FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Someone who's got some good highschoolmovies?

puredazzle
Can someone recomend some good highschool movies? I just love them... It so easy to watch 'em.

My favorite is... Oh, I cant remember the name but Winona Ryder is in it. It's a little bit of a thriller... great!!
ylmun
I think the Winona Ryder movie you're talking about is Heathers.

You can't go wrong with the king of 80's high school movies.....um...what's his name. Oh well, but he was know for doing tons of high school movies including:

Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles (with the Donger!)
Some Kind of Wonderful
and.... Ferris Buellers Day Off!!

The movies have the same theme; outcasts, misfits (except for Ferris Bueller's Day Off in which it's the coolest kid, not a misfit) trying to get through life while being beset upon by parents, popular kids, peer pressure and authority figures. Kinda like real high school, now that I think about it...only with a cool 80's soundtrack.

BTW, the guys name was John Hughs. I just remembered.

Check out Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Weird Science also. Those were good....
Farhad
Arrghh! Anyone remember this cool movie about a private school where all these previleged kids go to? And then terrorists come and hold them all hostage? A reckless kid amongst them goes against the terrorists to help the authrorities?

Oh and ... Red Dawn Very Happy
gh0stface
Daze and Confused is also a good one.
Farhad wrote:
Arrghh! Anyone remember this cool movie about a private school where all these previleged kids go to? And then terrorists come and hold them all hostage? A reckless kid amongst them goes against the terrorists to help the authrorities?

I remember seeing the movie trailer on TV but I really don't remember the title of that movie.
Timothysm
Classic highschool movie. Battle Royale.
ylmun
Timothysm wrote:
Classic highschool movie. Battle Royale.

oooooo, that was gooood. Might as well throw in Suicide Circle as well.
althalus
gh0stface wrote:
Farhad wrote:

I remember seeing the movie trailer on TV but I really don't remember the title of that movie.
I think I've seen that movie, some years ago, and I've been trying to find it again. Can't remember the title, though Sad
shinnoyami
ylmun wrote:
I think the Winona Ryder movie you're talking about is Heathers.

You can't go wrong with the king of 80's high school movies.....um...what's his name. Oh well, but he was know for doing tons of high school movies including:

Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles (with the Donger!)
Some Kind of Wonderful
and.... Ferris Buellers Day Off!!

The movies have the same theme; outcasts, misfits (except for Ferris Bueller's Day Off in which it's the coolest kid, not a misfit) trying to get through life while being beset upon by parents, popular kids, peer pressure and authority figures. Kinda like real high school, now that I think about it...only with a cool 80's soundtrack.

BTW, the guys name was John Hughs. I just remembered.

Check out Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Weird Science also. Those were good....

you named them all! I enjoy watching 80s teen movies! i haven't seen it but a popular one from the 80s was st. elmo's fire... I feel like watching 80s movies now! I haven't seen 16 candles in a long time! classics in my mind.
serazat
Rushmore is a good one.
guissmo
Highschool Musical! The best! Smile
ylmun
Hmmmmm,

Does Class of Nuke 'Em High count?

you know, Troma Studios' office is right near my apartment.
ylmun
Arrrrrgh!

How could we forget "Napolean Dynamite"? I hated the movie, though.

A better movie was "Clueless"
cavey
Not all 80's but very funny!

Animal House
Dead Man on Campus
New Guy, The (!!)
Revenge of the Nerds (1-4, I think)
Sorority Boys
Private School
Van Wilder
Wet Hot American Summer
100 Girls

Enjoy!
ylmun
cavey wrote:
Not all 80's but very funny!

Animal House
Dead Man on Campus
New Guy, The (!!)
Revenge of the Nerds (1-4, I think)
Sorority Boys
Private School
Van Wilder
Wet Hot American Summer
100 Girls

Ummm, are you sure they're all HIGH SCHOOL movies?
badbrewb
This is a good new movie about high school and the whole dating scene. It is really funny and shows the good and bad about high school dating. Here is a link to IMDB
GProject
It's Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or Rushmore for my money. So many of the modern High School movies have fallen into the teen-comedy vein, although Luke Greenfield's The Girl Next Door was actually really funny & sweet, so maybe give that a go.
cavey
ylmun wrote:
Ummm, are you sure they're all HIGH SCHOOL movies?

You're right, I see now that some of them are college movies, and one of them at summer camp:

Animal House <-- college
Dead Man on Campus <-- college
New Guy, The (!!) <-- high school
Revenge of the Nerds (1-4, I think) <-- college
Sorority Boys <-- college
Private School <-- High school
Van Wilder <-- college
Wet Hot American Summer <-- Summer camp
100 Girls <-- college