FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gas Powered R/C Trucks & Cars

Xtbonex
Hey so im sure some of you out there have Gas Powered R/C Trucks & Cars and i would like to know what setups you have and what kinds of trucks and cars you like to run. Me personally like to run Traxxas brand cars and trucks. Right now i have a Traxxas T-Maxx and a Revo. They are monster trucks and they run great. In both of thoes trucks i currently have a 2.5 racing engine in them with super chargers and direct nos imports. They also have a high intake air filter with also a nos direct input. They both top out at about 85 which is fast for a monster truck.
Please post on here because i would like to here what your running under the plastic cover Laughing
Mr Smith
Nos? Thats new on a Nitro car. The power of the Nitro fuel is crazy enough, yet along NOS, your a brave man.

I used to own a Two Channel Kyosho 1.5 Nissan Skyline, 4WD. She was a beast until I played around with the tuning to try and make it eidle easier (less fuel usage). I regret selling it. I have never liked the monster trucks, as they have always been to big for my likeliness.

I would like to buy a truck with reverse that is nitro powered. You know a big fuel tanker sort of thing, that would be just so awesome I would wet myself starting it.
munkey_boy
I was building a nitro monster truck but became too costly Sad . Soon I hope to buy one.
CyanEyed
u guys are so lucky to have gas powered r/c cars. ive got a wicked r/c race car but it takes 24hours to fully charge FOR 30MINUTES OF DECENT PLAY -after that it becomes sluggish
Mr Smith
Never heard of one that takes that long to charge...

I usually just set my battery onto a timer, with a charger plugged into that. Or just charge it overnight, thats even better. If you notice that your battery craps out very quickly, or has very low performance rates, I suggest buying a new motor for it, or a completely new battery and charger set... When doing this, you should consult a professional - not ebay or online auctions.
josheppaul
Xtbonex wrote:
Hey so im sure some of you out there have Gas Powered R/C Trucks & Cars and i would like to know what setups you have and what kinds of trucks and cars you like to run. Me personally like to run Traxxas brand cars and trucks. Right now i have a Traxxas T-Maxx and a Revo. They are monster trucks and they run great. In both of thoes trucks i currently have a 2.5 racing engine in them with super chargers and direct nos imports. They also have a high intake air filter with also a nos direct input. They both top out at about 85 which is fast for a monster truck.
Please post on here because i would like to here what your running under the plastic cover Laughing

I can not understand a thing you said, RC means remote control, so how can any car or other toy run from gas? I want to that is, so wold you tell me? If that is remote control toy then it will not run with gas I think so. That is why I want to know that.
ocalhoun
josheppaul wrote:
Xtbonex wrote:

I can not understand a thing you said, RC means remote control, so how can any car or other toy run from gas? I want to that is, so wold you tell me? If that is remote control toy then it will not run with gas I think so. That is why I want to know that.

A small battery powers the R/C reciever and electric-powered controls.
A (very) small gas engine provides the actual motive power, making the toy move.

More commonly seen in R/C planes, but also done in high-end R/C cars.