FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DirectAdmin Ticket System

hack_man_
Why not use the support ticket/mail system that is in DirectAdmin (and CPanel if there is one) instead of the Change Account forum. It might make responses faster and it would spread the workload more evenly. "Many hands make light work" as opposed to "Few hands resulting in nervous breakdown!"
heady233
hack_man_ wrote:
Why not use the support ticket/mail system that is in DirectAdmin (and CPanel if there is one) instead of the Change Account forum. It might make responses faster and it would spread the workload more evenly. "Many hands make light work" as opposed to "Few hands resulting in nervous breakdown!"
I don't agree with you, because thr Change Account forum can alos be for the forum account, while FDirect Admin's ticket system would be for Direct Admin.
Blaster
also things like passwords and stuff too. Like what if i lost my password and needed it reset. Well i can't get into direct admin to do that now can i?
Bondings
We don't use that ticket system. I'm going to try to completely remove it from DA if possible. And it's certainly not faster.
ChrisCh
Bondings wrote:
We don't use that ticket system. I'm going to try to completely remove it from DA if possible. And it's certainly not faster.

Don't remove the messaging system completely though - the server sends you a message that way to notify you when your backups are ready Smile
Animal
The problems with the ticket system are many. Here are a few:

1 - As far as I know, the ticket is only sent to the person who created your account. If they can't answer you, they need to do some research (so you make us have to work harder! Wink)
2 - We would be asked the same questions over and over since other users can't search for previously fixed issues
3 - Users can't help other users. It's all left to the account creators. It's partly down to extra work for us, but the support forums are very popular with technically minded people who just want to lend a hand
4 - It's open to users spamming the ticket system. Don't know why they would, but some people already do. It wastes our time and makes it more difficult for us to continue providing the best free web hosting service on the internet!
Marston
Bondings wrote:
And it's certainly not faster.
I disagree.
Animal
Marston wrote:
Bondings wrote:
And it's certainly not faster.
I disagree.

While I take your point, I don't know the answer to your question. If I created your account, I would need to spend time researching it. If it's posted in the forum as you have done, everyone (including all mods and admins) can see the question. I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question but unfortunately we all can't help if we don't know the answer.
Marston
Wink I didn't mean to come off as rude.