FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Altering how links to Mp3s are handled.

PatTheGreat42
I run Windows XP and IE7. Up until recently, whenever I clicked on a link to a Mp3 file, it would open up Windows Media Player, and proceed to play the file. However, I recently installed the latest version of QuickTime (Which also forced me to install iTunes - #!@& Apple). This is all fine and dandy, as I can now watch some more videos on the 'net.

However, it has had an unwanted side effect. Now whenever I click on a link to a Mp3, it leads to a new page with the nice, neat, little inline QuickTime player, and proceeds to play the song. I don't want this. I want the songs to open in Windows Media Player. It was so much nicer. If anybody can tell me how to switch it back, I would love some help.
PatTheGreat42
Scratch that; I figured it out.

In a sudden flash of inspiration, I went and downloaded the Windows Media Player 11 beta, and now things are back to normal. Rock on.
prototype_angel
you can also right click and save the mp3 file to your hdd. then you can set the default viewer to wmplayer. Smile