FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Are Friends For?

seuntech
Can you tell me, what friends are for? Why do you bother to keep them?

About the friends you currently have: do they deliver on your expectations or do they dissapoint you? Are they worth the time, effort, and (maybe) money you have invested in them so far?

Are you still in need of more friends, are you perfectly satisfied with those you have, or have you given up on friendship? Thanks in advance for your contributions!
Becky
Friends are there to have a laugh with, to have personal jokes with, to talk to when your down, and also to help when they are down.
Friends help us to feel wanted.

My friends are awesome, i dont have lots of friends, like some people claim to have , but my friends i truly know and am able to trust. Sometimes they piss me off, but i must piss them off sometimes too, so it doesnt matter.

I dont want more friends, i'll probaly gain some over the years, and also loose them, but i dont need lots of friends, wanting friends isnt good, you should be happy with the ones that you have, friendship just happens..you cant force it by wanting it so badly.

Wow sorry for the long post Shocked
intekmdma
Friends... what everyone needs to have. It'll make life easier for one thing. Support, help, etc... Also, doing activities, communication. You know what they say, us humans need a social life in order to stay alive =)
byt
real friends are hard to find, they're the ones you can never have too many of however there are so many so called friends out there that disapear when you are in need and that type you realy don't need trouble is you never know until you need them that they're not real friends.

I personally have a lot of friends but only a few of them would I considered to be real friends, the sort that help out whenever or where ever they can and for those few I am really greatfull to have
Vrythramax
IMO friends are there for the company and to help enjoy life. So far the *real* friends I have do not need to live up to any expectations....I place none on them.

We can all use more friends, but if you can count your true friends on one hand, your a lucky perrson. So many people confuse aquintances for friends....and that may be what in the end leads to disappoinments and let downs....they were not real friends to start with.

I know literally hundreds of people through work, hobbies, etc., but I only count 4 people as my true friends. These are people that I have known for years and give my complete trust to, and I am trusted by them as well. True friends are not easy to find, and when you do find one....you don't let go of the friendship easily.

Just MHO Smile
dz9c
Vrythramax wrote:
IMO

WHats that stand for? I have also seen IMHO
Vrythramax
dz9c wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
IMO

IMO = "In My Opinion"
IMHO = "In My Honest Opinion"

Smile
HoboPelican
Vrythramax wrote:
dz9c wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
IMO

IMO = "In My Opinion"
IMHO = "In My Honest Opinion"

Smile

Or "In My Humble Opinion" Smile

Friends help you move...Real friends help you move bodies.

Only a slight exageration. A friend has your back...always. I don't have many friends but the ones I have also have my complete trust. And it goes without saying that I'd drop anything for them. I used to live a life where that was a neccessity, but even now I find that putting up with "fair-weather" friends is not worth the effort.
Ellosha
My friends live up to my expectations of them, at least most of them do. And even if they don't, it doesn't matter.

My friends are worth everything I've ever done for any single one of them, or any group. Though I'm always on the lookout for new friends, I wouldn't trade the ones I have for anything.
thegamecreator
No they are not...life would be some much easier imo without the confusion of friends
thats why insects are so supioior to us...they dont have friends...they live...mate...die...repeat
cybernie
a friend is a push and pull in life's ups and downs,
your strength when you want to give up,
your inspiration when you want to move on.

a friends is like your shadow staying close to you,
also like a map showing when where to go,

a friend is someone who knows the real you
accepts you for who your, what you have and what you do....
HoboPelican
thegamecreator wrote:
No they are not...life would be some much easier imo without the confusion of friends
thats why insects are so supioior to us...they dont have friends...they live...mate...die...repeat

dang, that is one f*cked up life you're living. I think you just need better friends. Do you really want to live like that or are you just depressed at the moment? Have you NO experience with friends that outweigh the challenges?
Vrythramax
thegamecreator wrote:

Shocked that's a real empty existence you have going there.

I don't have many friends myself, but I wouldn't give up the ones I do have for anything...they help make life worth living. When you think about it, what good is it to be a success at anything if you have nobody to share it with? I have my family to share with....but I need my friends also.

live...mate...die...repeat? once you die how can there be repetition? Confused
matttai
I expect my friends to be loyal and stick by me at all times! Is all i ask of them. Not very hard and i would do exactly the same for them. Anything else isnt an issue as we normally dont trouble each other much if at all. But if a problem arises we stick together like a band of brothers. The way all good friends should be!
I at one time thought it would be easier without friends. But even at the worse of times having someone to help to get through tough times is the best thing. Even better is helping a friend get through tough times. Think about not what you can get, but what you can give.
Soulfire
My friends are just people I love to be around, we have fun, and we experience things together. There's strength in numbers, and the more the merrier.
grajpotti
See Friends are for your Good and their Good. If botha re good its really Good . Understand??

Nevermind!!
CyanEyed
thegamecreator wrote:

Thats a very negative view on friends and life but i do see where ur coming from.

grajpotti wrote:
See Friends are for your Good and their Good. If botha re good its really Good . Understand??

Nevermind!!

Spam i think
XSTG
Friends are people that can help you when you are in trouble, people that you trust, people who trust you and people with wich you feel good.

Friends ... I don't have a lot. But I try to keep them for a long time.
Kaisonic
Friends are the people that are fun to hang around with. They're the ones that make you laugh, and that you make laugh. Insert additional sentimental comment about friends here. That's what friends are. Why to keep them? Because they're awesome.
seanooi
friend are people who will keep you company when you're alone. People who you can share almost anything with them, sad or sorrow. Friends are people who will help one another, give each other advice to improve them.

And I am happy for having friends like that in my life.
Soltair
Friends are people that share your interests and projects, and people you like spending time with (even if sometimes you'd like to get rid of them anyway Razz )

I have maybe half a dozen friends, it's enough for me. I could have less... And I've got no problem with them really up to now.
S3nd K3ys
HoboPelican wrote:

Or "In My Humble Opinion" Smile

In my case, it's

IMNSHO, or, In my not so humble opinion Wink
Zug Zug
For me a friend is someone who you've known for quite awhile. You trust, respect, like, and are loyal to them. A friend is like family to me. I have two friends that I've known for 8 1/2 years, and they have never (not even once) let me down/dissapointed me. We're like family, we're always there if one of us is in trouble. For example: I'm a teenage mother, they stayed through for me all through my pregnancy. They were there, they didn't care if I was 17 and pregnate, they love me for who I am. I have other friends, but they're not as close as I am with Chanel or Katie. I say: Quality over Quanity. A good friend will last forever, but a bad one will decieve you.

Also a friend is someone to cheer you up!

Sincerely,

Meghan Very Happy
elcyron
friends are relatives you make for yourself.

they're supposed to be there when you need them, even in the middle of the night .
off course every friend can have a bad day and say something like "3 am leave me alone". or maybe you'll even have a fight someday. however a true friend will be there if he can, not asking anything in reward - nomatter what he did.

that's what seperates pals from friend.
38club
seuntech wrote:

About the friends you currently have: do they deliver on your expectations or do they dissapoint you? Are they worth the time, effort, and (maybe) money you have invested in them so far?

Are you still in need of more friends, are you perfectly satisfied with those you have, or have you given up on friendship? Thanks in advance for your contributions!

I think friend is very important to us... we will feel very boring if without of friend ........ so friend is make our like more colorful
mying
38club wrote:

I think friend is very important to us... we will feel very boring if without of friend ........ so friend is make our like more colorful

yeah... I am agree with you......
Jack_Hammer
I don't have friends!
Wink
Shin
Friend is a cool thing. Especially when you meet new friends. It opens up your horizons and understand new things. It's not just that they can give you a helping hand, but more importantly is try to help them. Which is what I always try to do, it gives me such a pleasure when I think I have contributed to make them happier. Smile
soyaholic
My friends are great.

I have known 5 of them since a decade ago.
Over the years, there were times of laughter, and times of sorrow.
They stuck by me all these while. Sometimes I wonder. what would I be without them.

Friendship is largely what bounces off you to others. Treat them with love, concern, sincerity. You find that this pay-it-forward theory comes back to you one way or another
OutlawSpirit
friends r there to chill with and spend time with n hav fun with

they r there - if they r real friends for you in time's of need...

"time to pay the rent, guess its time to find how who really is your friends"

Cool
sujan
friends are foreever
Wynand
Friends are not there for you. You are there for your friends.

I can see that you are having some trouble with why to keep friends, but if you keep the above analogy in mind you will have no trouble.

You will see with time that being there for friends you are making yourself a very happy person.
FerSx
Fiends: are people you go out with, get a beer have some fun, share some jokes ones an a wile.

GOOD friends: are people ho now you and know you better than you know you’re self, knows all yours flaws and defects and still wants to be around you.

Always give all u can to good friends, never let them down, and u always will have someone to share all what life throw to you. Mr. Green
Varo
A friend is someone is just often there. They aren't afraid to tell you that you have the biggest pimple in the world on your face or that you have a whole roll toliet paper trailing behind your shoe. They help you get out of jams and are there for support. Often you do the same for them. They also are the people who accept you and the people that you share lifelong memories with. They are also the people that want your most valuable possessions if you happen to die in a dare they thought up.
solarwind
seuntech wrote:

Wow. Dude, you don't INVEST in friends.
NeoRayden
Friends are for scraching your back Very Happy ......... Speaking of which... Laughing
sujan
friends are those gifts who support u foreever
so they wont hurt u until u do something bat to them
crimson_aria
What are friends for? FOR EVERYTHING. My friends are the people I truly value a lot in my life. I’d rather hurt myself than hurt them. They help me learn how it is to be happy and be sad. I learned that life can be so much fun with them around. Very Happy
adamh1989
its just thing that lets u keep buddys to gether
frozenhead
You can collect friends as much as you can do but choose friends that you think that are worth keepin'.

True Friends are there to share what your goin into your life and be there in your lowest part of your life. They're simple there for you to help whatever happens. Idea
drakordern
I have easy to come along with others, and I used to hava around 200-300 "friends". Do u have any idea how hard it is to mantain contact with 200 people.
god damn... I didnt have a life, just people.

So I cut alot of them out and I have around 30 friends now and 6 closefriends, and my life is so much more easy.

With my friend I laugh, cry, jump around like a crasy bunny and have serious diskusions. We do alot together and its nice to have them around, even if they sometimes can be to much. But its ok I´m to much sometimes.

We can hurt each other but we always regret it and keep on being friends, but mostly we just have fun.

Friends is a "must have" and I could not imagine my life without them
The most and formost friend is my girlfriend and thats nice......

Life is good