FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New users screw up every thing

Panthrowzay
every notice alot of the current suggestions are by noobs, and then anwsered indirectly by older members, im not new and im not young but im just noting it. Its like you get use to the the Bondings way of doing things, i cant complain about the hosting, im never going back to what i use to have C-f-h crap compared to this. I truly love the site and that brings me to the point

why do new people try to change and question EVERY THING, even on my site I get more complaints about stupid system stuff, why is the chat box on the right, why is the PM system here. etc & blah blah blah. Sheer accptance into a system then asking for the rule book is a more feasable thing, but i guess the suggesting noobs are that 12% of humans that have that certain personality type. Extreverted thinkers i think it is.
Artelis
There's nothing wrong with an opinion, but I guess it does become a hassel every once in a while. The only complaints I get on my web site, though, are to update it more often Razz
selim06
In my opinion,new members don't do so bad things!They can ask everything if the title didn't explained in a sticky posts-announcements..When we first registered we bahaved like this.
BTW:Thanks,James I've just edited it.
James007
selim06 wrote:
We are still trying to solve this problems.And If you post a respectful message don't think about the replies or complains about your topic..Noobs retired so the other Frihost staff working if they don't warn about it continue what do you want to do!

Selim, I think he meant "noobs" as in "new users...", not n0obie4life.

I edited the topic title to make it clear.

New users have the right to ask questions, and if nobody asked those before, they are welcome.

James Smile
Code of Ruin
Your complaint has more to do with people asking annoying questions than with people who are new. It can be a bit bothersome if new people keep asking the same questions over and over again and the answers are right in front of them. But they might have not found them or they don't understand the answers. I reckon that when it is a sensible question, you should always answer.
The category of people that questions everything you do, like why is the site build with php. Why is it these colours? Those people ought to be slapped a few times. Meddling with everything you do, you're the webmaster. If they want a different site then they should go build one themselves.
mschnell
I find it a bit offensive that you are upset with new users. You were new here once. Without new users this place would inevitably die, and I don't think any of us want to see that happen.
Scorpio
mschnell wrote:
I find it a bit offensive that you are upset with new users. You were new here once. Without new users this place would inevitably die, and I don't think any of us want to see that happen.

I was expecting a masterpiece like this Rolling Eyes

He does not mean he Hates new users simply for fun, he says he hates them because all they do is ask silly questions WITHOUT READING THE RULES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
mathiaus
Panthrowzay never stated that he(/she) hates anyone. They merely tried to point out that noobs seems to be suggesting things they shouldn't be suggesting. This is because they are new and haven't been around long enough to understand how everything works and Frihost, Bondings and the mods operate.

Anyone may suggest something at Frihost whether their new or old. Its just more likely that the new users will suggest things that have previously been suggested or something out of the question.

I'm not denying that new users don't contribute and don't think of some rather good ideas as they usually do, just that the majority are bad (or not as good as they could be) Smile
rightclickscott
scorpio wrote:
He does not mean he Hates new users simply for fun...

Yeah, because I hate new users for fun.
SNES350
Code of Ruin wrote:
Your complaint has more to do with people asking annoying questions than with people who are new. It can be a bit bothersome if new people keep asking the same questions over and over again and the answers are right in front of them. But they might have not found them or they don't understand the answers. I reckon that when it is a sensible question, you should always answer.
The category of people that questions everything you do, like why is the site build with php. Why is it these colours? Those people ought to be slapped a few times. Meddling with everything you do, you're the webmaster. If they want a different site then they should go build one themselves.

I know someone who is like that; he will ask why something is doing what it is, I will answer, and he will not be able to put together the pieces and ask a very closely related question he should be able to deduce the answer himself. Rather than giving the answer again and again, they should be told to find the answers among those already posted. Else members will have to answer every question from every new person who can't/won't find the answers themselves.
godam64
you have to learn about differences in opinion and perception Wink
everybody have different thought.
accept it...
Zaini
New user need guidance and constant help from experience user. We are stgill learning new ropes and try to find our way around and sometime we do stumble on something that we are not suppose to
mschnell
scorpio wrote:
mschnell wrote:

I was expecting a masterpiece like this Rolling Eyes

He does not mean he Hates new users simply for fun, he says he hates them because all they do is ask silly questions WITHOUT READING THE RULES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

And I never said that he hates new users; I also didn't say anything about him not having reasons behind his feelings--people tend to have reasons to support their opinions. The post in general just seems rather condescending to me. That's not to say I'm right. I just feel it would be more appropriate to attack the issue rather than the person (or in this case, group of people).
S3nd K3ys
mschnell wrote:

The post in general just seems rather condescending to me. That's not to say I'm right. I just feel it would be more appropriate to attack the issue rather than the person (or in this case, group of people).

I stayed out of this, for obvious reasons. But I'll chime in now...

mschnell is spot on. This is an offensive post. End of story. I'm offended and I'm not a newb.

The author is clearly and blatently attacking ALL new members in EVERYTHING they do by claiming they 'screw everything up'.

What, exactally, have they 'screwed up'....???

What did they do that was so damn offensive to you or that 'screwed up' something of yours to prompt you to attack them like you did?

There's a million other ways to do this thread without attacking ANYONE, yet it seems to be ok for this individual to clearly break the rules by being offensive. To new members AND old ones.

Lets see how the moderators will handle this clearly offensive situation...
joxang
Questioning and suggesting things gives a new user the appearence of enthusiasm, and ups his post count for his free hosting application. I don't think they really want to change anything :p.
Vrythramax
I have no problem with noobs asking questions, or even making suggestions (on my sites that is), what I do find annoting is when they don't even try to find an answer before running for the Support dept., it's very easy to tell just by some questions/suggestions if the user has even attempted to RTFM or not. If a noob reads the manual/rules/instructions and still doesn't understand them....then I have absolutly no problem helping them out to the best of my ability....as long as they at least try for themselves first.
Panthrowzay
Well I see that point, but they suggest the same thing over and over, on my site they ask approximatly every 4 days for me to enable the image posting, or some other nosense, (large images deform my site, and i don't have a size limiter). People just don't seem to read the fine print, most noble cause that are understand able to the runofthemill person fall or tarnish do to n00bdom, by that I mean a n00b that doesnt try to flag of the title and look around at the rules. true it doesn't take that long to get savy to this site, but in general, it doesn take that long to be savy to anything of popularity.
Vrythramax
Panthrowzay wrote:
Well I see that point, but they suggest the same thing over and over, on my site they ask approximatly every 4 days for me to enable the image posting, or some other nosense, (large images deform my site, and i don't have a size limiter). People just don't seem to read the fine print, most noble cause that are understand able to the runofthemill person fall or tarnish do to n00bdom, by that I mean a n00b that doesnt try to flag of the title and look around at the rules. true it doesn't take that long to get savy to this site, but in general, it doesn take that long to be savy to anything of popularity.

I know what you mean, I get hit with the same basic questions/suggestions on a regular basis and if they [not only the noobs....but some seasoned users who should really know better as well] had actually read the FAQ's thier questions/suggestions would have clearly been answered.

It should be one of "Murphy's Laws"...."If you make something newbie proof (or resistant), somebody else will make a dumber newbie" Very Happy

*And NO....I am not calling all noobs dumb....they are just inexperienced*
Panthrowzay
There could be a quiz on the rules before sign-up verification is allowed but that is hard to impliment
Code of Ruin
Panthrowzay wrote:
There could be a quiz on the rules before sign-up verification is allowed but that is hard to impliment

And not to mention the fact that you will be scaring potential members away who are willing to learn but only need a push in the right direction.
Scorpio
Panthrowzay wrote:

As code said, that will certainly scare off the visitors

easy to implement, but not user friendly certainly

I wouldnt want that on my site certainly...