FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Is God a man?





We r the SYC
is god a man or to be more precice is God.. Jesus in body and soul?, or are they to diff beings.

simple enough question.... tho there is a large number of Gods out there, so lets limit ourselfves to the Highest God as referd to in the "bible" or the Qur'an, I understand many different "factions" of the so called "christian religion" belive many different things on this subject. im wondering what proof is ther to support ither claims made by these "factions" of the "church".
Tac-Tics
God was a man.
His name was Jesus.
He died.
People wrote books and stuff about him.
Catholics and Protestants love him to death.
Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and others could care less about him.
Also, many Christians themselves don't really care much about him.
JimJamDragoonr
I wouldn't ever presume to guess what God trully ever is in any aspect, for his knowledge and power are omniscient. But, in the bible it does refer to God as Him with a capitol H and He also with the capitol letter. In Genesis, when God created man he made him in his image and woman was later formed from man, he also said "they will be like us and resemble us." This is just an educated guess, I'm not saying what it is or isn't but from what the scriptures in the Bible have given, most signs lead towards God being a man. As well God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have some sort of holy trinity indescribable to any mortal. (It said that somewhere in the Bible, I'm just to lazy to look it up Very Happy)
Tac-Tics
I enjoy spelling god and him with lower case letters simply because I know better. Besides, in other languages, such silly rules do not exist (or the rules are even sillier, I'm not sure which it is). In German, you capitolize all nouns. In Hebrew there is no lower case. In Japanese, they don't even have pronouns at all!
We r the SYC
Quote:
is god a man or to be more precice is God.. Jesus in body and soul?, or are they to diff beings.
lol


i duno why it really matters god is still God, same as God is still god
Nikkori
The sects (christian sects) Jehova's Witnesses and Iglesia Ni Cristo don't believe that Jesus is God.
Nikkori
JW believes that Jesus is an Angel and INC believes that Jesus is a holy man..
We r the SYC
good 4 them......., id always herd it was the otherway around
the_mariska
If talking about Jesus, yes, He's a historical character, and He definitely was a man. If about the God 'that is in heaven', I don't know what kind of criteria should we take to decide about his sex. If God really exists [in what I personally believe], He is purely immaterial and spiritual, so there are no physical features to determine it. So on what should we base our decision?

What is more, the organisms, minds and intellects of typical man and woman are complimentary. Some of the features [rational, abstractive and logical thinking] are more frequent between men, while the others [emotional intelligence, intuition, arts] between women. I guess God, if He's perfect, will have the both kinds of features, so this way we couldn't decide either.

That's why I think that God has no gender in the way as we describe it. So why do we say 'He' or 'Father' about God? I guess it's connected with ancient Hebrew customs (where appeared the first monotheist religion), as their society was strictly patriarchal. What is more, could you refer to God as 'It'? Wink
Roald
For the Christians is God a man, because the man has a higher social position, this is not my opinion, but the woman had the take care of there children and so they had to stay home. While the man had to work outside of the house. So for Christians God is just a man because men were 'more important' (mind the ' ').
In my opinion is God not person or a creature, God is just created by the humans because they need something to explain things they can't understand. That's one of the reasons why the churches lose partisans, the modern science can explain most of the things they couldn't explain in former days.
the_mariska
Roald wrote:
For the Christians is God a man, because the man has a higher social position, this is not my opinion, but the woman had the take care of there children and so they had to stay home. While the man had to work outside of the house. So for Christians God is just a man because men were 'more important' (mind the ' ').
In my opinion is God not person or a creature, God is just created by the humans because they need something to explain things they can't understand. That's one of the reasons why the churches lose partisans, the modern science can explain most of the things they couldn't explain in former days.
If you're not a Christian, why do you speak in the name of them? You'd better read what I've just written above, not generalise Twisted Evil .

And about the science... well, sounds wonderful, but if we are so powerful, why can't we still prove that God doesn't exist? Wink
We r the SYC
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????
ninjakannon
Who says God has a gender?

We, us humans, are just giving that something out there (if he exists) a gender. I assume that God is stereotypicaly a man because the father in a household used to be the main person: the person in charge, the one in control etc.

So - in my opinion - (and if God really exists): God is neither a man nor a woman.

And I am sceptical as to whether God does exist.
We r the SYC
Obviously, for you i'll make it simple.... HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????
ninjakannon
We r the SYC wrote:
Obviously, for you i'll make it simple.... HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????

No.
Not in my opinion.

ps. God is spelt with a capital 'G' when you are talking about the single God in a religion. It is only spelt with a lowercase 'g' when you are talking about many gods or one god in a religion with many gods.
Roald
the_mariska wrote:
Roald wrote:
For the Christians is God a man, because the man has a higher social position, this is not my opinion, but the woman had the take care of there children and so they had to stay home. While the man had to work outside of the house. So for Christians God is just a man because men were 'more important' (mind the ' ').
In my opinion is God not person or a creature, God is just created by the humans because they need something to explain things they can't understand. That's one of the reasons why the churches lose partisans, the modern science can explain most of the things they couldn't explain in former days.
If you're not a Christian, why do you speak in the name of them? You'd better read what I've just written above, not generalise Twisted Evil .

And about the science... well, sounds wonderful, but if we are so powerful, why can't we still prove that God doesn't exist? Wink
I am Christian (that means not that I agree with all there ideas).
You're right I have just generalized what you've written. Embarassed But God is not a person or creature He/She/It is everywhere. In my opinion He/She/It is like air. God is everywhere but isn't a person.

Quote:
And about the science... well, sounds wonderful, but if we are so powerful, why can't we still prove that God doesn't exist?
We also can't prove that God exists.
The Conspirator
Quote:
but if we are so powerful, why can't we still prove that God doesn't exist?

Can you prove I don;t exist? Even if you looked and looked and looked and found no evidence of my existence, that wouldn't prove I don't or ever existed. Same thing with God, any god or any religion.
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
For the Christians is God a man, because the man has a higher social position, this is not my opinion, but the woman had the take care of there children and so they had to stay home. While the man had to work outside of the house. So for Christians God is just a man because men were 'more important' (mind the ' ').
In my opinion is God not person or a creature, God is just created by the humans because they need something to explain things they can't understand. That's one of the reasons why the churches lose partisans, the modern science can explain most of the things they couldn't explain in former days.

I totaly agree Very Happy That is my opinion too.
Roald
Thank you, you're the first one who tells me that Very Happy
Roald
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does ehere actually means?
ninjakannon
The Conspirator wrote:
Quote:
but if we are so powerful, why can't we still prove that God doesn't exist?

Can you prove I don;t exist? Even if you looked and looked and looked and found no evidence of my existence, that wouldn't prove I don't or ever existed. Same thing with God, any god or any religion.

It is in fact true that you cannot prove anything at all. (Damn, that puts the kibosh on what my last sentence then!)

Here is my coincidence theory:
Everything is a coincidence.

It is impossible to prove that my theory is correct. However it is also impossible to prove that it is incorrect because if you try to prove it, the result might be a coincidence.
Of course it is extremely unlikely that everything actually is a coincidence, yet not impossible.

Although I don't believe in God (I am an atheist), I do think that there is a small chance that God could exist but that he is not provable. This chance, though, is very very small. [In my opinion].
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does ehere actually means?

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does "What does ehere actually means?" mean?.

Do you perhaps mean: "What does ehere actually mean?"?
Fire Boar
God is not a man. God is God, Alpha and Omega, creator of life, the universe and everything. Don't bother trying to guess exactly what He is, you'll never even come close. All that is certain is that He is the most powerful being ever, He created everything, He is immaterial, and He loves us to bits.

One more thing is that God has three parts. There is the creater part (God the Father). There is the Material God, whom humans can relate to (God the Son). Finally, there is the Spiritual God (Holy Spirit); the strange bit that no-one knows much about, but it is philosophised that the "in His image" part refers to God's Holy Spirit and the Soul that humans have.
Marston
We r the SYC wrote:
Obviously, for you i'll make it simple.... HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????
Stop patronizing people. You can hardly spell - you're in no position to act in a condescending manner, and I'm really sick of it.
earthchild
We r the SYC wrote:
HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????


Yes. But it is not just one human form but over 6 billion of them.

trippy eh? lol
ninjakannon
God is the answer to all your unanswerable questions. I just made that up and I like it, heh heh, I'm gonna use that in the future Razz.

earthchild wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????


Yes. But it is not just one human form but over 6 billion of them.

trippy eh? lol

Interesting, and not 'alf bad Wink I like that analagy too. Although it could be interpreted in a number of different ways.

Fire Boar wrote:
God is not a man. God is God, Alpha and Omega, creator of life, the universe and everything. Don't bother trying to guess exactly what He is, you'll never even come close. All that is certain is that He is the most powerful being ever, He created everything, He is immaterial, and He loves us to bits.

One more thing is that God has three parts. There is the creater part (God the Father). There is the Material God, whom humans can relate to (God the Son). Finally, there is the Spiritual God (Holy Spirit); the strange bit that no-one knows much about, but it is philosophised that the "in His image" part refers to God's Holy Spirit and the Soul that humans have.

The Religious view, but does my answer not fit too? ("God is the answer to all your unanswerable questions.")

Marston wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
Obviously, for you i'll make it simple.... HUMAN, dose god have a human form on earth?????
Stop patronizing people. You can hardly spell - you're in no position to act in a condescending manner, and I'm really sick of it.

Thanks, Marston. Smile
Roald
ninjakannon wrote:
Roald wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does ehere actually means?

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does "What does ehere actually means?" mean?.

Do you perhaps mean: "What does ehere actually mean?"?

Oh yes, sorry, but does anyone know it???
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
Roald wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does ehere actually means?

Sorry, I don't understand you. What does "What does ehere actually means?" mean?.

Do you perhaps mean: "What does ehere actually mean?"?

Oh yes, sorry, but does anyone knows it???

Ummmmm......... I don't think so. Maybe it's a new word. heh heh what could it mean Question
Roald
Yes, We r the SYC has invented a new word, now what does it means?
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
Yes, We r the SYC has invented a new word, now what does it means?

I think it must mean electronicaly here, or virtualy here. Like e-mail (often spelt email) which is electronic mail and lots of other things that begin with e- (e-learning package, e-portfolio etc).

Thus I believe that ehere is short for e-here which means electronicaly here.

We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????
We r the SYC used the word odly here, so I'm assuming he meant something along the lines of: "Roald do you even know if you are here, you could just be ehere, are you?????"
Or something like that anyway LaughingVery Happy

If We r the SYC did not intend to use the character formation "ehere", but in fact made a spelling mistake or typing error, then I claim full rights over this new word because I like it. I furthermore claim no responsibility for twisting We r the SYC's words.
Roald
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????
Hmm sounds like: WTF!, Roald do you even know you electronicaly are?????
ninjakannon wrote:
We r the SYC used the word odly here, so I'm assuming he meant something along the lines of: "Roald do you even know if you are here, you could just be ehere, are you?????"
Or something like that anyway
Hmmm, sounds pretty weird too.
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
We r the SYC wrote:
WTF!, Roald do you even know ehere you are?????
Hmm sounds like: WTF!, Roald do you even know you electronicaly are?????
ninjakannon wrote:
We r the SYC used the word odly here, so I'm assuming he meant something along the lines of: "Roald do you even know if you are here, you could just be ehere, are you?????"
Or something like that anyway
Hmmm, sounds pretty weird too.

It is pretty weird. I couldn't come up with a good way of twisting what he'd said to make it make any sence Confused
Roald
I hope he will read this so he can explain us.
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
I hope he will read this so he can explain us.

He seams to have unsubscribed from this thread or gone on holiday Razz as he hasn't posted anything for a while.
Roald
Yeah Evil or Very Mad I think you need a holiday when you write such things Shocked .
But we're getting of the topic.
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
Yeah Evil or Very Mad I think you need a holiday when you write such things Shocked .
But we're getting of the topic.

lol Wink Laughing
Very off topic, I think were actually just doing "General Chat" at the moment, instead of talking about "Philosophy and Religion". But oh well Smile
Roald
So to get back to the topic, let's generalise: God can't be a man/woman. God is more a name for a creature that people have created (or God just exists) to explain things they can't understand. Because God is so powerful and wise he can't be man/woman.
ninjakannon
If it is true that we (us humans) have created a God character just to answer, then there's nothing to stop him from being a man or a woman.
However, if God does exist, then he is neither a man nor a woman, there is a reason for this: if a dog is male, it is not a man, if a cow is a female, it is not a women; thus if a God is a male, it is not a man. Simply because men and women are humans. Usually adult humans. God is a stereotypically known as a man because he has much more wisdom than a child (therefore he is not a boy or a girl) and he is powerful (omniscient), he has control - just as men used to have in the household. Men used to 'rule'. We give God this gender for that reason (he has those attributes), also to make him easier to talk about and relate to: you would, I'm sure, find it hard to relate to something that does not have any relation to anything that you live around except an animal. A human is much easier to talk to, especially someone in control, a strong man then... So God is a man so that people can talk to him more easily, as well as just because he is omniscient (more like a man). Although God could just as easily be a women, because he is all-loving and caring, like a mother. Anyway, I could type forever, I think you get my points.

But, in truth, if God exists it is very unlikely that he has a gender.
We r the SYC
hmmmmm, u guys seem to like taking one topic and adding things too it....., (no names mentioned),

what was origonaly intended was.

in most theiorys
God is a Supernatural ebing that has no physical form.
Jesus is the Son of God Who is in Physical Form.

But many other denominations/"religions" belive God and Jesus are the same "being" what im asking is are they?, there for is God also Jesus in a Physical form, or are they different.

Theres thr Trinity thats: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but many belive its just God and the Holy Spirit or Just God......,


Sorry i havent been here 10/5 to disscuss this riviting debate, but I had sleep to catch up on.

Also u seem to HAVE noticed im a crap speller, no need to diss. ok
Soulfire
It's a relatively difficult concept to grasp. God and Jesus are two different beings, but yet they (along with the Holy Spirit) form one Trinity.

And since the Bible says we have been created in God's image, one could only assume that He is man, but a man who is infallible, just as Jesus was and is.
We r the SYC
in regaurds to Gods "image", i dont thnk it was refering to anything physical........., God sed he "created us" not copyed himself into a human form" so our physical being is more him having some funn with his awsom powers.

i think image relates to Our ability to Love, abnd more along that sort of line....
Soulfire
It could be an interpretation thing. From the statment "God created man in His image", the first thing that pops into my mind is physically. But you could be right also with spiritually or personality too.
Roald
Well, if God has created us he can't be either a man or a woman just because he has created them both. And Jesus has existed, he was a man who preached a new religion. And I think God and Jesus are not the same because Jesus is just a man preaching a new religion and God is something created through the time by the humans.
Fire Boar
Roald wrote:
Well, if God has created us he can't be either a man or a woman just because he has created them both. And Jesus has existed, he was a man who preached a new religion. And I think God and Jesus are not the same because Jesus is just a man preaching a new religion and God is something created through the time by the humans.

Jesus and God are the same, there are quotes in the Bible that confirm this (I'm just too lazy to look them up). Jesus is the human form of God that it is easiest for us humans to relate to. When He lived on earth, Jesus was both fully human and fully divine at the same time.
Roald
Fire Boar wrote:
Jesus and God are the same, there are quotes in the Bible that confirm this (I'm just too lazy to look them up). Jesus is the human form of God that it is easiest for us humans to relate to. When He lived on earth, Jesus was both fully human and fully divine at the same time.
No, Jesus was the "son" of God he was the representative of God on earth, but he was possessed by God.
We r the SYC
more filled with the holy spirit than possessed by God
Fire Boar
Roald wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:
Jesus and God are the same, there are quotes in the Bible that confirm this (I'm just too lazy to look them up). Jesus is the human form of God that it is easiest for us humans to relate to. When He lived on earth, Jesus was both fully human and fully divine at the same time.
No, Jesus was the "son" of God he was the representative of God on earth, but he was possessed by God.

The Holy Trinity has three parts:
  • God the Father
  • God the Son
  • God the Holy Spirit
This means that God is in three different parts, but when it gets right down to it, He is really just the one God. It is confusing, but hey this is the divine we're talking about, something that there is very little information about (apart from the Bible).
Roald
Everybody has to know that the bible is not sent by fax right from heaven.
The bible is written by humans ExclamationExclamation
ninjakannon
Roald wrote:
The bible is written by humans ExclamationExclamation

And humans make mistakes.

For example: Moses did not part the Red Sea but in fact the Reed Sea.

I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes in the Bible.
Roald
ninjakannon wrote:
And humans make mistakes.
Indeed, and apart from the fact they make mistakes, they not always tell the truth.
You don't have to read the bible literally but figurally, when you read a story in the bible, that story has three or maybe five meanings.
Fire Boar
Roald wrote:
Everybody has to know that the bible is not sent by fax right from heaven.

Yeah, but it was inspired directly from God.
ninjakannon
Fire Boar wrote:
Roald wrote:
Everybody has to know that the bible is not sent by fax right from heaven.

Yeah, but it was inspired directly from God.

But was it really?
Roald
Yeah, I can say when I write a book that is it inspired by God to.
An example: the ancient Greeks believed to in Gods and they wrote about them, they thought too that there Gods inspired them.
Che
God is all there is... IT is not an outsider looking in, more like in being out at the same time... Thus God is IT, it all including him, her, i, you, them, etc, not a single him or her.
sorry if it makes no sence to you.
Roald
Che wrote:
God is all there is... IT is not an outsider looking in, more like in being out at the same time... Thus God is IT, it all including him, her, i, you, them, etc, not a single him or her.
sorry if it makes no sence to you.
It definitely makes sense, I have exactly the same opinion as you.
supjapscrapper
Tac-Tics wrote:
God was a man.
His name was Jesus.
He died.
People wrote books and stuff about him.
Catholics and Protestants love him to death.
Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and others could care less about him.
Also, many Christians themselves don't really care much about him.


God is not a man, for the simple reason that HE CREATED MAN!!!!
God is way superior to men, and he crated many kinds, Humans, Djinn, Angels, and god only knows what else. He doesn't exist in the way we perceive existence, cause he didn't give us all he has, since what he has is unlimited. You cannot compare god to someone. If god died, nothing more would exist. There is only one god, cause he is the almighty, and if there were another god, he wouldn't let him call himself an almighty.
God created Jesus like he created Adam, jesus is not his son, not more than we all are his sons and daughters. Muslims ceryanly love Jesus, for what he was, what he brought to the human kind, for his message, for that he was beloved from god.
God created this universe, and only god knows what other knid of "Things" he created, our minds are limited and what we can imagine is limited, his powers are infinite, and we cannot perceive them. A man is a limited creature, first he need sto be created, if god was a man, who created him? absurd.
A man is limited in knowledge, strength, lifetime, imagination .... in everything, god isn't.
nw I ask you: IS god a man?
We r the SYC
ninjakannon wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:
Roald wrote:
Everybody has to know that the bible is not sent by fax right from heaven.

Yeah, but it was inspired directly from God.

But was it really?


u must remember that wen almost all of the bible wartien, as in the gosbales and other books, they were writen in the TIME OF WHEN THAT STUFF HAPPEND, not by scollars 100s of years later..

as for truth, and humans make mistakes...... tru the odd typo here and there... but simply saying we make mistakes is not enough to prove somthing wrong... eg YOU could be a mistake...dosent make u wrong or a mistake Razz
ninjakannon
We r the SYC wrote:
u must remember that wen almost all of the bible wartien, as in the gosbales and other books, they were writen in the TIME OF WHEN THAT STUFF HAPPEND, not by scollars 100s of years later..

But it was translated after it was writen, and there are, I'm sure, a few errors because of this.
We r the SYC
yes, i agreee there are alot of errors, but not enough to cause major widespread misconception
Che
God is in my penaut butter sandwish... Wink
Roald
supjapscrapper wrote:

God is not a man, for the simple reason that HE CREATED MAN!!!!
God is way superior to men, and he crated many kinds, Humans, Djinn, Angels, and god only knows what else. He doesn't exist in the way we perceive existence, cause he didn't give us all he has, since what he has is unlimited. You cannot compare god to someone. If god died, nothing more would exist. There is only one god, cause he is the almighty, and if there were another god, he wouldn't let him call himself an almighty.
God created Jesus like he created Adam, Jesus is not his son, not more than we all are his sons and daughters. Muslims ceryanly love Jesus, for what he was, what he brought to the human kind, for his message, for that he was beloved from god.
God created this universe, and only god knows what other knid of "Things" he created, our minds are limited and what we can imagine is limited, his powers are infinite, and we cannot perceive them. A man is a limited creature, first he need sto be created, if god was a man, who created him? absurd.
A man is limited in knowledge, strength, lifetime, imagination .... in everything, god isn't.
nw I ask you: IS god a man?

Euh you answer yourself:
Quote:
God is not a man, for the simple reason that HE CREATED MAN!!!!
I totally agree with you.


We r the SYC wrote:
u must remember that wen almost all of the bible wartien, as in the gosbales and other books, they were writen in the TIME OF WHEN THAT STUFF HAPPEND, not by scollars 100s of years later..

as for truth, and humans make mistakes...... tru the odd typo here and there... but simply saying we make mistakes is not enough to prove somthing wrong... eg YOU could be a mistake...dosent make u wrong or a mistake Razz
You haven't read all I wrote, when you read the bible, you don't have to read it literally, you have to read it figurally. The stories in the bible have three or four meanings. And the stories in the Old Testament I think that they are written later
tomatofly1
GOD cannot be digested by human mind!

When human try to explain who and what God is, they are just like 5 blind people who try to explain what an elephant is like. The blind one who touched the tusk would say that an elephant is sharp and hard. The other blind man who touch the tail would say that an elephant is actually thin and long like rope, the other blind man would say the same different things according to what they touched.

God cannot be truly understood through words, God can only be experienced and understood by one through enlightening.

There are no way what God is can be poured into words. Human simply do not have the words or vocabulary to explain what God is. For example, how would you explain what red is to a blind person who never ever in his life seen colors? To understand what red color is, the blind man must experience by himself what red is, nobody can tell or explain through words what red is to the blind person

Not only that, human tend to limit their mind. A turtle visited a frog who lived only at his small pond. The turtle started talking about how big the ocean is, and the frog couldn't understand at all. The turtle keep explaining for hours what ocean is, but it is in vain as the frog couldn't digest what ocean is with his limited mind of small pond. Only when the turtle bring the frog to feel and experience the ocean, then the frog will understand what ocean is!

To understand God is a journey towards inner self
Fire Boar
tomatofly1 wrote:
GOD cannot be digested by human mind!

When human try to explain who and what God is, they are just like 5 blind people who try to explain what an elephant is like. The blind one who touched the tusk would say that an elephant is sharp and hard. The other blind man who touch the tail would say that an elephant is actually thin and long like rope, the other blind man would say the same different things according to what they touched.

God cannot be truly understood through words, God can only be experienced and understood by one through enlightening.

There are no way what God is can be poured into words. Human simply do not have the words or vocabulary to explain what God is. For example, how would you explain what red is to a blind person who never ever in his life seen colors? To understand what red color is, the blind man must experience by himself what red is, nobody can tell or explain through words what red is to the blind person

Not only that, human tend to limit their mind. A turtle visited a frog who lived only at his small pond. The turtle started talking about how big the ocean is, and the frog couldn't understand at all. The turtle keep explaining for hours what ocean is, but it is in vain as the frog couldn't digest what ocean is with his limited mind of small pond. Only when the turtle bring the frog to feel and experience the ocean, then the frog will understand what ocean is!

To understand God is a journey towards inner self

Blimey, I think you're the first person to get it just about spot on there! I totally agree with this whole thing. You use parables too? Jesus 2 in the making! (I hope that isn't blasphemous, I didn't intend it to be, certainly.)
ninjakannon
tomatofly1 wrote:
GOD cannot be digested by human mind!

When human try to explain who and what God is, they are just like 5 blind people who try to explain what an elephant is like. The blind one who touched the tusk would say that an elephant is sharp and hard. The other blind man who touch the tail would say that an elephant is actually thin and long like rope, the other blind man would say the same different things according to what they touched.

God cannot be truly understood through words, God can only be experienced and understood by one through enlightening.

There are no way what God is can be poured into words. Human simply do not have the words or vocabulary to explain what God is. For example, how would you explain what red is to a blind person who never ever in his life seen colors? To understand what red color is, the blind man must experience by himself what red is, nobody can tell or explain through words what red is to the blind person

Not only that, human tend to limit their mind. A turtle visited a frog who lived only at his small pond. The turtle started talking about how big the ocean is, and the frog couldn't understand at all. The turtle keep explaining for hours what ocean is, but it is in vain as the frog couldn't digest what ocean is with his limited mind of small pond. Only when the turtle bring the frog to feel and experience the ocean, then the frog will understand what ocean is!

To understand God is a journey towards inner self

I am undecided as to whether God actually exists, and I am likley to remain of that view for my whole life, or many many years.

If God does exist, then I believe that you are just about spot on.
However, if God doesn't exist then you are, totaly wrong (read on to get this, I no this seams like... "erm... well, duh"). It is, in fact, possible for there to be no God, yet for God to exist. He could exist within our minds allone; as something to guide us and give us advice throughout our lives. In fact it could just be your mind, reasuring itself that everything is OK, and that what you are doing is the right thing to do. (Hence the reason some suicide bombers believe that what they are doing is right, and that their God will praise them for their actions). If this is true, then what you say is slightly incorrect.
Quote:
GOD cannot be digested by human mind!
He will still be hard to grasp. But not impossible. And he will in fact be created by man kind.
Fire Boar
Yes but we're not all crazed ers are we?
haak_heu
GOD IS ONLY ONE
GOD has no parts
GOd has no son
God is Supreme
GoD has no gender
God has created every thing
God is not created by any body
God is every where
GOD has not given birth to any body
GOd is not born from any body
GOD dont sleep
GOD sees and hears every one
GOD just orders and things happen
Nothing can happen without his will .

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
GOD is Light ...Light is energy
Roald
God can't be a woman, women wouldn't create the earth (they are so smart that they predict that it is going to make trouble Cool ) God either can't be a man, a man wouldn't create something complex like the earth. So God isn't a man or a women.
haak_heu wrote:
THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
GOD is Light ...Light is energy
Indeed, and if God exists. What/who has created it (using it instead of God).
haak_heu
Roald wrote:
Indeed, and if God exists. What/who has created it (using it instead of God).


So, well u know without energ there is nothing ...matter is made from energy ...so from what energy is made ...

i think u got answer ...

So energy is not created nor destroyed .....
vihang
We r the SYC wrote:
is god a man or to be more precice is God.. Jesus in body and soul?, or are they to diff beings.

simple enough question.... tho there is a large number of Gods out there, so lets limit ourselfves to the Highest God as referd to in the "bible" or the Qur'an, I understand many different "factions" of the so called "christian religion" belive many different things on this subject. im wondering what proof is ther to support ither claims made by these "factions" of the "church".


First ask if GOD is really there. Then you will find out that stupid this question is .

Razz
Sappho
Ok a few thoughs on this topic:

Any omnipotent being is beyond anything that can be distinguished by gender in the first place. Smile

To prove that God doesn't exist is an impossible matter couse as someone already pointed out its impossible to prove that even WE exist. You need something more than "cogito ergo sum" to actually prove that we do exist Smile

I hope that if there is a God that it doesn't created us to its image, i mean if that would be truth then God is just pretty selfish, egoistic, ruthless.. being. Yep someone can argue that there are also a good qualities to mankind but lets be real those are in heavy minority here, all you need to prove that is to look around.
Victoly
We r the SYC wrote:
is god a man or to be more precice is God.. Jesus in body and soul?, or are they to diff beings.

simple enough question.... tho there is a large number of Gods out there, so lets limit ourselfves to the Highest God as referd to in the "bible" or the Qur'an, I understand many different "factions" of the so called "christian religion" belive many different things on this subject. im wondering what proof is ther to support ither claims made by these "factions" of the "church".


I believe that God is a concept representing unattainable perfection, the eternal, the universal, etc., and thus is not a human being.
twilightmoon
Jesus is God
douzy
No, He's not!
loyal
I'll simply solve this with:

GOD Almighty can put Himself or make Himself into anything. The verses in the Bible don't have to say that He can not, because that would then be absurd as God is All-Powerful! But the moment GOD Almighty chooses to become a man, He would immediately contradict His Declaration of not being a man at Numbers 23:19, 1 Samuel 15:29, Hosea 11:9 and Job 25:4-6:

1-"God IS not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19

2- "And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he IS not a man, that he should have regret." 1 Samuel 15:29

3- "I will not execute my burning anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come in wrath." Hosea 11:9

4-Job 25:4-6
4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
5 Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
6 How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

Man born from a woman and Son of man are nothing but despicable and worthless "worm" (Job 25:4-6 above)! Yet, Jesus was born from a woman, was a man, and was also called "son of man":

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:24
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

Mark 14:21
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.

It is clear that GOD Almighty was, perhaps, preparing for the coming of Jesus, the Messiah. His Declaration of Himself (GOD Almighty) not being a man, not being a "son of man", and not being born from a woman seems to suggest that He is Declaring in advance that Jesus is not and can not be the Creator of the Universe to eliminate all confusion and blasphemy.

Jesus is not GOD, and GOD is not (a despicable "worm") man!

In the light of the above passages, GOD Almighty clearly declared that He would never become a man!

"For I [am] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)"

As you can see when God becomes a man, he contradicts verses in the Bible.
Roald
loyal wrote:
I'll simply solve this with:
Hmm, if this was possible, there wouldn't be a 3 pages long discussion.
And you refer to the bible so many times that I have to quote myself.
Roald wrote:
Everybody has to know that the bible is not sent by fax right from heaven.
loyal
Roald, i know the Bible is corrupt and tampered with by man.

But, surely it's best to disprove the Christians with their own 'evidence'?
freeedy
I don't think God is a man, I think he is more like an entity, something that probably we woundn't understand, I do think that the Bible is full of exagerations (we are not made like God). From all the living things in this planet, in the universe, God decide to make us like him? common that just absurd, we are full of flaws, we can't represent Gods best piece. We have to stop worshiping ourselves, and believing we are the kids that God prefers, we are just part of the bunch.
moralesc
there is no way we can bound reality to a half, masculine as well as femenine are parts of a completitude that unifies in the matter

as above as below
Related topics
Is the Book of Mormon Really True
This is horrible...
A debate of religion, science, and more
Is Jesus Perfect?
Bomb Threat
questions for Christians
What or Who Created God? Any ideas?
why did "god" create "satan"
a question for all atheist friends.
I need to know if this is normal
If you don't believe God exists
What Religion are You?
hope..says it all
A suggestion... take it as you will
AL-QURAN (No Comparison Stands Among It)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Philosophy and Religion

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.