FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Some Firefox tweaks I would like...





Da Rossa
Is it possible to...

1 - Force Wikipedia internal links to open in a new tab (I use Tab Mix Plus extension)? TMP can be set to open external links in a new tab, but when reading wikipedia, you naturally want to go to new articles, and it would be more comfortable to be in a new tab;

2 - I use the "Dictionary search" extension, and English is not my language. When reading, I usually and frequently double-click a unknown word, right-click, then click on the "search dictionary for (word)" in the context menu. As I use this feature 20 times per article, it would be nice if I had the option to double-click a word in an article and immediately go to the dictionary, opened in a new tab. I know this is possible in Firefox, yet it may require a particular extension or even writing a specific script. But Firefox experts say that it "is not difficult" to enchance things like this, where can I find a solution?

3 - Is it possible to create custom icons for bookmarks in the sidebar/bookmarks toolbar?

Thanks Very Happy
Nyizsa
1. Click the link with the middle mouse button.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't think so - those icons are stored on the servers.
Da Rossa
Nyizsa wrote:
1. Click the link with the middle mouse button.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't think so - those icons are stored on the servers.


My mouse does not have the middle button. Alternatives?
Nyizsa
Click the link with both buttons at the same time.
Da Rossa
Thanks.
But believe me, I'm lost in these options. I used to see many functions regarding the middleclick, but I always dismissed them. Where can I set the middleclick to open a internal link in a new tab?
snowboardalliance
Da Rossa wrote:
Thanks.
But believe me, I'm lost in these options. I used to see many functions regarding the middleclick, but I always dismissed them. Where can I set the middleclick to open a internal link in a new tab?


I think that middle click opens links in new tabs by default. Not sure, maybe it's in the settings but I think it should work by default
Nyizsa
Type about:config in the URL bar, hit Enter, then start typing middlemouse in the Filter field. You may tweak the settings there.
djclue917
Da Rossa wrote:
Is it possible to...

1 - Force Wikipedia internal links to open in a new tab (I use Tab Mix Plus extension)? TMP can be set to open external links in a new tab, but when reading wikipedia, you naturally want to go to new articles, and it would be more comfortable to be in a new tab;


In Firefox, and in other browsers like Konqueror and Opera 9 (I think), when you want to open a link in a new tab instead of the current tab, you simply press and hold the control button (Ctrl) and then click the link you want to open in a new tab...

I hope that helps...
Da Rossa
I'm newbie at this point Sad
Thanks.
Related topics
IBM backs Firefox in-house
*OFFICIAL* Which Browser do you use?
IE 7 to take a cue from Firefox
I have a problem....Mozilla Firefox
Spoofing in Mozilla ( FireFox) browser flaw
Okay, I'm done trying to use CSS for layout.
Speed up Firefox
Firefox takes forever to start
Firefox Tweaks
Firefox users only.Speed up firefox in 30 seconds
Firefox using RAM
Firefox Tweaks
FireFox Speed tweaks
New firefox 4...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.