FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WHICH PS2 GAMES ROCK ONLINE???

djcaution
Let me just fill you in on the background here. I had a PS2 a long time ago, quite a few games too, never played online before though & got bored & sold it although regretted it later when some wicked ps2-only games were released Confused ...Since then I have an xbox that's modded with tons of games but I cant play xbox live with that and I'm really itching to experience the joys of online gaming so I recently got one of those mini PS2's so I can play online with that at least..

I havent followed PS2 games at all for years and so I'm not sure which ones I should get for the most fun, high replay-factor online games. WHICH PS2 GAMES ARE THE BEST TO PLAY ONLINE???
rightclickscott
If you're a Metal Gear fan, then try Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance. Otherwise, I got nothing...
AdamantMonk
I was unaware that PS2 ever employed their online capabilities... Is there a list somewhere MB of games that work online?
rightclickscott
AdamantMonk wrote:
I was unaware that PS2 ever employed their online capabilities... Is there a list somewhere MB of games that work online?

The PS2 does have online capabilities, the difference between it and the Xbox is that it's not a full online system. It doesn't have any kind of support like "Xbox live," instead, every game has it's own individual online components. All you need in an Ethernet adapter and you're good to go, you don't need to pay anykind of online service. The only problem is that there aren't that many great online games. I mean, the wrestling games are kind of fun, but aside from MGS3: Subsistance and Killzone, there isn't much there. And Killzone is still pretty outdated.
CyanEyed
i dont have a ps2 but any console with splinter cell rocks
sr.job
battelfield 2!
brevity
Has everyone forgotten Socom and Socom II ???
Gavin
Socom is prolly tha best, but i like to play madden 06 Cool
ogwilson
Socom 1, 2, and 3 are all very good online games. Socom 1's community is now kinda bland with the release of 2 and 3. 2's community is not what it used to be, and more and more cheaters are surfacing each day. Socom 3's community is now the most active PS2 online community with highest logins peaking 25,000 users at one given time. If you're into third person shooters, specifically military. Socom is for you.
djcaution
Thanks for the input! MGS3: Subsistance, Killzone and Socom 3 look like winners. Especially mgs3 holy freaking crap I cant wait to play that against real people!!!!! I just found somebody today that can soft-mod my xbox so it can still be played on xbox live so you could say that I bought the ps2 for nothing... but the way I look at it- MGS3 makes everything a-o-k.
matttai
Gran Turismo 4! Just the thrill of tuning your own car then testing your own setup against someone else. Skill + tuning skill makes for a really deep game. Especially when you both are racing the same car, then the skill of your setup and driving skill truly shines through.
Kamu8recon
If your into shooting games then Socom is the best game for you. One of the things that make socom a great game to play is the fact that you run around in third person view. Unlike other games where you run around in first person view and end up dizzy later. In socom you can have a team of up to 16 people on each side and try to kill eachother or complete the objectives (demolition, control points, hostages and breach). Also if you get a close group of guys that play a lot together you form your clan and have matches with other clans. They also have websites that help you track your win/loss record against other clans.

Socom is the whole reason that i'm using frihost, I in the process of creating a website for my clan. If your ever on 8pm-1am pacific standard time look me up [inU] SCORPzRECON. we mostly play in the west servers or were in a battle.
rightclickscott
matttai wrote:
Gran Turismo 4! Just the thrill of tuning your own car then testing your own setup against someone else. Skill + tuning skill makes for a really deep game. Especially when you both are racing the same car, then the skill of your setup and driving skill truly shines through.

Wasn't the big thing about GT4 that it didn't have online play?