FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

weding web site ?

What do you think about people making a web site when they get maried ?
what for ?
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
shame on you
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
could be nice
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
great idee !
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I will do (have alreadydone) mine
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

french-virus
I think that it is what I am going to do ...
I just what to know your opinion form all over the world
Smile
alkady
There nothing wrong with it, I've seen people opening personal web sites to talk about their family with pictures of all sorts of events such as birthday and so on. It's a good way to back up your memories in case the originals are lost.
jipmerite
I don't believe in sharing my personal life on the web. But that's just me. Smile
girlcalledjay
When my husband and I married in Australia there were a lot of our family members in the US that could not be with us. His sister, my brother...friends, etc.

We posted a number of our wedding photos on a personal webpage along with a poem that was read during our service and the vows that we wrote and exchanged.

We only invited our friends and family to look at it and only left it there for a short time.

Everyone appreciated it and it meant that they were able to share something of our day with us. (But we didn't bore them stupid with every aspect of the lead up to it.)

Don't become obsessed with every little detail of your wedding. Make it lovely, make it memorable, share it with your loved ones, but remember that it is all over in a flash.

A wedding is about a marriage and a committment and not a dress, flowers, cake or cars and especially, NOT about a website.
Jaiye
jipmerite wrote:
I don't believe in sharing my personal life on the web. But that's just me. Smile

I'm all about sharing my life on the web. I have nothing to hide and other people might enjoy reading about it (i don't know why though). It's also fun for me to be able to go back and read my blogs from the past.

If you want to setup a wedding website, go for it.
rfarrand
I am on both sides on this one, i am not up for posting my entire personal life on the net at all, but it also is great for posting pics for family and friends and telling people how you are doing for friends and family who are not near you to let them know how you are doing and to share with them what is going on in your life.

it is hard to keep everyone up on your life when you do not live near the ones you love. but easy to let those you love and miss know how you are doing when you can't talk to them all the time.
angelussum
What exactly are you aiming for with the wedding website? To inform, or to share the event after it's occured?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with having information on it. Maybe even a bit of details on what happens after it occurs. I think it would be a nice thing to have, and to share with family and friends that might not be able to attend. Then again, privacy issues are important, but that's really dependent on you.