FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

go to ipower.com

borrito
cheap domain its only 2.95$ a year
i have one and its working perfect
ninjakannon
borrito wrote:
cheap domain its only 2.95$ a year
i have one and its working perfect

That's a good price!

But for my needs, Frihost will do Smile
awesty
could you give us a liink?
Scorpio
awesty wrote:
could you give us a liink?

www.ipower.com
awesty
thanks, i didnt realise it was in the title Embarassed
billybob
I'm having a problem setting the name servers for these, I would usually post a question like this in one of the help or problem pages but the problem is related to the specific site.... my nameservers are:
"Nameservers: ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net" and I have entered them as shown in the screen shot below but it doesn’t seem to be changing them I have waited over 24 hours and in my experience it never seems to take that long I'm guessing I'm totally missing something stupidly obvious but just need someone to point it out.
Thanks
Ryan

screenshot: http://ryan.ashst.com/nameservers.jpg
Scorpio
Is it possible to give the name of the domain you are using to point toward frihost?

And, just for a doubt, are you hosting your site with frihost this time?
billybob
scorpio wrote:
Is it possible to give the name of the domain you are using to point toward frihost?

And, just for a doubt, are you hosting your site with frihost this time?

sure its www.wunkunk.com and yes I am hosting this site at frihost Confused
Scorpio
checking at dnsreport i get that your site is currently pointed towards

Quote:
Your NS records at the parent servers are:

ns1.ipowerdns.com. [66.235.217.202] [TTL=172800] [US]
ns1.ipowerweb.net. [64.70.61.130] [TTL=172800] [US]

Is the change to ns1.frihost.net not even taking effect??
Then the problem may be with the registrar

If so try contacting ipower support or read the help files at ipower in order to determine if the nameserver pointing should be done in another way
billybob
scorpio wrote:
checking at dnsreport i get that your site is currently pointed towards

Quote:
Your NS records at the parent servers are:

ns1.ipowerdns.com. [66.235.217.202] [TTL=172800] [US]
ns1.ipowerweb.net. [64.70.61.130] [TTL=172800] [US]

Is the change to ns1.frihost.net not even taking effect??
Then the problem may be with the registrar

If so try contacting ipower support or read the help files at ipower in order to determine if the nameserver pointing should be done in another way

Yeah i noticed that when i did a whois search... I will have alook through the help pages
thanks

*Edit - It is now working, the problem was that there were two different ways to edit the dns (which I found out after reading threw the email) and threw the 2nd one that i didn’t see at first there was an option to lock the domain so that the dns among other thinks could not be changed (which was engaged) But everything is sorted now So www.wunkunk.com is now online:D
Just thought I would let you all know
Thanks for the help
Ryan
Hobbit
Er, I'm having troubles too, except I'm on dreamhost. It doesn't let me enter 3 ns domains, I have to enter 4 or it won't work, but since ns4 doesn't exist then it's messing up.

By the way I typed ipower ns on google and this came out Very Happy.
Hobbit
This company sucks, literally.

I don't want to bash them, but I emailed them a week ago and they still haven't replied. Not about the problem above, but about something else that's more severe. I also bought another domain and they gave me the wrong log in information, so what am I supposed to do? They are wasting precious days from my 365 day registration. I tried the live chat and they took forever to respond, the java script in the chat eventually made my browser crash. I have also tried calling them 3 times on different occassions, and they simply hang up when I'm on hold.

Seems like I'm complaining, but it's more of a warning than anything else. You get what you pay for.

Like my parents say in Spanish, "Compra barato, compra cada rato", which means, "buy cheap, buy more often."