FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Join my forum!

ninjakannon
Hi,

I've just created a forum on my website Smile (Using phpbb).

Please have a look and create an account, you know you want to... Very Happy

Click here

My actuall website isn't very good at all, I'll get around to actually making it look good some time later. But please use the forum Wink
ninjakannon
I've got 5 new members in about a day now, come on join the community.

I'm also thinking of introducing a payed 2 post system after I get ads on it.
linexpert
I just wanted to warn you that the pay 10 for 500 post thing is a bad idea. This is just my opinion so don't get mad at me but trust me you don't make alot from ads. Sad
{name here}
Try making your own theme, have some uniqueness.
linexpert
if you don't know how to make themes or would like to check out some mods take alook at http://www.phpbbhacks.com/
Technaut
what is your forum about? any particular subject?
Roald
I get something like this:
Quote:
Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
I get something like this:
Quote:
Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted

You must have looked at it just when I was installing another mod, bad timming Wink

I might get my own theme later.

And the 10 idea for 500 points has been made harder to get (and wont come in for a while anyway - if at all). But I think I might just about be able to wangle it. But I'm not gonna dive right in to this, after I get ads I'll have a look at what I get, and re-asses my plans.

[edit]I have some crasy people registered so far, one guy posted 154 posts in his first day Exclamation, and another has about 120 or something[/edit]
Hobbit
I would suggest you remove the attachments. It says '0 attachments for every forum, at first I thought it was topics, so it made your site look very empty.
Roald
Although those PHPBB forums are nicely designed, they're almost all the same, but on the other hand creating your own forum asks time and concentration Confused
By the way, you've got already 13 users! I see sometimes new forums with 2 users. But the layout of your homepage can be improved.
ninjakannon
I see your points about the 0 attachments in every forum, Hobbit, but I wouldn't say it made it look empty. I think I might remove the attachments colum on the index page, but keep the attachments.

And Roald, which page do you mean...? If you're not talking about my forum index page then I know, it's very tacky. I just havn't spent any time on it. But if you're talking about my forum, then how could I improve the layout of the homepage?

I could also make my own forum, but as you said that is very time consumming and for now I'd rather just use good old phpbb Wink.

ps. As I post this it's the begging of the 7th day that my forum's been up and I how have 22 users and 1118 posts Very Happy