FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ENERGY DRINKS

Lamirande
Is it bad to drink them??

I drink about 2 a day.. actually I do drink 2 a day!

Everyone says there not really good for me, but I bed to differ cause they make me so much more awake and I think my body is like immuned to them!

If anyone wants the cheapest energy drink, get the NEW MOUNTAIN DEW ONE.. called DEW FUEL! Its got 109Mg of caffeine!! and its under $5.00 for a whole case (12 cans) - cheapest ones.. and they taste pretty good
AdamantMonk
Yea, anything that makes you feel instantly good is usually bad for you, take Opiates (Opium, Heroin, Morphine) and Amphetamines (Meth, Cocaine) for example.

Trust me when I say the cheap stuff is probably the worst to get. In the illegal drug trade, it's stuff cut with flour, baking soda, laundry detergent, borax, sevindust or whatever... (or mexican dirtweed), in the food/drink side of things, it's stuff made to only do its first job (take Mcdonalds for example, it's food, but that's about it) (also liquor, if you've ever gotten the $5 gallon jug of whiskey, you know what I mean.) and forget the following consequences. You're better off drinking coffee if you need energy, with coffee even the cheap stuff has positive side effects.

If you really want a boost... try packing coffee grounds tightly into the filer before brewing. My friend made coffee for me like that once (I had only like 2 hours of sleep the night before) it got me through about 14 hours of work and then a mad crash on the first bed I saw that day. I swear that coffee could have fueled my car though, and it was darker than black (usually black coffee means if it's in a clear glass, you can see light through it... this you could put up to the sun and see no light, mmm chewable)

Yeah energy drinks aren't good for you, caffeine in general isn't good for you, too much water is bad (actually just a cup can kill). a full night's sleep is 8 hours, every cigarrete you smoke takes a minute off your life, and the only car that isn't a deathtrap is a volvo. Who cares? You'll die anyways, and with how new energy drinks are, it'll take a couple more decades until we really see the effects and make them illegal (live it up now) course with demand there will always be supply.

(EDIT) If you want a real energy drink get Rockstar. All those others are the Wine Boxes of Energy Drinks.
mstreet
I generally try to stay away from them. I remember though back in the day JOLT, all the sugar and twice the caffeine of a regular cola.
I think people can get addicted to the Natural energy drinks as well. I tend to just having a good balanced diet and especially during the summer lots of fruit and veg.
HL9881
Yes. I always need to go to work and study TOGETHER.

It makes me get tired.

Energy drinks is good for me. Smile
Sappho
Lamirande wrote:
...they make me so much more awake and I think my body is like immuned to them!

You pretty much contradicted yourself here Smile

Anyway i think there is nothing bad with energy drinks, they even seem quite popular around here, just dont overdo it Smile
NuniPio
i reackon its ok to drink it if u actually are going to use the energy... but if ur juss gonna be sitting around all day then yea i would say its bad for you
nilsmo
Water is usually better. Smile
TurkishGamer
I don't think its more unhealthy but it I believe it makes you a little more thirsty.

I would rather drink water
alkady
Lamirande wrote:
Is it bad to drink them??

I drink about 2 a day.. actually I do drink 2 a day!

Everyone says there not really good for me, but I bed to differ cause they make me so much more awake and I think my body is like immuned to them!

If anyone wants the cheapest energy drink, get the NEW MOUNTAIN DEW ONE.. called DEW FUEL! Its got 109Mg of caffeine!! and its under $5.00 for a whole case (12 cans) - cheapest ones.. and they taste pretty good

$5.00 for a whole case of 12 of this stuff!!!!! Dammm that pratically how much I pay for a Monster, Rock Star or Full Throthel. Damm I got to get a case of that stuff. Where did you buy yours?

nilsmo wrote:
Water is usually better. Smile

Well Drinking water certainly beats drinking juices like McCain, Del Monte or that Zwak Crap.
evilryu530
i would think so, anything that man makes, is bad for you, if you need energy, goto the gym more often, eat healthy, have a healthy lifestyle, sleep early,etc.....don't let some coporate scum bag sucker you into buying him a new mansion every year.
alkady
^ Wow, You must really hate the Suits. There no shame in that, But still you have to give them credit for creating jobs and all that to stimulate the economy.
myrevolt
I stay away from energy drinks. A hot shower (30 minutes; yes I am the one wasting all the water Rolling Eyes ) in the morning helps me a lot (at night it will just put you to sleep though)

I occassionaly drink coffee, usually only a few times a month...on mondays in which I have to catch up on everything that I procrastinated. Or sometimes in the afternoon if I go to starbucks with friends.

Further I don't drink soda, I stick with water (unless I am in a fast food restaurant and forgot my water bottle, the free water they give you tastes like, and the ones that sell bottled cost more than a soda)

And I know the type that drink more than 2 monster energy drinks in a period of about an hour (even though it clearly says on the label "no more than 2 per 12 hours")....they mess people up Confused
Tatsumaru
Drinking energy drinks for their taste is not right in my opinion... especially if you're not going to do anything active afterwards (sipping energy drinks when just sitting on your lazy ass all day = not good). I only drink water, I sometimes take a caffein supplement when I'm going to train and I need the rush.
mavahntooth
energy drink can really help especially if you need to finish something important. just dont get immuned to it because it will not work for you. lol
mtoni
My main problem of energy drinks is that almost every drink has sugar in it.. which is bad for a diabetic...

I know there are light versions, but i feel too lazy to get those..
about the effect, I like the 'awakening' that you can feel when you drink it..

I sometimes drink like 1 bottle of cola a day and then i feel refreshed too:)
chargoyle
Are they bad? Yeah because all of the sugars and unknown chemicals that are thirty letters long simply can't be all that great for you. However, I find them quite addicting. I don't drink coffee so if I need a little bit of a jolt, I know just a normal soda isn't going to do so I'll grab a RockStar or something. It's the age old can't-live-with-it-can't-live-without-it thing (at least for me Laughing )
Josso
I've drunk Red Bull since I was about 12, my parents didn't object (like most things really) and the occasional V when I could find a can. I cut myself down actually after drinking 1-2 per day along with my pretty high tea intake. I only drink 4 per week now I expect but in the end it's not as bad as smoking or heavy drinking.
SoulSphere
Well I myself LOVE energy drinks and buy one whenever i can! And the best is either Red Bull or FULL THROTTLE.
driftingfe3s
Energy drinks are usually filled with caffine. Caffine can become addicting which is bad. Some people I know have to drink 6 or 7 cups of coffe a day to get thier caffine fix otherwise they get cranky, irritable, and get headaches.
driftingfe3s
Energy drinks are usually filled with caffine. Caffine can become addicting which is bad. Some people I know have to drink 6 or 7 cups of coffe a day to get thier caffine fix otherwise they get cranky, irritable, and get headaches. If you're drinking 2 a day and don't feel the effects of it I think you should start cutting down before you have to start drinking more to feel it.
Andrew426
I drink energy drinks if Im walking or riding long distances (especially if its late afternoon/night). I like to think Im pretty fit (I ride my pushbike 5-10km up and down hills most days) so I dont really think Im at risk of having a heart attack from just drinking a can or two of Lift +.

I dont thinkb they will ever be made illegal, that would just be silly.

Interesting link:

http://www.energyfiend.com/energy-drink-ingredients/
godam64
just drink natural drinks and you will be ok. i think energy drink will makes your kidney work very hard to produce energy and in the long term it can cause damages to your kidneys or even other body parts. i the real life i don't drink and always stay away from energy drinks that made by chemical reactions. i'm only drink plain bitter tea without sugar everyday and it's makes me stay healthy and stay away from desease and illnesses.

so stay away from energy drinks guys. the effects wouldn't not so far from smoking cigarette Evil or Very Mad
lors
Energy drinks are ok for a quick pick me up once in awhile, but drinking them on a regular basis can't be good for you. With all that sugar and caffeine you're bound to crash at some point.
Joe944
For a while there I was drinking a rockstar for breakfast and one at lunch just to get me through the day. =) That was including various cups of coffee and other caffiene induced goodies.
intekmdma
from what I heard, if you drink say... red bull every so often, then its OK (i'm not saying it's good) but if you drink a lot every day, the myth was that you bleed in your brain O.o
byt
never tried em myself but my wife works nights and a few months back she got really tired so tried one and it made her even more sleepy, almost crashed the car on the way to work so vowed never to try them again.

this may seam strange but I used to know a girl that got high on night nurse which is supposed to make you drowsey??? I guess some people get high on downers and vice verser Confused
Vrythramax
I have never tried any of the so-called "Energy Drrinks" available, and I have never heard that they were bad for you, but just about anything that has some form of effect on your body, if taken in large quantities regularly can't be good for you.

For me....I just stick with Coca-Cola (in moderation) and good old coffee....I do tend to go overboard some days with the coffee though Sad
Andrew426
Vrythramax wrote:
, if taken in large quantities regularly can't be good for you.
Nothing is good for you in large quantities.
byt
Andrew426 wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
, if taken in large quantities regularly can't be good for you.
Nothing is good for you in large quantities.

except money, ya can't ever get too much of that Laughing
David_Pardy
Yes you can.

One thing you guys haven't considered is the amount of SALT in energy drinks. Everything we eat and drink these days is packed full of salt and preservatives - our lifestyles will only lead to heart problems early on in life.

A balanced diet is the only way to do things right.
aakwa
I do not think it could be to bad for you to drink them go ahead and try out some of my favorites!

Bawls
Whoop Ass
Monster
Amp

They are great they even make slurpees called snow bawls!
meet in rio
Fair enough if you have terrible insomnia or something, but just learn to get a good night's sleep instead.

I feel so much better since I've started going to bed before midnight. I could never put my finger on it until I actually went to bed on time, but I just felt stuffy and unhealthy with fewer than 7/8 hours sleep. I appreciate that it can be difficult if you need do do essays and whatnot and have a social life, but just learn to use study periods for, well, study.

I don't really notice the difference if I've had caffeine, unless I've been on a movie marathon and have swallowed x million cans of soda.

Drink cold water or something.