FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age Of Empiers 3 Favorite Civilization?

Favorite Civ?
French
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
British
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Germans
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Ottomans
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Russians
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Dutch
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Portuguese
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Spanish
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Kamu8recon
Hey guys i was just wondering who all plays age of empires 3 and what is your favorite civilization and why do you like them? my favorite civilization are the french. I like them because they have unstoppable cavarly. Their villagers are also strong. in the event of an opponent rushing early if you play it right your villagers can take out their attack. But the main reason like i said earlier is because of their cav. Let me know what you guys think and maybe we can get a game later. Peace.

AOE3 user name =
SCORPzRECON
Rank =
1st Lt.
Win Percentage =
anpir
I play it . Age of empires3 is The best game . shoud be celever to play it . I like French too. this is intresting.
yeu9h1
I still prefer Spanish from AOK Very Happy And it's relatively strong indeed.
selim06
Absolutely Ottomans Very Happy ..They have the greatest artillery and Janissaries are very good. So I nominate Ottomans.
Fire Boar
British... partly because I am myself British. That said, there's something strangely satisfying about pwning an entire town using 50 redcoats Laughing .
bryanbel
Hai Hitler.... hehehhe I find Germans as a greate civilization to use.
Kamu8recon
Thats cool that so far everyone here has a different favorite civilization. What type of style do you guys play? No-rush or rush? Do you prefer 1v1 games or 2v2?

Personally I'm pretty good at both but i'd prefer no rush just because I like to build a ton of cavalry. in most rush games i'm only able to build skirmishers but once i get my cavalry going its pretty much over. I also prefer 1v1 games just do to the fact that most times my partners aren't all that great.

I played one match where my teammate was a cpt. (dutch)and we were playing a major (port) and a 1st lt. (otto) needless to say that they rushed me ( i always get rushed dammit!) but i was able to hold off their attacks. then they decided to attack my partner who in most cases would have had a big army and a counter attack ready. that wasnt the case. he wanted to age, well he got to age 5 but he had a very small army and he was getting wiped out fast. by that time i had my cavalry built up and destroyed both of their eco's. which led to our victory. thats pretty much why i like 1v1 (lol sorry so long).
CivilizeD
I like all the civs each have there own strengths.

But i like to play with the ottoman mainly because of the colonial age abus guns which outrange anything in colonial age, so with good micro they own bad (hit n run tactic).

And throwing in jans is a nice age2 combo hard for colonial age cav to get to abus guns with jans in the mix.

And they have some great aging times, sexy saphi, and great bombards.

There weakness would be economy since vills come out so slow but there free so cant complain just upgrade church asap. Also their colonial army isn't cheap.

I also love germans them mercs own, along with the war wagons, dopplers, and settler wagons help eco alot.

But I vote otto.
xzoz92
like one said b4 i like the brittish because of the feeling of rushing in with 100 redcoats in my case and annihalating the enemy and in some cases i use a bit fewer redcoats and have a couple of mortars standing in the back line for quick destruction.

i mainly prefer 1 vs 3 games vs the computer(have never palyed online so i dont knwo what to say here really)
Kamu8recon
xzoz92 wrote:
like one said b4 i like the brittish because of the feeling of rushing in with 100 redcoats in my case and annihalating the enemy and in some cases i use a bit fewer redcoats and have a couple of mortars standing in the back line for quick destruction.

i mainly prefer 1 vs 3 games vs the computer(have never palyed online so i dont knwo what to say here really)

wait till u play online... the brits arent that great. i used to like them offline. but once i started the game online the brits were out. you cant really do much with them. i played a guy once who had massive redcoats but i wiped him out easily with arti units and cavalry. the one civilization i do have a hard time with though is the dutch. just because of the fact that they have that awesome anti-cav unit.
screamingdecay
I also like using the germans, maybe because I am german also. Very Happy
Spe_eddy
i like the French the best because of their extremely strong villagers - it is well worth the extra cost, i find myself with too much resources quite a lot of the time as I am not that good, i used to like the Ottoman's because of their artillery, but the French cavalry are very good. My username is spe_eddy - look out for me if you are a fairly good NOOB, ive played 15 games but have only won about 6 or 7, oh, and i also like 2V2 because i like the security of an ally, and being able to help them as well, and talk to them
Kamu8recon
Strong villagers are a super plus when using the french. Most times my villagers can hold off an early rush. Then when i hit age 3 i'd have about 10 villagers on a farm and 10 on a plantation. Which helps for massive food and gold. If im playing a no rush then i can get to the final age by 25 minutes easily. then i mass my cavarly, usually about 20-30 gendarmine currassiers and i can take out my opponents in less than five minutes. if they hold off that attack i just keep massing my cav and keep sending them.
Dark_Jedi06
When I used to play I'd own with the Russians... Cool

I'd usually be able to counter an enemy with mass Strelets for the infantry, Culverins for the artillery and Halberdiers for any calvary while my Oprichniks wrecked their economy and base. Twisted Evil

Only problem being that my computer lagged like hell during a large battle; killing my micro and causing me to lose. My computer couldn't run it well enough so after 400 games I gave it up. Crying or Very sad
Hojo
when i play age of empires 3 i usually play the spanish. they suit my play style best, id explain in detail but i dont have everything i like about them in my head right now, sry xD
pokethamage
brits pwn j00 butt with their rockets...too bad patch 1.08 is weakening it...ah well...still...rockets pwn both infantry and cannons and calvary AND SHIPS...how cool is that?
Kamu8recon
I was trying to learn the dutch before patch 1.08. Since they added the patch the dutch special unit (ruyters) really suck so i'm not using the dutch anymore. Any of you good with the dutch and can offer tips? I'm sort of tired of demolishing people with the french.
Dark_Jedi06
Hehe...second time posting in this thread, but suddenly I got the urge to play AoE3 again. Laughing

After playing about 15 games and boosting my skill points by 3, I'm still going to have to go with Russia. Very Happy I've devised a great half rush half FF strategy and its kept me on an uber winning streak. Not only that, but 1.08 gives Blockhouses 5 pop now.

And Oprichniks are still the greatest unit. Twisted Evil
serdar47
why dont ottoman??? My favorite is it..
Dark_Jedi06
Kamu8recon wrote:
Strong villagers are a super plus when using the french. Most times my villagers can hold off an early rush. Then when i hit age 3 i'd have about 10 villagers on a farm and 10 on a plantation. Which helps for massive food and gold. If im playing a no rush then i can get to the final age by 25 minutes easily. then i mass my cavarly, usually about 20-30 gendarmine currassiers and i can take out my opponents in less than five minutes. if they hold off that attack i just keep massing my cav and keep sending them.
A mill and plantation when hitting Fortress? You do realize how terrible of a strategy that is...not only does that cost 1200 wood (without the tech upgrades) but mills and plantations gather so much slower then huntables and mines. Structures like that should be a last resort, instead you should focus on gaining map control and giving yourself access to the gold mines and herds not in the immediate area of your base.

If your playing No Rush then why even bother playing the game? But to each is own...and once you start to play against better players, you'll realize that your mass Cuirassier's can be easily beaten and that massing any single unit is a really dumb idea.
Harley14
Quote:
wait till u play online... the brits arent that great

Are you joking? 1.08 gave them a huge boost. 83 wood for a manor (with Virgina company card) Longbowmen got a boost and rockets got a slight nerf. All in all it was a great patch for the brits, they will be the next OP civ. Massed Longbows owns.
Jt_Pk123
The Spanish are great although they are the easiest to play. They have crazy pikemen which can be upgraded to royal guards level, which other civs don't do. They also have lancers, I really love them when they charge towards my enemies' infantry. Their bonus is that they have the earliest home city shipment, and they can play a rush, a turtle, or a boom strategy Very Happy Cool Laughing Shocked Smile
brett2525193
Kamu8recon wrote:
I was trying to learn the dutch before patch 1.08. Since they added the patch the dutch special unit (ruyters) really suck so i'm not using the dutch anymore. Any of you good with the dutch and can offer tips? I'm sort of tired of demolishing people with the french.

With the dutch, i just build banks after purchasing a bunch of skirmishers to protect from rushers, and then just keep buying villiagers with the money the banks put out. I'm not into hunting, so i use farms, and have a whole lot on trees. Once you have all the banks possible, you can just pump out merceneries and artillery pretty easily, as well as cavalry and plenty of skirmishers. The dutch can be hard if your opponent rushes, but if you can hold them off you've pretty much won if you make it to industrial because of the HUGE amounts of gold. I usually finish an online game with 2 farms, 5 banks, and about 15 villiagers on wood. So far this has worked out well. Sorry for the long reply Smile
Sovietguard123
My most favorite civ is the Russians, they own in numbers and if you play it right as a pro you can rush very early at around 4-5 mins of the game, even if ur opponent managed to defeat ur rush you still have disturbed his eco. My home city lv is 51 with Russians but I have not yet try to play online (I am a noob Cool ) The other civ that I like is the Dutch, their eco owns and they got the wonderful ruyters and fluyts ( it's the only civ I have ever try to get to age 5 cuz i usually do a rush), but the dutch will suffer from rush as it only has pikes and hussars in colonial age, anyone can give me an anti rush guide for dutch?
tofproba
my favorite civilisation is french ...... I love this game ..... everyday play game ...
kutekitten
I tend to play Spanish... Don't ask me why, just something I chose when I didn't know what I was doing and just kinda stuck to.
traxion
the DUTCH.. and way ?

i'm from the netherlands, so offcource i play as my great grand father Razz
pravojednostavno
When i play Age of Empires 3, I usually play the french civilization - they have very strong villagers
pravojednostavno
When i play Age of Empires 3, I usually play the french civilization - they have very strong villagers