FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ypops - Yahoo/POP mail interface

steveadams617
Anyone using ypops? It lets you use yahoo mail with a pop mail client. It runs a small mail server on 127.0.0.1 on your machine, goes to yahoo, parses your web mail and puts it into the mailbox.

I'm having mixed results so far. I've caused duplications a couple times. Been trying to read the FAQ and cut down on the things that could cause this problem.

I have to admit it's much nicer to see the mail and be able to see the attachments in line and navigate more quickly...

http://www.ypopsemail.com/
surdy
Nice peice of software, i used it 4 years back. It was good to get POP3 functionality for my free yahoo acccount. It gave me satisfactory results but was a bit slow then. Sad that i coudn't send mails using it.
Now i have gmail and it rulez.
steveadams617
You can send mail with it now...
steveadams617
I'm using Thunderbird with ypops for email these days. Every once in a while an error will pop up saying that the message couldn't be sent. Thunderbird moves the message to the sent folder anyway. You need to try sending it again.
Qube
I recently got ThunderBird.
Then I realized it didn't work w/ my Yahoo and Hotmail.
Soooo, I checked around.
I found WebMail.
Awesome plugin for TB.
Now I can get all 4 of my mail accts (excluding my FriHost, which I just use a forwarder instead of builtin storage) in 1 place.
I honestly wouldn't want my comp to be running a server in the bg everytime I want to check my mail.
But hey, maybe that's just me...
Stubru Freak
I somehow have POP3 support from Yahoo mail. Don't know how or why. But I installed nothing and it works.
webbone
How to set the yahoo pop server in yops?

I don't know what server will set~ Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed