FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Virgin Marry Sandwitch

TeenZine
[EDIT: Your img tags weren't working so The Philosopher Princess changed them to url tags.]

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:gWgv7OIT5F-ryM:http://auction-genius-course.com/blog/img/toast.jpg

Do you think it is a sign or is it just a scam. I am religious and find it amuzing yet intresting.. .. strangely itrested
Brick wall
The Philosopher Princess
TeenZine wrote:
Virgin Marry Sandwitch
TeenZine wrote:
Do you think it is a sign or is it just a scam. I am religious and find it amuzing yet intresting.. .. strangely itrested

Your post is a sign to us that you are a witch who is scamming us. Razz

Seriously, bread is a fundamental root of religion; in fact, the more bread the better! However, the religious can’t admit that they like bread. Therefore, bread -- in particular, virgin bread -- is one of the best ways for God to show his miraculous ways. That piece of bread is definitely a sign that you should marry someone with bread, or if you’re not able to do that, at least make a sandwich with it for good luck. Most importantly, you should not be scammed by any non-virgin bread.

(My answer meets the level of seriousness of the question.)
swapnalokam
how can you be so sure that it is virgin mary;s picture on bread.. remember there was no photographs at that time.. and even we all know how jesus looked is from the descriptions.. so there is a chance that it is just a women's face which is absolutely co incidence.. this is like somebody said..they found writings on a fish..
The Philosopher Princess
We know what the Virgin Mary looks like by her verified pictures as seen on potato chips, shadow manifestations, and other miraculous phenomena.

Also, while it is true that statues of the Virgin Mary have been created by Man, only the statues that look the most like the Virgin Mary, herself, will actually cry. In fact, the closer to the color of blood are the tears, the more evidence we have.

After all, would millions of the faithful who have personally seen these miracles lie?

Here is just one of many examples:
Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Carrying rosary beads and cameras, the faithful have been coming in a steady stream to a church on the outskirts of Sacramento for a glimpse of what some are calling a miracle: A statue of the Virgin Mary they say has begun crying a substance that looks like blood. [...]

A red trail could be seen from the side of the statue's left eye to about halfway down the robe of concrete.

"I think that it's incredible. It's a miracle. Why is she doing it? Is it something bothering her?" asked Maria Vasquez, 35, who drove with her parents and three children from Stockton, about 50 miles south of Sacramento.

Thousands of such incidents are reported around the world each year [...]

The Rev. James Murphy, deacon of the diocese's mother church, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament [...] "For people individually seeing things through the eyes of faith, something like this can be meaningful. [...]"

But seeing the statue in person left no doubt for Martin Operario, 60, who drove about 100 miles from Hayward. He took photos to show to family and friends.

"I don't know how to express what I'm feeling," Operario said. "Since religion is the mother of believing, then I believe."

Doesn’t that just say it all? “Since religion is the mother of believing”, you must believe. Don’t forget: The Virgin Mary Mother is the bread of life.

I just wish we had a way to get the Virgin Mary sandwich and the Virgin Mary potato chips together.

(I am continuing with the level of seriousness with which I started.)
Soulfire
Um, probably not. It could've been photoshopped who knows. Kinda bummed that people are poking fun at Mary, but it's their choices.
The Philosopher Princess
Where does it say in the Bible that people shouldn’t have fun when Mary shows up in potato chips and sandwiches?
Soulfire
The Philosopher Princess wrote:
Where does it say in the Bible that people shouldn’t have fun when Mary shows up in potato chips and sandwiches?

It doesn't, but it's probably not the wisest thing to do. It seems like we could put the effort somewhere else Shocked
Surreal Killa
1 word: Photoshop. Rolling Eyes
Bondings
Soulfire wrote:

It doesn't, but it's probably not the wisest thing to do. It seems like we could put the effort somewhere else Shocked

Isn't there a big difference between making fun of Mary and making fun when people use her image on potato chips and sandwiches?

I mean, isn't there written in the bible that you shouldn't use god and his image "lightly" (not sure about the correct wording). I suppose it should be the same for Mary. So in this case the image is used inappropriately according to me (and a lot of other people) and - I think - also according to the bible. Now what's wrong about making people aware of that sin by humour? Shouldn't that be encouraged instead?
IvyA
not to burst anybodies bubble....
but the face is the most easily recognized "shape" to the human mind
from the time we are babies all we need are two dots and a line to represent eyes and a mouth. Consequently, humans see faces everywhere, even in toast. It is most likely a coincidence that triggers a subconscious emotional response from the viewer. At any rate who's to say that the image is specific to the virgin mary...could be anybody. Its just that the viewer recognises the face and then interperates it the way he sees fit.
The Philosopher Princess
IvyA wrote:
not to burst anybodies bubble....

Crying or Very sad I liked my bubbles. Crying or Very sad

IvyA wrote:
Consequently, humans see faces everywhere, even in toast.

True. Just this morning I saw Elvis in my toast. (Now, don’t burst my new bubble! Smile)

IvyA wrote:
It is most likely a coincidence that triggers a subconscious emotional response from the viewer.

I think you’re right. That bread might actually be just partially burnt. It’s like a monkey and a typewriter and every once in awhile that monkey’s going to type the Bible. In this case, with all the burning bread going on in the world, every once in awhile, a perfect picture of the Virgin Mary is going to be burnt into the toast. I think we should all toast to that.
bluedragon
I saw an episode about all this on Penn & Teller: Bulls hit!

They TEAR IT APART!! No respect! It's hilarious.

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/prevepisodes.do?episodeid=s3/signs
The Philosopher Princess
Good one! Very Happy I quoted the intro below.

I have lots of respect for people who show no respect for people who show lots of respect for things that deserve no respect.

Penn & Teller wrote:
Season 3: Signs From Heaven

The Virgin Mary…or a grilled cheese sandwich? Just a recent example of the public's willingness to believe ordinary statues, icons, relics pictures, stains on tortillas, and burn marks on a piece of greasy white bread are signs from Heaven. ********!

We'll examine the way preachers, faith healers, psychic researchers, and everyday folk continue to prey on those who pray. And we'll talk to scientists, historians, philosophers, and literary figures that will explain why humans are wired to attribute meaning to random patterns and events. We'll also show you how easy it is to find people who will find God wherever they look...even if it's in a photograph of ...headcheese.

I think we’ve made some headway on this issue with the headcheese addition.
simp
That's not any Mary, virgin or otherwise. That's my ex-wife Gretta, so it is obviously a WITCH, not a SAINT!
The Philosopher Princess
simp wrote:
That's not any Mary, virgin or otherwise. That's my ex-wife Gretta, so it is obviously a WITCH, not a SAINT!

Very Happy I’m glad you showed up. I’d like to interview her for a study I’m conducting on Ex-Wife Witches Converting to Sandwiches, entitled “Which Witch is on the -Wich?”
Traveller
Actually, look at the original subject line closely:
TeenZine wrote:
Virgin Marry Sandwitch

If a virgin would marry a sand witch, would they have a bunch of little sand warlocks? LOL!

TeenZine wrote:
Do you think it is a sign

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign" (Matthew 16:4a).

Aside from that when someone in the Bible tried to venerate Mary (Luke 11:27), Jesus himself (having all authority), downplayed mary and responded, "Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it" (Luke 11:28).
The Philosopher Princess
Traveller wrote:
If a virgin would marry a sand witch, would they have a bunch of little sand warlocks? LOL!

That’s a good question. What I’d like to know is what are the little ones called when a SandWitch marries a DustDevil.
Traveller
What I’d like to know is what are the little ones called when a SandWitch marries a DustDevil.

That's easy: sandblasters Laughing
The Philosopher Princess
Traveller wrote:
What I’d like to know is what are the little ones called when a SandWitch marries a DustDevil.

That's easy: sandblasters Laughing

Laughing You’re good! Then, I guess if they don’t marry, their little ones would be: sandbastards.

(I’m very happy that we are being very careful to stick with the level of seriousness set by our first poster, his sincerity of the issue being fortified by his never having come back here Razz.)
cbf-cma
I don't think Mary would be a virgin if she got sandwiched...
irsmart
It's real, but it is just a strange coincidence. It was just the way the sandwich was made. Even if it was forged, it is still neat. Smile