FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Image software

Tasa
What is the best software for creating images. Namely I am working on a webcomic and need some good software to make it in. Price is not an object but I would rather pay less then more of course
CyanEyed
read around the forum - u cannot beat photoshop for value and functionality
photographerguy
Photoshop and Illustrator = I use them and love em, expensive, but worth it. Educational discount is a good deal.

Gimp and Inkscape = Free, open source alternatives. Very impressive and capable of almost anything the Adobe products can produce. Some of the necessary pro features aren't there yet, such as color management and .dxf export (in my opinion - two features I need)

Photoshop Elements is much cheaper than CS2 and most people can get by without all of the features.

Corel Draw and Paint Shop Pro are other options. I've never used them, but heard they are decent.

Also Macromedia Fireworks. I have it, but don't like it. I use Photoshop instead. The whole Studio 8 package is decent price with educational discount. You get Dreamweaver (web design), Fireworks (graphics), and Flash Pro (flash content creation)
sub-zero
CyanEyed wrote:
read around the forum - u cannot beat photoshop for value and functionality

and easy gif maker lol make like gif images also edit them
parokya
It is free and you can get it at http://photofiltre.com Very Happy
turbosquid
Again i would say the best of the best would have to be Adobe's photoshop and Illustrator packages for the PC, they are expensive though but worth the money as you can do pretty much anything with them. If you really want to push the boat out get the Adobe CS2 package, it contains all of Adobe's top software but again VERY expensive.

PaintShop Pro used to be good and it used to FREE but i havent used it for years so things have probably changed now.

Also highly recomended would be 'The Gimp' originally for Linux but i think it's been ported to Windows.