FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Omen

aiden_thomas
I watched this movie yesterday evening. I found it no substitute for the original, but still quite enthralling.

Acting was good, better than average. SFX were brilliant! Most movies these days don't show a death. They cut, and then show the dead body afterwards. In this movie, they show the death in action. It is so well done, it looks more than real. That gains merit in my book.

Only thing that is bad is that it doesn't match up to the original. But i guess that there is no substitute for perfection.

But other than that, i felt it was deffinatly worth watching. Wasn't really a horror either.

7/10.

Any one elses thoughts?
deroga
I thought it to be a unnessecary remake of a great movie. The original Omen had somewhat the same feel as the Exorcist and Shining. But the remake qualifies only as a average thriller.
aiden_thomas
deroga wrote:
I thought it to be a unnessecary remake of a great movie. The original Omen had somewhat the same feel as the Exorcist and Shining. But the remake qualifies only as a average thriller.

So many people say this. In deed it was unnecessary, but aside from that it was good, no?

Just don't measure it up to the original, cause it will ruin it.
Nigeria
I have never seen the orignal I'm sure it was great.I really enjoyed this remake.The acting was great and it keep me on the edge of my seat the entire time.I'll be sure to add this to my dvd collection when it comes out. Very Happy