FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The evil firewall

prototype_angel
Hi,
I am a student and my university's admin has blocked all ports except port 80. I was really used to pop3 mail and torrents before coming here, and life is hell with this horrible firewall.

After some searching, I was able to find a solution-tunneling, but i can't get the paid service of http-tunnel, due to some other complications.

I would really appreciate it if someone suggests a good tunneling solution, i don't need a high speed, i just want to be able to use outlook and ftp. I'll be real grateful to anyone who can help.
thanks
SoftStag
You can try this free tunnelling service:
http://www.htthost.com/

However, free services tend to be unreliable. I have no experience of this service so don't blame me if it doesn't work! Also, bear in mind that what you are doing may be against the university's usage policy and there may be reprocussions if you do this.
alienjones
Try talking to the admin....
pop-service should be available at least.
Ratman2050
Are you talking about going to websites or stuff like that? Using proxies? If you are then you can either find a Ip Hider so your Admin doesnt detect it or you can find a proxy linker. If that doesnt help you should ask your Admin because pop3 Isn't bad. I also have this problem as well with my School.

P.S. Im In 9th Grade Lol
Timothysm
Also, an alternative to torrenting, is by the use of newsgroups. However, it costs money a month (not sure how much but its not a lot).