FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

vBulletin

Remmos
These forums are nice but they're powered by phpBB. I recommend Invision or better yet, vBulletin. phpBB is known as one of the worst forum services out. Just a suggestion. Smile
mOrpheuS
Remmos wrote:
These forums are nice but they're powered by phpBB. I recommend Invision or better yet, vBulletin. phpBB is known as one of the worst forum services out. Just a suggestion. Smile

"Worst" is a very generalized tag.
In what specific ways is it inferior to IPB or vB ?

I can't think of anything that IPB or vB would do better than phpBB in context of FRIHost. Confused
Remmos
Sorry if I seemed rude. I've been using phpBB, Invision, and vBulletin forums for three years. phpBB is very simplistic and does not have near as many features as Invision or vBulletin. For one, vBulletin has quicklinks. That feature allows you to access different parts of your profile from any page. There's a vBulletin plugin called vBPlaza. When you post you get points, much like the system that's integrated on these forums right now, except they can go to the vbplaza and buy profile and username upgrades.

When you need to run maintenance, it's much easier. Both Invision and vBulletin allow you to clean most if not all of the forum tables at once. The skins are much nicer as well. I hope you're not mad at my suggestion. Smile
mathiaus
Please red the Things that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING! topic (specificly 7!)
You are also reminded to read the stickies and announcements in a forum before posting and to search for similar topics.

-close-