FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Java IDE rulez?

sergi
At the moment I am downloading the NetBeans IDE. I'm very curious about whether it will be as cool as IntelliJ IDEA I used before. The IDEA's is cool but it's slow. The NetBeans is open source and thus, is being constantly enhanced by programmers all over the world. I think it should be great... What IDE do you prefer? What are it's strengths?
deepak
I dont work with JAVA, but i used JBuilder in past. JBuilder Developer includes innovative tools to get you off to a quick start with JavaServer Faces (JSF) and the new language features of J2SE™ 5.0 (JDK 1.5). The customizable JBuilder IDE, with its robust editor, code audits, and distributed refactoring, helps speed coding and reduce errors. Maximize your productivity with visual designers for JSF and Struts; unit testing; advanced debugging (conditional breakpoints, breakpoint logging, evaluator, step out, and run to end of method); and support for peer-to-peer collaboration and team development. Use the integrated Borland Optimizeit Profiler to deliver fast, scalable, reliable applications. Developer Edition also includes all the capabilities of the Foundation Edition.
Liu
Netbeans or Eclipse is what I would recommend the most. However they're both a bit on the bulky side. If you're just looking to manage small projects alone (thus no CVS) capability, then I would just suggest something simple like BlueJ
poppitz
I prefer Eclipse, it's free and there are a lot of plug-ins (server plug-ins, language plug-ins, ...) that you can do nearly everything within Eclipse and use it also for with other languages but java.
There are different views (java, ressources, ...), a code outline, code completion, quick view of docu, linking to methods, code highlighting, ...

A lot of features that support a developer.
qbawler311
eclipse definitly, I love the debugger, and other organization, if your new to making GUI's netbeans comes packaged with a nice GUI builder for noobs though.
prototype_angel
JCreator Pro-light and efficient and pretty good looking
I've been wanting to give netbeans a try