FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server with ready PHP

the-geek
i failed to install php in IIS. i found it too complicated for my head so i started to search for a ready server with php for my machine to check php codings. found one calls, nanoweb. but its too slow to process a phpo page. it started to process a page @1.13 am and now its 1.21 am but still nothing!
do u know about some server software ready with PHP?
AftershockVibe
Google for "Apache Friends". It's PHP, mySQL and Apache all bundled together with a simple set up.

Cool
Scorpio
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Use that link if you dont want to google for apache friends Wink
Daniel15
Alternatively, I wrote a tutorial that says how to install Apache, MySQL and PHP. You can find it here
the-geek
have you heard about uniform server? it doesnt need to install, no registry change, no configuration but comes with myphpadmin, sql, cgi and many otther features i didnt expect to have. its only 5MB in size. i am using it. Thank you all for your time to replay me in this post to help me. wonderful people Dancing
DoctorBeaver
I use JSAS. It didn't install properly the 1st time, but I think I may have downloaded a duff version. Since I've downloaded a newer version I've had no problems whatsoever. The only limitation I've found is that you can only have 5 concurrent php development areas. If you need more you have to use sub-folders.

I've not heard of Uniform but I just had a look at the site and it looks interesting. I may check it out sometime. For now, though, I'm in the middle of developing 4 sites with php and I don't want to swap halfway through.

Thanks for posting about it.
James007
Moved to PHP and mySQL.
arunr110
If you are okay with linux... get some good LAMP machines... like Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat, Fedora.. You may have to configure little bit to make these three work together... Apache, Mysql, PHP.