FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?

Hogwarts
Mine is probably Eurotrip... Although the rating is probably higher then half of the people here Wink

The robot battle... The nightclub... So funny.

Secondly comes ratrace. That's just unforgettable Very Happy
ninjakannon
It's not exactly a movie, but I'll say it anyway: The Demented Cartoon Movie! It's so funny Very Happy
mayur
awesome movie!

right from the pool scene-the siblings kiss.

but the vatican farce was the best!
rip8fan1
So many to choose from:

1. Vacation (the first one - travelling across the country in the family truckster, and picking up Aunt Edna)

2. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (Jim Carrey was excellent)

3. Caddyshack (Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray - many parts of this movie are still quoted today!)

4. Airplane (the first one - just too many jokes to mention!)

5. Stripes (Another Bill Murray, but kind of drags in the middle)

6. The Jerk (Steve Martin, in a brilliant movie - is it really nearly 30 years old?)

7. Space Balls (a rip-off of Star Wars, but so funny.)

So many others, but I'll stop now, or I may make this into a list of 50.
Roald
Monthy Python's Holy Grail, the best movie ever made.
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:

Monthy Python in general is very funny. I forgot about that Wink
Roald
ninjakannon wrote:
Roald wrote:

Monthy Python in general is very funny. I forgot about that Wink
Yes, every Monthy Python movie has made is funny, but the funniest is The Holy Grail.
rightclickscott
Yeah, Monty Python is pretty awsome, but for some reason, I couldn't stop laughing at Being John Malcovich, even with all the drama, I just couldn't stop laughing. It's strange...
selim06
May be ICE AGE 1-2 they were really funny.I couldn't stop laughing and the other ones in cinema couldn't...It was really funny.
Roald
ninjakannon wrote:
It's not exactly a movie, but I'll say it anyway: The Demented Cartoon Movie! It's so funny Very Happy
I don't think it's funny, I think this movie is made by someone very cruel or bored Shocked
CyanEyed
she's the man (2006) is absolutely hilarious
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
I don't think it's funny, I think this movie is made by someone very cruel or bored Shocked

Surprised Oh, I love it... I think that the randomness and total pointlessness of it all is just great. Although the guy that made it must be a bit crazy (or just very bored) and after a while it does go on a bit.

My friends love it too, and nothing's gonna stop me loving it. Even if it's a bit imature Rolling Eyes

selim06 wrote:
May be ICE AGE 1-2 they were really funny.I couldn't stop laughing and the other ones in cinema couldn't...It was really funny.

Yeah, Ice Age is quite good too Very Happy
CyanEyed
i havent seen it but Chicken Little was supposedly really funny
ninjakannon
CyanEyed wrote:
i havent seen it but Chicken Little was supposedly really funny

I think that's aimed at a younger audience (and their parents, slightly (or they'd get bored watching it Razz)) more than teenagers. And, being a teenager, I think it looks a bit too young for me.
Thatguy
Who could forget Dumb and Dumber?

Harry: I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
Lloyd: Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

Harry: Yeah, well, I don't know. These places just don't do it for me.
Lloyd: What's the matter, Har? Some little filly break your heart?
Harry: No, it was a girl.

Harry: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Lloyd: I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of ****, man.
BabsUlvaWho?
There's only two words needed here:

MONTY PYTHON!
Roald
BabsUlvaWho? wrote:
There's only two words needed here:

MONTY PYTHON!
You're absolutely right: they're just the funniest movie ever made.
HDirtwater
Any Monty Python movie
Airplane!
The Jerk
And one of my favorites of all time (although you either love it or hate it) Best in Show

All great stuff.
Traveller
It's a tough choice.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World was MUCH funnier than the Rat Race remake.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a perennial favourite.

Eating Raoul is a much-overlooked, low-budget film that deserves to be seen (by mature viewers).

Analyze this was hilarious, but it's sequel (Analyze that) was extremely...mediocre.

Dr. Strangelove is absolutely superb.

One that the younger users here probably have not seen, but is one of the funniest movies is His Girl Friday with Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant. It will have you rolling on the floor laughing, and will leave your head spinning with its breakneck pace!
mistuh griddlez
ninjakannon wrote:

I LOVE The Demented Cartoon Movie!!! OMG!!! Also I Personally Like Scary Movies But I Like Monty Python And The Holy Grail Too. But A Blend Between Comedy And Horror (Well, Not The Only One But Hey, Its My Favorite Horror Comedy) Is SHAUN OF THE DEAD!!! OMG That Is Like My Favorite Movie!!!
snowboardalliance
Yeah I agree with Monty Python and The Holy Grail, Dumb and Dumber and Airplane. And some of those old spoof movies with Leslie Nielsen have a lot of Airplane-like humor (I can only think of Wrongfully Accused).
anzzek
1 dumb and dumber
2 ace ventura
3 austin powers
4 scary movie 3 (pamelas scene is hilar........sss)
5 american pie

well guys im gonna check ur movies kkk
ill tell u how they r 4 me
Alistair
Some good stuff listed here.

One of the funniest movies of recent times would have to be i-Robot.
I know it's not meant to be funny, but Wil Smith's one liners cracked me up. Great light hearted moments in the midst of wanton violence. What more could you want?

But seriously, or not as the case actually is, you can't go past Spaceballs.
It was a spoof of all the early sci-fi movies like Star Wars and Alien. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. It is a little old now, but still very very funny.
redhawk1044
One of the funniest movies that I have ever seen would have to be the Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The British Sense of humor is great. They don't really go for the huge punchline its more subtle. Its a thinking mans humor. Its one of those that you have to pay attention to or your going to miss the funny things that they say.
mackdunnie
rip8fan1 wrote:
So many to choose from:

1. Vacation (the first one - travelling across the country in the family truckster, and picking up Aunt Edna)

2. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (Jim Carrey was excellent)

3. Caddyshack (Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray - many parts of this movie are still quoted today!)

4. Airplane (the first one - just too many jokes to mention!)

5. Stripes (Another Bill Murray, but kind of drags in the middle)

6. The Jerk (Steve Martin, in a brilliant movie - is it really nearly 30 years old?)

7. Space Balls (a rip-off of Star Wars, but so funny.)

So many others, but I'll stop now, or I may make this into a list of 50.

Wow, maybe my long lost brother. All these except Jerk would be on my list. ALso add Slap-shot.
GProject
So many funny movies - just a few of my favourites:

Clerks - Kevin Smith's first movie is pure genius, although maybe a bit of a select taste

Grosse Pointe Blank - Brilliant John Cusack movie, I could watch it every day.

Comedian - The best documentary ever, and a real insight into Stand-up comedy.

The 40 year old Virgin - funniest movie I've seen recently, full of great lines. Steve Carrell is a god.

Rushmore - my favourite Wes Anderson movie, and great stuff from Jason Schwartzman.

I Heart Huckabees - yeah, it's strange, but I found it really funny. I'll definately see it again.
CrimsonStrange
DC Cab - this is one of those movies that has a very serious story, but the human element within that story is absolutely hilarious

Weird Science - the "tough bar" scene cracks me up to no end

Tootsie - when I was doing drag years ago, there were a few situations that Dustin Hoffman faces in this movie which I could truly relate to
Mr. McCoy
All of the Monty Phyton movies, like "The meaning of life", "Life of Brian", "The quest of the holy grael" and so on.

And then we have Pulp Fiction god, what a funny movie Very Happy
eliasr
polle fision and lonytoons the movie
inman
Recently I watched Wallace and Grommit - The Curse of Were Rabbit and I was laughing like hell. An absolute laugh riot.
teenstop
Man, there are a ton! Of course American Pie 1&2 and American Wedding. Another really funny one is EuroTrip. It has some hilarious moments in it, though I wouldn't advise it for the child under, let's say, 18 Laughing .

Austin Powers Goldmember is the funniest out of them all, the rest are mainly retarted and International Man of Mystery is downright retarted.

A new one would be Nacho Libre with Jack Black. It wasn't as good as the advertising made it look, but it gives you a good night of laughing. A close runner with that would be The Benchwarmers. That movie is the funniest of them all. If you haven't seen it yet, you suck.
HoboPelican
teenstop wrote:

Austin Powers Goldmember is the funniest out of them all, the rest are mainly retarted and International Man of Mystery is downright retarted.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
FYI, Teener, it's spelled retarded, with a "d". Wink
paulbarter
[quote="ninjakannonI think that's aimed at a younger audience (and their parents, slightly (or they'd get bored watching it Razz)) more than teenagers. And, being a teenager, I think it looks a bit too young for me.[/quote]

I dont understand why people can talk about how great movies like Ice Age and Finding Nemo are, but when it comes to Chicken Little, then it is called childish? There is nothing adult or mature or even interesting about Ice Age - the fun is in the mindless "pie in the face action/comedy", which is fine, but is deffinately more kiddy than the rest.

Chicken little had a whole host of subtle jokes that children would never have got. Just because the setting was childrens story characters, doesnt mean that there are no mature themes in the movie. Look past the characters! Wink
ninjakannon
Of course Chicken Little had a "host of subtle jokes that children would never have got". As I said, parents will have to take their kids to see it in the cinema, and the producers wouldn't want the film to be boring for them. But it is, initialy aimed at the younger audience.

If who ever made Chicken Little was trying to hit the teenage audience, then they have failed. You know why? Because the name "Chicken Little", seems baby-ish and so it wasn't advertised as well as Finding Nemo or Ice Age because people saw this and were slightly 'afraid' to advertise it. Thus it didn't get enough publicity and lost the teenage audience. I'm a teenager, and I only saw adverts for it in the cinema itself, which isn't much good for the people who don't go there too often.

Personaly I think that it could have profited much more if the advertising had been better.

You are rigth about the 'pi in the face comedy', and Finding Nemo and Ice Age both used this, as well as containing the subtle jokes that children wouldn't get.
triggerhappy
the funniest movie i saw was the master of deskys it is funny i think it is the funniest ever if you have never seen it you should:D
filet
hmmm tons of them so far the funniest i've seen kiss its a japanese drama ...
Tatsumaru
I see Monthy Pyton and the Holy Grail has been mentioned: I pick that one too. It's just so stupidly funny, and John Cleese is excellent.
ninjakannon
filet wrote:
hmmm tons of them so far the funniest i've seen kiss its a japanese drama ...

Erm... not a movie then? Shocked
This is about the funniest movie Razz
sbel
THE FUNNIEST MOVIE IVE WATCHED SO FAR WOULD BE

WEDDING CRASHERS

then comes the 4 american pie movies... yes including the 4th ... about stifler's younger bro Wink

anyone to agree with me?
HoboPelican
sbel wrote:
THE FUNNIEST MOVIE IVE WATCHED SO FAR WOULD BE

WEDDING CRASHERS

then comes the 4 american pie movies... yes including the 4th ... about stifler's younger bro Wink

anyone to agree with me?

NO! Good lord, lots of funny stuff, but if those are the 4 funniest movies you ever saw, you need go to blockbuster and rent some of the above movies Laughing
sbel
HoboPelican wrote:

NO! Good lord, lots of funny stuff, but if those are the 4 funniest movies you ever saw, you need go to blockbuster and rent some of the above movies Laughing

Well i've watched alot of comedies, but i really dig the R-rated ones coz that's funnier for me. Could you name me a few movies which you recommend? I'd like to check them out. thanx Wink
HoboPelican
sbel wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:

Well i've watched alot of comedies, but i really dig the R-rated ones coz that's funnier for me. Could you name me a few movies which you recommend? I'd like to check them out. thanx Wink

Well, with the caveat you mention, r-rated, let me see....I'd suggest road trip, the Austin Powers flicks, Dude, where's my car" (not R, but you'd like it).

I'll bet you saw all those, surely one of those would be better than the Band Camp shown on TV Wink

@ Traveller I noticed your post about Rat Race Vs MMMMW. Awwww, I love Rat Race. MMMMW was great, no denying, but I think RR stands up pretty well to it. So many great scenes! And and hour shorter to boot! Wink
jmudreamscape
There are too many...depends on my sense of humor at the time, though. Shaun of the Dead, High Fidelity, and Airplane are definitely on the list.
canadol
Thatguy wrote:
Who could forget Dumb and Dumber?

The funniest ever! Along with Meet The Parents, Old School and The Police Academy series
FroggieWoman
I am surprised no one else has mentioned this, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. To me that is the funniest movie. I could watch turn around and watch it agian and still be rolling around the floor laughing my butt off. It is histerical. The jounery those two take for White Castle food. Priceless.
sbel
HoboPelican wrote:
sbel wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:

Well, with the caveat you mention, r-rated, let me see....I'd suggest road trip, the Austin Powers flicks, Dude, where's my car" (not R, but you'd like it).

I'll bet you saw all those, surely one of those would be better than the Band Camp shown on TV Wink

thanx, i will definitely check these out. I've seen the austin powers flicks.

Quote:
@ Traveller I noticed your post about Rat Race Vs MMMMW. Awwww, I love Rat Race. MMMMW was great, no denying, but I think RR stands up pretty well to it. So many great scenes! And and hour shorter to boot! Wink

what's MMMMW and RR?
HoboPelican
sbel wrote:

Quote:

what's MMMMW and RR?

Sorry, we had been talking about 2 flicks, "Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World" and "Rat Race". Both are comedies with big, well known casts about a race for a treasure. Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World (MMMMW) was released in 1963 and Rat Race (RR) was released in 2001. Both were very funny flicks, IMHO.
Feodaron
The funniest ever! is Harold & Kumar Go The White Castle ! !! This is THE BEST
sbel
Feodaron wrote:

is this an english movie? who are acting?
HoboPelican
sbel wrote:
Feodaron wrote:

is this an english movie? who are acting?

Harold and Kumar at IMDB link

Stars John Cho and Kal Penn.

The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) is a fantastic site that anyone interested in movie (or TV shows) should have permanetly linked. Check it out if you haven't been there yet.
tkGER
I think the "Naked Gun"s were the best films I've seen so far Dancing THen I would say Young Frankenstein and the one about Robin Hood (both from Mel Brooks).
I've just seen a relatively new film from Nielsen called Spy Hard, which was good, but was very much like Naked Gun and Airplane together. if you haven't seen these perhaps it would make a really good film, but the fact that most are repeated jokes lowers the level a bit. Boo hoo!
kikass
1. gods must be crazy.... this is a very very old movie.. about a tribal kinda guy from africa tryin to get rid of a beer bottle thrown out of a plane... the best comedy ever!

and also hot shots 1 and 2
loco5niner
I'd have to say Emperors new groove. Almost every single line is funny, and there's lots of stuff to laugh at in the background. every time I see it, i find something new thats funny.
Mr. McCoy
All American Pie movies ofcourse Razz
Im laughing my bud out everytime im seeing them...HAHAHA
AaronJizzles
the best one i can really actually remember is Clerks 2.... i thought it was great.... i was cracking up the whole time... lol.... there were some great parts and i love Jay and Randall they're my favorite characters.

-AJ
shashwatblack
harold and kumar, both parts, escape from guantanamo bay, and white castle.
subhan1
Dumb and Dumber xD and me,myself and irene xD
aizelcaroline
Borat is the funniest movie that I have ever seen.
mgeek
The most comic movie I' ve seen is probably The Pink Panther , the original.
pravojednostavno
dumb and dumber
auldaviemore
gotta be "Life of Brian", "Dirt Rotten Scoundrels", "Long Arm Of The Law", ANY "old" Carry-On film with Sid James and Kenneth Williams

But for sheer silliness, it has to be

can you guess?

Yes, it's...... "Some Like It Hot" with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe

"Well, nobody's perfect..."
Nyasro
what about American Pie? Scary Movies?
steeve
No entry is my favorite funny movie...
dude_xyx
I can swear I posted my favorite comedy movie list here but I can't find the post. Sad There are so many comedies but my best I can remember are,

01. God must be crazy 1 & 2
02. Home Alone 1 & 2 & 3
03. Ice Age
04. Big Momma
05. White Chicks
06. Nothing to Lose
07. Big Stan
08. The Hangover
09. The Pink Panther
10. Harold & Kumar movies
Adalew
Lost on Journey is the funnest movie which I have watched.
cybersa
My List:

1.Despicable Me 1 and 2
2.Monsters, Inc 1 and 2.
3.The Croods.
4.God must be crazy.
5.Hangover.