FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Locked Posts





Kashinilaya
I couldn't find a better place for it, so I chose this forum, since I'm asking for clarification. Please remove it to the correct forum, if you feel it's displaced.

I while ago I posted a topic about vegetarianism (something like: "Are you vegetarian?," or "What do you think about vegetarianism?;" I can't really remmember the title). It was locked by a moderator. I asked for an explanation, so that I wouldn't repeat the mistake in the future, but no one seemed to know why it was locked (the post disapeared and I can't find it when I search for my posts).
Some months ago, I posted a topic named no more Bondings, please and it was locked again, this time by James007, for the following reason:
Quote:
Try a normal topic title... I don't really like this one...

In the post, I staded very clearly that it was not a "rebellion", or anything like that, against Bondings. Just a way of calling the attention of the members of the forum to the topic I wanted to chat about.
I feel sad about it because in both cases I chose interesting topics (to me, of course) which I could develop into plenty of nice exchange of point of views, in possibly many replies, making it easier (for me) to keep posting and enjoying being part of this commuinity.

I believe I didn't offend anybody or threatend Frihost in any way. As far as I could see, sense of humour is allowed here and, as I said, the title was meant to attract people to the post (please read it and you'll understand what I say).
I would very much appreciate if the administrators, specially Bondings, could clear this up, so that I will make better choices for posts and titles, next time.

(did you, Bondings, feel offended or threatened in any way by that title and content of the post?)

Thank you.
wumingsden
Kashinilaya wrote:
I couldn't find a better place for it, so I chose this forum, since I'm asking for clarification. Please remove it to the correct forum, if you feel it's displaced.

I while ago I posted a topic about vegetarianism (something like: "Are you vegetarian?," or "What do you think about vegetarianism?;" I can't really remmember the title). It was locked by a moderator. I asked for an explanation, so that I wouldn't repeat the mistake in the future, but no one seemed to know why it was locked (the post disapeared and I can't find it when I search for my posts).
Some months ago, I posted a topic named no more Bondings, please and it was locked again, this time by James007, for the following reason:
Quote:
Try a normal topic title... I don't really like this one...

In the post, I staded very clearly that it was not a "rebellion", or anything like that, against Bondings. Just a way of calling the attention of the members of the forum to the topic I wanted to chat about.
I feel sad about it because in both cases I chose interesting topics (to me, of course) which I could develop into plenty of nice exchange of point of views, in possibly many replies, making it easier (for me) to keep posting and enjoying being part of this commuinity.

I believe I didn't offend anybody or threatend Frihost in any way. As far as I could see, sense of humour is allowed here and, as I said, the title was meant to attract people to the post (please read it and you'll understand what I say).
I would very much appreciate if the administrators, specially Bondings, could clear this up, so that I will make better choices for posts and titles, next time.

(did you, Bondings, feel offended or threatened in any way by that title and content of the post?)

Thank you.


Currently Bondings is a little busy to answer threads like this so you may have to wait a while. I will try and do my best to answer it for him.

I don't think Bondings has ever been offended. This is not real-life and he doesn't know a lot of people here personally. For that reason alone I doubt he cares as to what other people say about it. However, it is against the forum rules rto offend anyone.
Posts are locked for numerous reasons. They may be spam (no point of the thread), a duplicate (a thread is already open on the subject), resolved, the beginning of a flame war, etc. They are not locked for no apparant reason. The moderator that you mentioned would have had a reason for it to be locked.

Edit -
I just thought I'd also add that although the threads seemed interesting/good in your eyes it doesn't mean it is. An example of this is a warez thread, the person that created it would of thought that it was good (they are usually set out quite smart), however, they are not allowed here at frihost and so are locked/trashed.
James007
About this thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-25459.html

Many reactions you say? Let's see what that idiot topic title brought shall we?

Vrythramax wrote:
Bondings' provides....you don't.

-EOL-

evilryu530 wrote:
wtf? someone's been dippin into their parent's meth supply....shame on u!!! lock this thread.

Insanity wrote:
Got me to read this topic alright... so props on that.

Vrythramax wrote:

*SIGH* .........I Heard that, and got me to respond....twice.

n0obie4life wrote:
lmao. I thought it was a protest against Bondings, I'd love to see one and if it's relavant, I'll join in Razz.

It got me to see this topic, props to you.

I've got nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic doh.

mschnell wrote:
Have you ever watched the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie?

"You're really weird."

adwya wrote:
its too long


I do NOT call that "nice exchange of point of views". That topic was full of spam because of your topic title. Removing those replies wouldn't have helped because it was your topic title which caused them.

And again you are complaining in public, just to flame... instead of pm'ing the admin about it.
TeenZine
Would it of been to hard to change the tittle ? You can since you a mod.
James007
Then the whole post wouldn't have made sence. Then he would be talking about bondings and nobody would get it anymore.
Kashinilaya
James007 wrote:
About this thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-25459.html

Many reactions you say? Let's see what that idiot topic title brought shall we?

Vrythramax wrote:
Bondings' provides....you don't.

-EOL-

evilryu530 wrote:
wtf? someone's been dippin into their parent's meth supply....shame on u!!! lock this thread.

Insanity wrote:
Got me to read this topic alright... so props on that.

Vrythramax wrote:

*SIGH* .........I Heard that, and got me to respond....twice.

n0obie4life wrote:
lmao. I thought it was a protest against Bondings, I'd love to see one and if it's relavant, I'll join in Razz.

It got me to see this topic, props to you.

I've got nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic doh.

mschnell wrote:
Have you ever watched the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie?

"You're really weird."

adwya wrote:
its too long


I do NOT call that "nice exchange of point of views". That topic was full of spam because of your topic title. Removing those replies wouldn't have helped because it was your topic title which caused them.

And again you are complaining in public, just to flame... instead of pm'ing the admin about it.


I understand you didn't like my "complain" as you said above, since you were the one who locked the post. But it's good to make a few things clear:


A careful reading in the first post will be enough to realize I was not complaining. I wanted an explanation, since the reason you gave then was not enough form me to understand why the past post was locked;

I didn't "flame" anything, but you did with your commentary above;

The reason I posted, instead of PM'ing, is because I think this sort of problem should be solved in the forum, not because I wanted to expose anybody to the public opinion. If I did anything wrong in that post (the one being questioned), other people should know, so that the mistake will not repeat.

I don't understand why you used the expression "many reactions, you say", since I didn't use it in my topic;

I don't think the topic title "caused" all those "spams." I already entered many topics, because of the title and, realizing they were not what I expected, didn't leave any message there. And, most important, I never offended anybody in any post. Therefore, the responsability for the "spams" belong solely to the spammers;

I believe that if the topic remained unlocked, some people would get interested in talking about that;

You commentary above shows you were biased by emotions and, giving you the benefit of doubt, I forgive you for what you said. But you should know that I feel very offended for you having called that "an idiot topic title." It's very clear that you brought the "flame," not me!

When I had the first topic locked, I did the same procedure and the moderators and Bondings himself were very polite, although they couldn't answer why it was locked (the post disapeared). I don't see why it has to be different now. The way the Admins and the Mods handle the forum (including here their replies) is also very important for building a name for Frihost. I saw today a post from Bondings stating that Frihost needed to keep increasing the number of members in order to exist for many years. Well, making a hurricane out of a deep breath will not help any much.


TeenZine said
Quote:
Would it of been to hard to change the tittle ? You can since you a mod.


James007 said
Quote:
Then the whole post wouldn't have made sence. Then he would be talking about bondings and nobody would get it anymore.


That's not true! The post makes perfect sense without the title. Again, I just played with the words to attract people to the post.

Wumingsden said
Quote:
I just thought I'd also add that although the threads seemed interesting/good in your eyes it doesn't mean it is.

Of course I know that, but thanks for your comments anyway.
wumingsden
-locked- Staff are able to reply to locked threads, if Bondings feels the need to then he will.
James007
Kashinilaya wrote:

A careful reading in the first post will be enough to realize I was not complaining. I wanted an explanation, since the reason you gave then was not enough form me to understand why the past post was locked;

Okay, then I will make it clear to you:
Your topic title made people talk about something else than what the topic was about. You started your topic with "Im not sure I have the right to do it," so you know it is on the limit.

Quote:
I didn't "flame" anything, but you did with your commentary above;

Sorry, what you did was flaming... pure flaming.

Quote:

The reason I posted, instead of PM'ing, is because I think this sort of problem should be solved in the forum, not because I wanted to expose anybody to the public opinion. If I did anything wrong in that post (the one being questioned), other people should know, so that the mistake will not repeat.

You wanted the opinion of Bondings? Then you ask bondings, not the forum. And apparantly you are the only one making those mistakes, so you are the only one who should get to read his opinion.

Quote:
I don't understand why you used the expression "many reactions, you say", since I didn't use it in my topic;

You said "useful replies", look at the begin post.

Quote:
I don't think the topic title "caused" all those "spams." I already entered many topics, because of the title and, realizing they were not what I expected, didn't leave any message there. And, most important, I never offended anybody in any post. Therefore, the responsability for the "spams" belong solely to the spammers;

But I do not accuse you of offending Bondings with that topic. That was NOT the reason why I closed it. I closed it because the topic title had nothing to do with the content, the topic title made people post unuseful replies, and the topic title itself could not be changed without turning the post into complete nonsense.

Quote:
I believe that if the topic remained unlocked, some people would get interested in talking about that;

I don't believe that. Sorry.

Quote:
You commentary above shows you were biased by emotions and, giving you the benefit of doubt, I forgive you for what you said. But you should know that I feel very offended for you having called that "an idiot topic title." It's very clear that you brought the "flame," not me!
When I had the first topic locked, I did the same procedure and the moderators and Bondings himself were very polite, although they couldn't answer why it was locked (the post disapeared). I don't see why it has to be different now. The way the Admins and the Mods handle the forum (including here their replies) is also very important for building a name for Frihost. I saw today a post from Bondings stating that Frihost needed to keep increasing the number of members in order to exist for many years. Well, making a hurricane out of a deep breath will not help any much.

If you would have PM'ed me for an explanation you would have gotten a very polite answer because I'm glad I can help people when something is not clear to them and you have the right to ask why your topic has been locked if that wouldn't be clear to you. But the way you do it makes a big difference. Use the PM function instead of asking the admin for an explanation on the forum.



Quote:
That's not true! The post makes perfect sense without the title. Again, I just played with the words to attract people to the post.

Yes and if everyone should begin to play with words the forum would be one big mess of titles not corresponding to their content.
Related topics
Guest posts
Exceeded the alloted amount of posts ???
How to Make Good Posts
Locking the posts?
Posting Guidelines / Guidelines to Make Quality Posts
Pruning in this forum - Read -
PHP Version
Frihost forum policy - harsh in all the wrong places
Question about locked forums
Why was the Marijuana discussion locked???
Related topics
best free antivirus plus firewall
Add "Post to be locked" Type for Post Reporting
What Deems an Appropriate Reason to Lock Threads?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.