FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ComicCon '06

Jaiye
San Diego in july, anybody else going?
Scaramanga
But of course. I've been going on and off now for close to 15 years (even when I DIDN'T live in San Diego.)

I encourage anyone who's interested in comics or pop culture to check it out. It is the biggest convention of its kind anywhere in the US, with over 100k attendees last year. And it has some of the biggest luminaries in comics and film attending, including (based on past appearances): Quentin Tarantino, Agelina Jolie, Stan Lee, Matt Groening, John Romita Jr., the casts of Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (sans Sarah Michelle Gellar,) Battlestar Galactica, et al.
Yantaal
i dont go to that, but in England we have an event called Collector Mania

it is an awesome event, we have Sci Fi actors Fantasy actors, hunders of stalls with replica weapons from films, numerous comic stands, numerous film merobilia stands, card game stands, its truly awesome
exarkun
What is the event about? A huge collection of manga that can be bought, or throught auctions?
rightclickscott
Nah, it usually comes down to either ComicCon or Connecticon, and since I live in Connecticut, it's a plain choice. If you want to meet up, I'll be there on sunday, wearing the "Official Right-Click Studios" t-shirt.
Scaramanga
rightclickscott wrote:
Nah, it usually comes down to either ComicCon or Connecticon, and since I live in Connecticut, it's a plain choice. If you want to meet up, I'll be there on sunday, wearing the "Official Right-Click Studios" t-shirt.

I know the distance is probably a big obstacle but you should probably try and make the trip out to San Diego to go to CCI, even if just once in your life. Also I think we beat ConnectiCon by a mile. Very Happy

In fact it'd be worth it to head down to Southern California for the entire month of July. You've got Anime Expo in Anaheim (or Long Beach next year,) which is the largest Anime convention in the US, on July 4th weekend. Comic-Con in San Diego usually in late July or early August. Those two cons right there are one of the reasons I'm glad to be living here (because it ain't the housing market I can tell you.) Very Happy
rightclickscott
That's the thing, though. I prefer Connecticon because it's easier for me to meet fellow webcomic artists. Not only that, but I know Matt Daigle, the creator of Connecticon, to some extent. Connecticon is sort of my family, and everyone there is alot closer, plus, I don't have the money for both of them.
Jaiye
I was very disappointed I could make it to anime expo, but I just got my pre-registration packet for Comic-Con in the mail today =)

I'm going to be volunteering a couple shifts so I don't have to pay Razz
pandamonium
I was just wondering, to volunteer at comic con do you HAVE to be 16 in order to volunteer?
KhoaN
I'm pretty sure you have to be 16 in order to volenteer. Although that's a very good way of getting into comic-con for free because I volenteered last year for some organization and I ended up just getting in for free and not doing any work because they had an excess of volenteers and didn't need us to really do anything. It was so great considering the tickets were like 25.00 for one day. I got to see everything and got so much free stuff. Haha.

I'm pretty sure I'm going back this year, but the line-up of appearances doesn't look to good. I guess I'll just go this year for the merchandise and all the free stuff. Its interesting to see people dressed up too. Haha. I took hella pictures last year.
bimbel
When there visit the booth of the "Kingdom of Loathing" ! it's worth it (I can't be there Sad)
Scaramanga
bimbel wrote:
When there visit the booth of the "Kingdom of Loathing" ! it's worth it (I can't be there Sad)

I just found out KoL is going to be there this past Saturday, and I was tickled.