FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What did Jesus do to cause global warming??

S3nd K3ys
"Serious" science article:

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/2006-06-22-global-warming_x.htm

They say earth is the warmest it's been in 2,000 years. (Ergo, 2,000 years ago it was just as warm as it is now for those that are bad at math).

What did Jesus do to cause global warming 2,000 years ago? Confused
nilsmo
Before we started industrialization, the Earth seemed to be cooling down. Just look at the Little Ice Age. I presume humans are just reversing the normal pattern, and once it's time for a warm period, the earth will be really warm (just a random theory from an uneducated person).
{name here}
Quote:
What did Jesus do to cause global warming 2,000 years ago?

He stopped piracy.
rightclickscott
People get to push their faith on me, so I get's it's time to do the same...

You see, the chosen people of the Flying Spagetti Monster were pirates, and ever since Pirates started to go extinct, the Flying Spagetti Monster got really angry, and once all the pirates were gone, he started Global Warming. Now, the only way to stop Global Warming is to get pirates back onto the sea by buying a bad*ss pirate ship. Please, help stop Global Warming, become a pirate today and donate to The Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster. All the proceeds go to building the bad*ss pirate ship so that we, the Pastafarians, can save the world from Global Warming.
HoboPelican
rightclickscott wrote:
Please, help stop Global Warming, become a pirate today and donate to The Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster. All the proceeds go to building the bad*ss pirate ship so that we, the Pastafarians, can save the world from Global Warming.

I'm starting to be convinced! Do I get a pirate name?
jazrt
Is very interesting.
I do not have any comment except to say again very interesting.
schudder
S3nd K3ys wrote:

They say earth is the warmest it's been in 2,000 years. (Ergo, 2,000 years ago it was just as warm as it is now for those that are bad at math).

What did Jesus do to cause global warming 2,000 years ago? Confused

I nearly fell off my chair laughing cause of your comment. The earth has natural cycles of hot and cold which last several thousand years (ice ages, you know) and occasionally there's a temporary shift in temperature (the 'little' ice age a few centuries ago). Roughly 2000 years ago was a peak in heat, the earth had been cooling down since then. However, the temperature decrease in the past century has been much much higher than in any previous century. It took 1500 years to cool down to the temperature in the "little" ice age, yet it took only 150 to get back on the "original" level. That's not natural. And it has nothing to do with that crazy populist called Jesus.
alkady
Jesus must be turning in his grave right now, I don't know why you blame it on him. But you certainly got balls.
Tumbleweed
If he existed he probably added some methane to the ecosystem.... Shocked
joxang
Temperatures were probably as warm as they are now during the medieval warm period, when greenland was first colonised.

And global warming is not the sole reason for climate change. It causes the earth to warm up, but temperatures have been fluctuating up and down since there have been such things as temperatures. The sun's ur major suspect in that case.

Just because the temperature on earth was high 2000 years ago, it doesn't mean it was global warming. A slight decrease in the size of the sun and an increase in it's warmth may well have caused it.
rightclickscott
HoboPelican wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
Please, help stop Global Warming, become a pirate today and donate to The Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster. All the proceeds go to building the bad*ss pirate ship so that we, the Pastafarians, can save the world from Global Warming.

I'm starting to be convinced! Do I get a pirate name?

Sure, matie. Go ahead and pick one, and become a pastafarian today!
Soulfire
You know what's sad, people probably buy products from that Flying Spaghetti Monster crap. It's an e-cult or something.
HoboPelican
Soulfire wrote:
You know what's sad, people probably buy products from that Flying Spaghetti Monster crap. It's an e-cult or something.

Yup, it's sad that people enjoy themselves with frivolous things they find humorous. Sad, sad, sad. Wink
eday2010
The Earth cools and heats up on its own. 97% of greenhouses gases comes fro mwater vapour. the other 3% is us. We just need more trees to eat the carbon dioxide. Thanks to logging, we have more trees now than 100 years ago. So let's all use more paper so that more trees are cut down, and thus even more trees are replanted to replace them.
Lennon
THE EARTH IS WARMING UP FOR HIS NEXT COMING

we do think he'll be back again, and since Jesus picked a warm climate, e.g middle east, he wanted it warm before he comes back again.

WOULDN'T YOU HAVE THE HEATING ON IN THE HOUSE BEFORE YOU RETURN HOME
goutha
People are causing the change by burning nature's vast stores of coal, oil and natural gas. This releases billions of tonnes of carbon dioxide every year, although the changes may actually have started with the dawn of agriculture.

If current trends continue, we will raise atmospheric CO2 concentrations to double pre-industrial levels during this century. That will probably be enough to raise global temperatures by around 2C to 5C. Some warming is certain, but the degree will be determined by feedbacks involving melting ice, the oceans, water vapour, clouds and changes to vegetation.
Lennon
DID YOU KNOW MUCH OF THE GLOBAL WARMING IS BECAUSE OF ANIMALS.

Yes, manure and natural fertiliser releases more methane than any other source in the planet. Methane is the most destructive greenhouse gas.

Maybe Jesus want's more animals and more heat around when he returns.
S3nd K3ys
goutha wrote:
People are causing the change by burning nature's vast stores of coal, oil and natural gas. This releases billions of tonnes of carbon dioxide every year, although the changes may actually have started with the dawn of agriculture.

Read the fine print. I don't ever recall hearing (from a reliable source) that Humans are the biggest cause for carbon dioxide, because they're not.

Not by a long shot. Go research how much Carbon Dioxide came from Mt. St. Helens the last time it errupted.

What the media is not making clear, which scientests are, is that humans are the biggest growing cause of Carbon Dioxide. In other words, of the actions that cause Carbon Dioxide, Humans are the newest, therefore, the amount they are producing is growing faster than any other cause. Not that it's the most being created.

Again, before you get all butt-hurt and say i don't care about the earth, keep in mind I run a very effecient house including solar electricity/heated water, a well, double-pain glass etc etc etc, with a diesel truck I am going to convert to run on veggie oil, and burn clean, re-usable pellets to warm my house.

I just don't think many people here are willing to accept that perhaps we're not the biggest cause of Global Warming and that, regardless of what we do, it will likely have little impact on if the Earth heats up/cools down again.

We are, as you know, only human, compared to Mother Nature. Wink
sujan
dont follow jesus
n his preach
sujan
he didnt cause global wqarming but it is due to hios followers
so thy
it should be stopped