FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hurting yourself on accident

rasinman2000
Do you have a funny story about how you got hurt if so let it known.
Here is my two stunts, one time I was pruning with pruning sheeres and the branch that I was attempting to cut was about 2' above my height and about 1 1/2 inch diamiter. it was had to cut so I gave it all I had and when the branch finaly cut and the pruning sheers colapased my right hand which had a firmly attached grip on the sheers handel clocked me on my right chin resulting in a one puch knock out. ( I kickied my own @ ) second stupid thing just last sat I was sitting at my desk when I had to sneeeze, I covered my face and had a hard sneez which resulted in my head going down hard hitting the edge of the desk giving my self a concusion. if i had a cam corder id put it on F.H.V. well thats my dumb stunts hope you enjoyed reading. "Rember a sneeze can produce 150 mph wind. so be carefull where you sneeze"
HoboPelican
rasinman2000 wrote:
Here is my two stunts, one time I was pruning with pruning sheeres and the branch that I was attempting to cut was about 2' above my height and about 1 1/2 inch diamiter. it was had to cut so I gave it all I had and when the branch finaly cut and the pruning sheers colapased my right hand which had a firmly attached grip on the sheers handel clocked me on my right chin resulting in a one puch knock out. ( I kickied my own @ ) second stupid thing just last sat I was sitting at my desk when I had to sneeeze, I covered my face and had a hard sneez which resulted in my head going down hard hitting the edge of the desk giving my self a concusion. if i had a cam corder id put it on F.H.V. well thats my dumb stunts hope you enjoyed reading. "Rember a sneeze can produce 150 mph wind. so be carefull where you sneeze"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
you dumbs**t! That is really stupid....

But, don't feel bad, you aren't alone!
Just 2 hours ago, I got back with 2 brand new struts for my Jeep XJs rear liftgate. Got in the garage, looked at the simple instructions and got to it.
Opened the liftgate, pried off the retaining ring and popped off the ball joint.....And here is were REAL mechanics know what happened next.

Yep, the liftgate imediately fell and cracked my ignorant freakin' skull.
Embarassed
Luckily the interior plastic offered some protection, but I blacked out for a split second. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now that is not the worst I've done to myself, but it's the most recent.Wink

<Edited>
Hey, this embarassing moment just made me a Senior FriHoster! Whee!
jazrt
The first time that I met my brother's new girlfriend, which is now his wife .I was also introduced to her breast.
The family Christmas gathering, there were some long bench seats where the legs was laid out quite a distance. At the end of the evening of a cleaning up at come around the end of the bench seat carrying some items to be cleaned up.
As I did so my foot caught on the bench seats leg and I was not able to bring my other foot around quick enough. My head was heading towards the corner of the benchtop. The corner of which was in direct alignment to the centre of my face. of which I would have been in dire medical emergency.
The only thing that saved me from that bench corner, was my brothers new girlfriend's breast which my face squarely planted into.
She was bruised for a couple of days and the wind had been knocked out of her. Thank God for her breast.
alkady
I've never hurt myself on purpose, But a friend of mines a few weeks ago got himself in a car accident where he got struck by a mini-van. Right now he's still in crutches but the really funny part I wanted to point out was the finals exams where in a week. On MSN I recommended him to get a doctors note to skip the exams and boy did he go for it. Lucky guy didnt even do the exams and he's passing the year because the school policy is if you have a valid medical reason, You get to miss the exam and get a exam mark of the general average of your four terms.
myrevolt
jazrt LMAO Laughing

I can't really remember any major physical accidents. Though a few weeks ago I had to go into a building, which I was nervous of, and I tripped midway on the stairs. Nothing big, but then when I got inside I was laughing to myself and go weird stares (laughing because I don't ever trip unless I am showing off Rolling Eyes )

And hobopelican, glad you didn't get a concussion and you are alright.

Raisinman2000, that sucks. But you need to pay attention when you are chopping something down... the sneeze, that was unfortunate; my desk has sharp edges, if I was you, I'd invest in those gel pads or something around the desk...
asim
jazrt wrote:
The first time that I met my brother's new girlfriend, which is now his wife .I was also introduced to her breast.
The family Christmas gathering, there were some long bench seats where the legs was laid out quite a distance. At the end of the evening of a cleaning up at come around the end of the bench seat carrying some items to be cleaned up.
As I did so my foot caught on the bench seats leg and I was not able to bring my other foot around quick enough. My head was heading towards the corner of the benchtop. The corner of which was in direct alignment to the centre of my face. of which I would have been in dire medical emergency.
The only thing that saved me from that bench corner, was my brothers new girlfriend's breast which my face squarely planted into.
She was bruised for a couple of days and the wind had been knocked out of her. Thank God for her breast.

Very Happy hey what a miracle, you were in trouble, and landed safely that too on a good place... a oy can dream of.... Smile just kidding...

well never happend with me... waiting for something like you to happen...
BPrice
One of the stupid things I have done before I did when I was working in a car workshop.

working on a car on a four post ramp I was rushing around to get a job done when I missjujded my disstence when going under the ramp and gave myself one hell of a smack on the head which did knoc me to the floor and gave me a big headache for the rest off the day..
nivre
i have a funny experience about accidents, the story goes like this...

saturday morning, i cleaned my room. i put my bed in a upside manner along the wall. its so happen that someone message me in my computer, i take a look at it and have not notice the bed slides up and bump me at the back of my head. Unfortunately, the impact forces me to bump to my monitor head on. it gives me instantly to humps on the head, one infront and at the back. i promise not to clean my room with having the computer on again...its makes disaster when you are in your comptuer doing other things....
nilsmo
My neighbor broke his finger and then a few days ago broke his leg. Don't know how that happened...
Arnie
Well I once walked into a glass door because I didn't see it was there. But I was < 10 yo at the time.
Zombie
Haha, I get why you put "on accident" in that sentence. Anyway, since you added that, I only have one story to tell you. I was doing some jumps in my backyard on some 5 foot ramps with my dirtbike when I came down the ramp wrong, and you can pretty much guess the rest. No serious injuries though, so it;s all good. Cool
evilryu530
well one time at band camp...

and then another time at computer camp....

the last time i remember hurting myself was when i accidently cut off half my finger cutting an orange. turned away for a split second and blood was gushing all over the walls. it was nasty. had to wipe all the blood off.....
meet in rio
I sliced the palm of my hand with a lino cutter. That was fun.

Oh, and I broke my toe doing 'sliding Elvis' impressions down a grassy bank...
endless
i had a load of these accidents..

once i was jumping from one stone container to another etc, and i landed with my ankle (or however you spell it) on a corner, you could see bone Shocked

and i cracked my head when i fell of the swing (was 5yo)

cut a fingertip off when i was cutting the chicken ..(fingertipo = some flesh, not bone)

and with a sizor (or sumting) cut my hand open..

i have liek 5 more, but that's too mcuh typing
IceCreamTruck
I wish I had some cool story to tell, but alas I do not!

Just wanted to say that I thought this topic was really funny, and I am glad that you all have shared just how stupid life can be sometimes.

You all have made me laugh alot today.
amysanders
rasinman2000 wrote:

it would of been so awsome if you had caught this on video that would rock imagine all those views you would get on something like you tube
trekkie2008
I once dropped a fork on my foot. That hurt really bad. I did some stupid stuff, like put my sandwich down to go get a drink. Then coming back and finding out that the dog ate it!