FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mountain Bikers?

gaus4all
Mountain Bike is my favourite Sport.
I like the downhill Race sooo much...
fkmax
Ya i like mountain bikes too, especially in my country where the roads are conjested with cars and the road is always jam. So i would ride my bike anywhere i want and would not have to worry about such things. I recently went with my friends to the moutains areas in our bike, it took as 3 hours to reach the mountain side from our place. It was nice and easy to ride the mountain bike at the mountain and we had no problem at all with the bike, we really enjoyed ridding the bike and also the beautilful scene from the top of the mountain....
SusieSmacktard
I just bought a cheapie mountain bike. I haven't ridden a bike in years, but would like to get back in to it. Unfortunately, the pedal keeps falling off on the left side. Since I paid the store to assemble it, I think I'm going to have to go back and complain. Evil or Very Mad
sale
hi guys, ill maybe buy a kind of fiddy today. It will be a 110cc with 4.5 hp, and its black.... mmmmm....
Motoracer380
i dont do any racing on bikes...but ide love one of those 5K dollar mountain bikes they use for it. but yet..i dont have 5K
JoeFriday
SusieSmacktard wrote:
I just bought a cheapie mountain bike. I haven't ridden a bike in years, but would like to get back in to it. Unfortunately, the pedal keeps falling off on the left side. Since I paid the store to assemble it, I think I'm going to have to go back and complain. Evil or Very Mad

Susie, it might be easier to just pick up some ThreadLock from a hardware store.. put that on the pedal threads.. and retighten it.. rather than loading the bike up and taking it to the store

but then, if your pedal is falling off, there might be other things that they should check out, too.. and a bike needs a 30 day checkup after you start riding it.. those first couple weeks tend to loosen things up, cables stretch, etc.. most decent shops will do a free checkup if they sold you the bike
oais
I love cycling too, I purchased a Dirt terrain cycle last year and laugh out loud at vehicles stuck in traffic as I pass them on the pavement and get back on the road when I have passed the signal. unfortunately there aren't any hill nearby Mumbai where I can do off road mountain biking. Sad
eqfan
gaus4all wrote:
Mountain Bike is my favourite Sport.
I like the downhill Race sooo much...

I like Mountain Bike too. Smile
kogoot
Yeah, MTB is my favourite sport, that's my passion. I'm writing for some polish bike magazines and it's a great way of progression. Mountain biking gives me awesome feeling of freedom and so, I love it!
pashmina
I tried cycling downhill, once, but I ended up hurting myself. Since then I have stopped. I think it was 3 years back.
I am really bad at it.
Cddhesh
My situation is same as that of pashmina, difference is that instead of cycle, i had motorcycle,a big horny yellow bike, with spiky tires.Myn friend went downhill and up in style,so next was my chance.
Instead of having good shock absorbers i dont know how i fell down with huge bump.
jalsahappy
It was nice and easy to ride the mountain bike at the mountain and we had no problem at all with the bike, we really enjoyed ridding the bike and also the beautilful scene from the top of the mountain....
pashmina
Cddhesh wrote:
My situation is same as that of pashmina, difference is that instead of cycle, i had motorcycle,a big horny yellow bike, with spiky tires.Myn friend went downhill and up in style,so next was my chance.
Instead of having good shock absorbers i dont know how i fell down with huge bump.

that must have hurt badly.
bonestorm74
I tried that a number of years ago but quickly found that I wasn't really cut out for it. I stacked quite a bit for a start. But that wasn't the worst part, it was mainly the fitness that I struggled with. And I should add that I was doing gym at the time, and for about 6 weeks before I first went out on the mountain I did extensive work on the bike at the gym.

It's didn't help. I couldn't keep up and even threw up from exhaustion on one particular ride. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. Smile
steve_br
I used to love mountain biking, well cross country anyway. I used to spend every weekend at my local mountain biking circuit or go to Wales for the weekend. In the end though had to give it up because of university and a real lack of funds and time.

Now I am at work I'm really considering starting it up again and really all I need is a new set of forks and should be ready to go. Theres nothing better than the feel of doing exercise and the rush of adrenaline when going downhill. Much better than heading down the gym anyway, which incidently I have also recently joined.
pebbleworm
I do cross country too. Like 7 years already. The best sports eve, takes me far from the desk and PC. Very Happy
Phinx
I haven't taken up mountain biking properly. Uni eats most of the funds leaving with virtually nothing and work doesn't come easy these days. Still, at one point i bought a full suspension bike for 45, used of course (still, the price indicates the quality). First and foremost it was meant for getting to work and preferably back. And it did it's job well. Now i'm starting to upgrade it bit by bit (damn uni) to make up a descent ride to take up simple trails since i'm only a novice. So my bike ain't of a specific brand but a hand-assembled experiment, that will hopefully will help to keep my limbs intact when i go loose Smile
joe_042293
I've had a mountain bike since I was a kid, and I live on a mountain. Combined, you get many funtimes. Plus, pretty pictures. :>