign will be worth a look though when the final product comes out.
Kelcey
the demo was mildly fun... at least it's slightly different from most fps
TonkPilz
Timothysm wrote:
Not to downsize the game, but I see Prey as another 'pretty' fps with just different guns. Sure graphics are nice, but i'm looking for something in terms of gameplay. I'm not so sure if i'll find that with Prey.

did you try the demo?

i can tell you now the game play gona be really strange i mean shoting monster on the floore while runing around on the celling and walls. and the spirit walking is new to FPS games as well havent seen it in any other games un les you count geting in/out of cars or tanks still diffrent in the why of problem solving

this game have somting new in it. havent relly bean any ting new in fps games sens farcry so this hope fully will be a boost

not that games sens farcray have bean bad just ther havent bean anyting new.

on a diffrent note the FEAR expansion will soon be here Very Happy
Joe944
I liked the demo. There's definitely some potential to be had in this game and I hope that it's taken advantage of.

Hopefully devs will still attempt new and quirky types of games regardless of how well Prey does.
screamingdecay
Played single player of the demo, so far I like the story. There is hardly any games these days with a good story. The online sucked, for some reason I kept getting severs with people going threw walls and supposely aim hacking as one person said.

Anyway, heres what I rank the game

Online- 4/10
Single Player- 8/10
djsamsung
TonkPilz wrote:
did you try the demo?

i can tell you now the game play gona be really strange i mean shoting monster on the floore while runing around on the celling and walls. and the spirit walking is new to FPS games as well havent seen it in any other games un les you count geting in/out of cars or tanks still diffrent in the why of problem solving

this game have somting new in it. havent relly bean any ting new in fps games sens farcry so this hope fully will be a boost

you've said it all

and by the way, there'll be FEAR expansion? Shocked
Antek88
Demo version is cool.
I wait for version full, but this is only just July.
TonkPilz
djsamsung wrote:

and by the way, there'll be FEAR expansion? Shocked

yepp this is a bit of topic but the new fear expansion is calld F.E.A.R Extraction Point and will continue wher the game ended on the copper crashing whit alma still alive

and oh heres a relese date for Pray :07/11/2006 found this date on ther pre order page so im guesing it legit
djsamsung
cool....

can't wait for both games! Twisted Evil
mceejaydee
I just downloaded the demo today. It's fun but the 2 kids being killed -_- Brutal, just plain brutal. Did you guys see this already?
TonkPilz
mceejaydee wrote:
I just downloaded the demo today. It's fun but the 2 kids being killed -_- Brutal, just plain brutal. Did you guys see this already?

i guess that most ppl that tryd the demo have seen the kids getting killd and it realy goes together whit 3d relems spirit even if it is brutal and dosent kontrebut any ting to the story its feels realistic that no ones safe from the invaders ot even kids
crashmachine
what I really like about Prey is that it is so small.. it requires just 1.6 gb... Cool if you compare that with other games as Quake 4...3 gb?? Wink
Helios
Prey uses quite advanced graphic engine technologies to manipulate texture images. Really nice stuff...

I wrote a small review at me site: http://reviews.ofgods.com
trickstott
I really liked the demo, but I wonder if the game will seem as original 15 hours in. I like 3d Realms, and Duke really did a good job of remaining fresh, but there was a lot of new stuff in that demo, and I don't see how they can keep that up.

Some of you have played the full game, do they manage to continue to insert new mechanics the whole way through?
ForceRun
Yeah, everyone says that it looks cool. I'm waiting for the ShowDownLan where they are giving the game out free. A few guys have it already and say that it is really sweet. I'm not a big fan of Doom 3 type of games. But this game does look nice, and creative. I'll let you know how the Lans tourny goes.
Jeff_vella_leone
here is all the info u could possibly need if you want some shots of PREY
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/prey/index.html
enjoy the demo
i can't wait till the full comes out
Timoses
The game is pretty cool even though I'm not a fan of horror games.
First I didn't even know what it was about and just started playing it.
I was like WTF is going on, this green light, ALIENS!!! that came very cool
and shocking. liked the music box in the bar :p.
Jeff_vella_leone
TonkPilz wrote:
Timothysm wrote:

did you try the demo?

hi again guys, i have finished the game some time now
i still say its a very original game indeed
for now i havent seen a more original game than this.
the game has a cool ending too
the only think i felt very strange about the game, is that it is very hard to.............. yea die
in the whole game i think i never died
because when you die u just kill the angel looking things and you return back to life
sometimes i wonderd, do i really need to save te game?
i mean the game like that is far too easy
Timothysm the game is preety the same all, though but its original guns and klling method-and cieling walking makes you want more of it so trust me you wont get bored of it so easy
and there is the game story factor which is interesting too.
Ducksteina
First of all... yeah the game is cool.
But after 2 hours its booring and very easy.
Is there any chance to get ownd`(killed)?
Of course its a very innovative idea with the portals, but if you want a "real" portal game, go and get the orange box... it's a lot more fun.

For "Ego-Shooter" noobs this game could be a challange but for me... no way^^
achowles
I think that it runs too damn slowly on my PC. I got as far as repelling the invasion on the native holy land and the frame rate pretty much died. Still I got it for £3, and up until then the game was fantastic.

Overall, a very well thought out and executed game. I also appreciated how the environments kept changing. It wasn't all samey like it was with Doom 3.

EDIT: I've now got a new machine and it runs brilliantly! Looks like I get to complete it after all!
wabik90
Hmmm... I've only read a review, but it was good. The author really enjoyed playing this game. It's probably very good... I wish I had a chance to play... Probably my computer is too slow... Confused
traxion
ive played the game

the graphics are qrap but thats just my pc:P

the gameplay is again good.. noo very good

the way how to kill ppl and realism is also very good

i love the game
devotchka
Prey is an amazing game with a very, very, very interesting story, not only about creatures shooting you from every angle!

There's a quote I love by Tommy (main char)

"Aliens turned my world upside down. Now I'm about to return the favor."

Very Happy

If you haven’t yet checked it out, you really should.