FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Why do some of you use this hosting?





jayandsilo
I'm talking about the people who just have a html website that doesn't use the php, perl, cgi, mysql, or change their domain. I'm not bagging them out, but I just wonder why you come here when you could get hosting for your needs without the need to post.
rightclickscott
You see, I don't care about posting, since I do it so often. What I do care about is when people keep making the same threads OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Especially nubs. Gee, there must be a connection.
munkey_boy
Yeh exactly what rightclickscott said.
selim06
It seems you don't know Frihost's wawe!This is Frihost and nearly all of users don't post for hosting.Frihost is also a great forum and the posts very respectfull so they use Frihost.And they can change their ideas and want to use PHP so the best way Frihost!
Helios
jayandsilo, first of all, I don't think you should worry about other people online.
People who want to host their little HTML website, will host it somewhere. It's none of your concern where. Am I right?

Now, about posting, if you're having a hard time posting here, well, no-one's holding you.
Many people here, including myself, are enjoying posting here for no reason at all and are happy that they've got a hosting package as a bonus Wink
jayandsilo
I just wondered what the point is if they don't use the features
jayandsilo
rightclickscott wrote:
You see, I don't care about posting, since I do it so often. What I do care about is when people keep making the same threads OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Especially nubs. Gee, there must be a connection.


you are the epitome of nerd
Fire Boar
Helios wrote:
jayandsilo, first of all, I don't think you should worry about other people online.
People who want to host their little HTML website, will host it somewhere. It's none of your concern where. Am I right?

Now, about posting, if you're having a hard time posting here, well, no-one's holding you.
Many people here, including myself, are enjoying posting here for no reason at all and are happy that they've got a hosting package as a bonus Wink

Well said: I agree with all that 100%! This is a great forum to post on regardless of whether there's web hosting with it or not. That said, I did find FriHost because I needed CGI or PHP and MySQL, but I was suitably impressed about the space you are given as well as the extra features. So I went FriHost!
rajhank
i think the search button is a useful button given by bondings in this forum.

a thread already exists like this one.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41239
Sabrina
jayandsilo wrote:
I'm talking about the people who just have a html website that doesn't use the php, perl, cgi, mysql, or change their domain. I'm not bagging them out, but I just wonder why you come here when you could get hosting for your needs without the need to post.


I actually love posting on forums, it's my very favourite thing to do when I'm online. I like to meet people from all places and get along, that kinda stuff. It beats chatting in a chat room. I think it's pretty cool reading what other people think about a certain topic. I am thinking about paying for my own site very soon, I just want to check out the other free sites first so I can really feel the difference when I eventually get my paid site. Smile I think 250MB is really low though, but I'm not complaining. Smile
Joe944
Been out of the web design loop for several years and figured this would be a great way to experiment with various technologies.
venc
well, I chose it because its free, it gives me 250m,php,mysql, etcl. plus, everbody here rocks!
intekmdma
rightclickscott wrote:
You see, I don't care about posting, since I do it so often. What I do care about is when people keep making the same threads OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Especially nubs. Gee, there must be a connection.


Yup. I think this syndrom is called.... forum post whoring! haha
NG
frih is a rlly good host and i dont think ppl hav to use php some ppl jus use html , perl if they dnt no how to do php and other languages
Liu
jayandsilo wrote:
I just wondered what the point is if they don't use the features


What's the point of going to a restaurant if you don't order everything on the menu?

Just because you're given the options doesn't mean you have to utilize it all.
xorcist
jayandsilo wrote:
I'm talking about the people who just have a html website that doesn't use the php, perl, cgi, mysql, or change their domain. I'm not bagging them out, but I just wonder why you come here when you could get hosting for your needs without the need to post.
Because its the fact that you get all of this and you might need it once in a while like I never needed mysql but now I have it I use it.
jayandsilo
Liu wrote:
jayandsilo wrote:
I just wondered what the point is if they don't use the features


What's the point of going to a restaurant if you don't order everything on the menu?

Just because you're given the options doesn't mean you have to utilize it all.


but that would mean paying for everything on the menu and now using it
soulman
most of us register here is for learning those script...
Blaster
Well i am hosting illeagle mp3s duh. Razz

Now to be serious. I have it to test scripts upload things like pictures and stuff. I am actually trying to just get a server to host images and movies i make. Anyhow i have my blog hosted here and i build other sites here. I really have to get back to my site now but i have no time on my hands now.

Anyhow that is why i have my site hosted at frihost and make it simple.
aakwa
honestly the PHP hosting is pretty much the only reason that I wanted to come to this hosting versus the others. It is just awesome! there are so many things I can do with PHP versus just HTML coding and I couldnt be more happy using this host. They do an excellent job and I'm glad to use it.
meet in rio
1. No ads. The only other free hosting I could find like this was freewebs.com, and it was a pain to upload stuff there.
2. I wanted to learn PHP and MySQL, and I didn't want to pay for fancy hosting before I realised that I couldn't do it/hated it.
3. The forum is useful and fun.
4. The option to use FTP instead of some sort of file manager.
skygaia
If I post to use just web hosting, then posting is very for me.

English is second language to me. So frishost is very nice place to practice my english. And I could get some good opinions from others. I know I need to practice constantly to improve my english skill. But it's not easy to do that.

However I have to post regulary to keep my web account. Sometimes I would feel disgusting to post. but I had to do. I need free web space.

So here is the best place to me, I can get free web space and improve my English skill..
kung_fu_stu
Mostly right now I'm using frihost for the e-mail, but eventually I hope to get my personal website up. I'm an actor, so it will be a site about me!
jayandsilo
skygaia wrote:
If I post to use just web hosting, then posting is very for me.

English is second language to me. So frishost is very nice place to practice my english. And I could get some good opinions from others. I know I need to practice constantly to improve my english skill. But it's not easy to do that.

However I have to post regulary to keep my web account. Sometimes I would feel disgusting to post. but I had to do. I need free web space.

So here is the best place to me, I can get free web space and improve my English skill..


where abouts you from?
smokey4life
Well i use every feature FRIHOST offers us but after experiencing this place even if i only wanted a standard html page i think i would still stick around here for the great service friendly people and no matter how you cut it this place offers way more control and whatnot over your account then most of any free accounts even if they only offer basic accounts. This place wont stop growing and i have good faith will never die out either.
seanooi
to me frihost is a place where i can usually share my thought when i don't even share it with my girlfriend or friends. The hosting pakage is just like a little hobby to me. Laughing
Arnie
Even if you only use HTML:
- you may want to use CGI/PHP in the future
- you are happy there are no ads (which is quite rare)
- you are happy with 250MB (quite rare without ads)
- you are happy with the *.frih.net domain and email
leat397
Well.. frihost is just flexible for users...whatever they use php or HTML would also be fine. I can't see anything wrong for those HMTL users.
More, if someone who just expertised in HTML but not PHP (or etc.), there is also no reason for them to use PHP which they might not be able to managed..what I want to say is, you could see some benefits from using frihost is good....then just let them to explore or learn by themselve is enough Wink
SNES350
I don't have a useful website, but really I like the hosting to just try what is available. I'll be making a portal/forum for a Counter-Strike clan hosted on my friend's xbox (running linux), so I can experiment here and use what I like there. And I find many of the forum topics interesting so the forums are entertaining.
andy26
selim06 wrote:
It seems you don't know Frihost's wawe!This is Frihost and nearly all of users don't post for hosting.Frihost is also a great forum and the posts very respectfull so they use Frihost.And they can change their ideas and want to use PHP so the best way Frihost!


i totaly agree with you dude
GProject
I personally think that some people are happy to post for hosting because it's nice to be part of a large active community. I know I don't mind when the forums are good. I'm just getting started here, but I moved over because I heard that it was a reliable hosting service, and a good forum community.
xkobram
frihost is not just about PHP or mysql and so on, frihost is 250 MB and good FTP service for ex.
Related topics
why no hosting under .com
what happen to request hosting?...
why 5 posts?
Why am I not allowed to read How to request a web hosting th
Beauty contest
Is one allowed to intall forums on a hosting account?
Who wants to see a Paid Host
why ad's?
I didn't receive any hosting details...
Hosting Question :
Why I am here
Why not have a FriHost domain hosting/registration sevice?
the Points problem
Different server locations.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.