FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Non capitalised topic titles

Jack_Hammer
That topics should not be typed in full caps, this is getting rather annoying.
Thanks Bondings.

mathiaus: edited topic title
[EDIT]The capaitalised topic was deliberate to enphasise the annoyance of it all.[/EDIT]
Hogwarts
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Thanks Bondings.

Ok. I agree with you.

It's nice how you used capitals for the title of this... it really is. I mean, at least come up with an original title. not "SUGESTION!!!!!"...
Jack_Hammer
Hogwarts wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Thanks Bondings.

Ok. I agree with you.

It's nice how you used capitals for the title of this... it really is. I mean, at least come up with an original title. not "SUGESTION!!!!!"...

lol, I know but I don't have much of an imagination it seems, I was just annoyed by all the CAPs titled spam boards floating around... Rather gets on my nerves don't know about you.
Wink
Scorpio
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Hogwarts wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Thanks Bondings.

Ok. I agree with you.

lol, I know but I don't have much of an imagination it seems, I was just annoyed by all the CAPs titled spam boards floating around... Rather gets on my nerves don't know about you.
Wink

I agree with you wholeheartedly Mr Hammer

I did notice around 5 topics within the first 10 in the general forum to have this sort of a caps problem

I think this should be dealt with firmly and at once
Hogwarts
I think this guy is our main culprit here: Lamirande (I don't mean any offence when I say this... But not all topics need to be written in capital letters.)
Scorpio
Hogwarts wrote:
I think this guy is our main culprit here: Lamirande (I don't mean any offence when I say this... But not all topics need to be written in capital letters.)

I think you'd better mean offence when telling this

Because nobody in the right sense of mind would unknowingly post all the crap posts' topics in Caps
AftershockVibe
I'm fairly sure that if this was to be implemented that there are premade PHPBB mods which force topic titles to be not all uppercase when they are submitted.

Of course this might cause problems with things like "ASP" and "PHP?"
mathiaus
Changed topic title to a) something more appropiate and b) non capitalised Rolling Eyes

A rather good point (IMO). If I see any stupid topic titles I often change them though. This would be better as a rule than a modifcation/hack though. Smile
wumingsden
mathiaus wrote:
Changed topic title to a) something more appropiate and b) non capitalised Rolling Eyes

A rather good point (IMO). If I see any stupid topic titles I often change them though. This would be better as a rule than a modifcation/hack though. Smile

I think that a title which consists of all capital letters is rather annoying and so avoid them (unless its in the Support Forum).
I however disagree with you Matt about it being better as a rule. In my opinion it would take too much time to get people to follow it. We already have enough problems with the current rule-breaking and now we're going to add another rule which will mean we'll have more "Rule Breakers". And what if they don't stop, they get warned for not using Capital Letters appropiately/correctly? In my opinion if you all find it so much of a big problem then a hack should be added. There are a number of ones already round or it can be coded from scratch itself, either way its not gonna be hard.
If you don't like the threads that use all Capital letters then simply ignore them.
Becky
I find it really annoying when titles are in full caps locks, because its like theyre shouting...and it also puts me off of reading the thread.

Just thought i would say my opinion..not that people will care because i'm still a newbie Laughing
Bondings
I will shortly be announcing some stricter posting/spelling rules and I'll try to include this and other similar things. It is indeed quite annoying.
Blaster
Thank you bondings. I finaly know i am not the only one who finds THIS anoying for a toic title. It is just uncalled for. Bondings you should also make a rule saying that you can't skip lines everytime a sentence is ended. This gets annoying too. That there is just down right annoying.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
Thank you bondings. I finaly know i am not the only one who finds THIS anoying for a toic title. It is just uncalled for. Bondings you should also make a rule saying that you can't skip lines everytime a sentence is ended. This gets annoying too. That there is just down right annoying.

What also gets annoying is when there are no paragraphs. However, all of this adds up to a great number of rules and although you all are adding to it later on you'll probably regret it Wink
Blaster
How could i regret something like that.

If i am posting like this for 2396 posts then it gets annoying

Am i not right?

Every user here that i have talked to thinks this is annoying

So why not make a rule saying i can't do this?

You can maybe skip lines but not every sentence

A certain user does this after every sentence

And let me tell you it is cheating the points system too i think.

So why is it fair he gets more points for doing this.

I think this is spamming personaly.

Now sorry i had to do that but that just shows how annoying it really is. I can't stand it and a lot of others can't too. I mean you can skip lines like after you write a long thing. But not after every sentence.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:

Am i not right?

Now sorry i had to do that but that just shows how annoying it really is. I can't stand it and a lot of others can't too. I mean you can skip lines like after you write a long thing. But not after every sentence.

Least its easy to read Wink

My point is that the new rules that are being suggested in my opinion are basic and tedious. A user shouldn't be sent a warning because of how they like to set out their post nor because of a few spelling mistakes. It'll also make more work for the Staff which is why I think I modification will be easier.
Right now I have 2 hacks on my PC:

One of them warns the user using javascript that they are typing the subject in CAPS.

The other one converts the subject's format to whatever you choose in the ACP. You can choose from the following formats...

• FRIHOST IS THE BEST (all caps)
  • frihost is the best (no caps)
  • Frihost is the best (first letter cap)
  • Frihost Is The Best (first letter in each word cap)

Another option is to switch off this feature altogether. Adding this will decrease the work load all round and aviod PM's being sent because they've only used capital letters in their subject.
Scorpio
Blaster wrote:

Am i not right?

1. It is easy to read for those who know to read proper english
since some users apparently dont they feel it is incompreendible

2. I will post like how I am posting and FYI It doesnt earn me any more frih$ than the usual because frih$ are only given per character and not for a blank line(which apparently some users miserably to fail to realise)

3. If it is uncomfortable for you to read my post, then dont read it
I dont care if you are interested or not, cause you are the least of my worries

4. You have absolutely no rights to complain when all my posts are completely legible and in almost perfect english(Unlike a million others here)

5. And again, my posts are far far better than some people who dont even know basic english grammar(though English being their mother tongue, which is a shame)

6. My posts are not annoying or against frihost regulations(like people who post everything in caps or in bold)

7. So, I will continue to post like this and I hold your suggestion in scant regard.
So feel free to say what you want.
wumingsden
-locked-