FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

red alert

elragal_30
what about red alert game ???
are any one know it
it have alot of verisons like
red alert 2
red alert 4
red alert total destructions(the best)
it have alot of functions

so what your favirit version ??
bogger
red alert 1!!! i'm sorry but nothing quite beats retro these days

I remember getting 5 men per square, and then running over them with tanks, such a waste, SUCH fun Smile
Fire Boar
RA 2 is better than 1; 1 has rifle troops that are at the end of the day a waste of money. It's a case of monotonously waiting for the construction yard to sustain enough damage to explode in RA1 whereas in RA2, there are plenty more units, options, and you really have to tactically place units where they'll work best.
Farhad
The best thing about Red Alert was the music? I dare anyone who has listened to the Hell March to say that it didn't stir a total wanton sense of destruction in you.

And the unit comments? I remember mimicing the russki's AFFERTMATIVE!!! Ohh I loved it.
mongoose41
Games don't get much better than Red Alert 2. The fun of using Storms on enemy forces beats boring Nukes.
biffi
Red Alert 1 is still my favorite, since it's the start of this fantastic game. Red Alert 2 isn't bad either, but in my eyes, nothing can beat RA 1.
tydzjing
red alert 4
mongoose41
tydzjing wrote:
red alert 4

Red Alert 4? What's that, a mod or something? Never heard of it.
Garga
Yuri's Revenge is very wonderfull. I advise you
mongoose41
Garga wrote:
Yuri's Revenge is very wonderfull. I advise you
Currently can't play it because something's wrong with my computer.
matttai
I loved Red Alert 2 + Yuri's revenge i think was probably the best of the series. Once it started getting 3d it just sort of lost its character :/
I just like the fact when strategy was back in 2d everything was so much more neater. Nowadays in 3d things just become a big mess and it is hard to see anything. 2d also looks alot more detailed?
Not sure if the voxel technology that red alert uses could be called 2d i'm not sure. But it sure as hell looks 2d.
The thing i loved doing most was having 4-5 Kirov airships blockade off a mountain pass and time them to force attack the ground in a 5/4/3/2/1 pattern to form a constant barrage on the spot.
The computer would then send its troops through there only to get blown to bits Very Happy
Fully promoted Kirovs in no time. Do you know how damn fast those things move when they are fully promoted? Insane!!! And they destroy construction yards in 2-3 hits lol
Fire Boar
matttai wrote:
The thing i loved doing most was having 4-5 Kirov airships blockade off a mountain pass and time them to force attack the ground in a 5/4/3/2/1 pattern to form a constant barrage on the spot.
The computer would then send its troops through there only to get blown to bits Very Happy
Fully promoted Kirovs in no time. Do you know how damn fast those things move when they are fully promoted? Insane!!! And they destroy construction yards in 2-3 hits lol

I have to agree with you there. Veteran Kirovs with their insane blue electro-missiles combined with only being touchable by rocket troops/tanks and AA structures makes the most awesome units ever.

Either that or prism/apocalypse tanks. Get about 30 and you have T3H ULT1M4T3 PWN4G3!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

Oops... went l33t there for a sec... don't ban me pleeeease
djsamsung
dunno why....enjoyed the LAN play on RA2.

but nothing beats Tiberian Sun... Shocked
mongoose41
djsamsung wrote:
dunno why....enjoyed the LAN play on RA2.

but nothing beats Tiberian Sun... Shocked
Another good game from Westwood. Fear my Titan/Wolverine rush!!!
matttai
yeh i felt tiberian sun got unfairly hammered by critics because there was too much hype and expectation built up from the first C&C
it wasnt a bad game anyway and i thoroughly enjoyed it Smile
i hope westwood bring back the 2d! it looks like everyone here enjoys the 2d the most
xzoz92
ok i must agree red alert is one of the best series ever created. I started palying red alert 1 in 1998 and i haven't let go since i still have a copy at my other comp and red alert 2 i played like a freak when i got it. When i even heard Yuris Revenge existed i had it in 2 days and i completed it in a week i must say im not the best player but i just wont give up. But now that my skills had improved some i could easely handle a couple of brutal opponents. And just about then i got a new comp unfortunatley i havne't had time to install neither red alert game on my new computer so, i haven't played it for half a year but i hope i soon will.
for taht fact iwe played most westwood games but the best games are those b4 the 3d started i must say like tiberian sun(haven't played as much),command and conquer(the first game),red alert,red alert 2. I never liked generals as much it was a good agme at its time but since theres now better games like it and i never really likes it that much i prefer other games but i still play red alert 1 just to have 15 cruisers and completely destroy the enemy with one final blow. In red alert my general tactic was to fend the enemy off until i had so much airplanes that i could easely take out all kinds of buildings with one strike and i am a really annoying kid so ofc i sent in alot of prism tanks to destor the AA only and then ran away with em, after that is done i just took out the money and elecrticity after that i started playing.
hehe Rolling Eyes the good old days Rolling Eyes shure brings back memorys
exarkun
Cool tactical but mine is a little bit different from your approach. I like to do things quick and swift, leaving the enemy no chance to think. Therefore ending a game much more quickly than normal. It is either I die or he doom, right? So I guess it depend more on luck too.
nFuriate255
Yeh, i've been playing the command & conquer series since the original and I have to say my favourite is Red Alert 2. The range of buildings and units make it a great tactical game. The online feature just adds to it, although not having the best multiplayer support it was still very fun, especially the custom made maps where you could instantly build what you wanted (it lagged back on my old computer). I'd say overall RA2 was one of the best stratagy games i've played, though i've got to say in first place is Warcraft 3 + TFT.
mongoose41
If you go to the Beowulf's rules topic at cncnz, it has an RA2 mod that makes the AI insanely intelligent. It also includes units such as Volkov, MiGs, M.A.D. Tanks, Rangers, Tesla Commandos, Tesla Ivans, Guardian GIs, Medics, Battleships, Raptors, Airpads (no radar), Soviet Agents, Chrono Tanks, and Psi-Corps Troopers.
coozy
I think apocalypse is the best tank in red alert 2. My favorite country is russia because tesla tank is apocalypse wonderfull. Smile
guissmo
Red Alert? Everyone sorta forgot that since Warcraft came in.
mongoose41
coozy wrote:
I think apocalypse is the best tank in red alert 2. My favorite country is russia because tesla tank is apocalypse wonderfull. Smile
My favourite country is france because Grand Cannons own Apocalypses. But Tanya pretty much owns them as well (in Yuri's Revenge). What about Prism/Mirage tank Combos? Mass IFV assaults? Terrorist (in Flack Track)/Demolition Truck rushes? Allies still win with Spysats and (Black Eagle/Harrier) Airstrikes though.
Pikokola
Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge...

It's cost 4.5 hours for me and my friends to end the "Great war" between us

I remember using IMV + Sniper, 1 shot and you die Very Happy Or maybe, Nuke Tank [Uranium Tank] which can kill others friend...

Using People Power is great too... [off course the dogs win Smile]

And I love the Mastermind... [yeah.. he's can't last more than 30 seconds if take more than 3/4 peoples at once Smile]

And the most powerfull is... Cyborg Commando Very Happy
mathie
I played Red Alert2 ... this is a very very nice game...I prefer game of Russian nation

Do you with includ special weapons (atomic bomb, weather resistant etc. ) ??