FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What have I done????

greenwoodmonkey
Completely new to making a website, am using dreamweaver to upload the pages I have made, but none of them seem to be showing...

I also think I have screwed up in regards to changing my subdomain name or something....

Can everything be reset to how it was when I got the account?

Can anyone tell me where I am supposed to be uploading my pages to? I have been uploading them to the main directory, but nothing shows up.. do I need to be putting them in the public_htm folders or something??

PLEASE can someone advise... this is doing my head in

Cheers
mathiaus
I moved the files to your public_html folder which is where they need to be to work.

You added a non-existant domain. You need to register that domain from a dregistrar if you wish to use it and then change the nameservers to frihost.
greenwoodmonkey
Thanks for help so far.....
In reference to : "You added a non-existant domain. You need to register that domain from a dregistrar if you wish to use it and then change the nameservers to frihost."

What I did was a mistake, what do I need to do to make the name the same as it was before?? If so what do I need to write?

How long do new pages take to show up by the way?

Thanks for your help... great site by the way... and great service!
Helios
Quote:
What I did was a mistake, what do I need to do to make the name the same as it was before?? If so what do I need to write?

How long do new pages take to show up by the way?

1. Before adding a domain, you should reffer it to frihost using frihost's nameservers. Then, you should go to your control panel in frihost and add the domain. (worked for me)

2. Less than a second for me. (The server is in America and I live in Israel)
mathiaus
If you want to use the domain greenmonkeywood.com (I believe you added to Direct Admin), you will need to buy it from a domain registrar.

The pages update automaticly. You will need to refresh you browser to see the differences though and if you have it cached, clear your cache as well.
If you are refering to a different domain it can take up to 72 hours (I think its 72 hours though It's usually resolved for me well before then).
Helios
I thought he was talking about the time it takes to a new page to be updated on the server.
Never mind Smile