FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Always error in server 2

HL9881
Hi!

I'm using frihost's freewebhosting and I'm using server2.

But I found that my website always have errors.
Is it a bug in server2 or what else?

Thanks for replying. Smile
selim06
HL9881 wrote:
Hi!

what kind of problems do you have I'm also in hosted on Server2 but it works perfect..There is a few problem permissions only.
wumingsden
By "But I found that my website always have errors." what do you mean ? Do you mean that sometimes a "Page cannot be displayed" error displayes ? ....

Currently the server restarts every 1 hour. This means that heavily-loaded pages like forums/gallerys/CMS/etc, could be down for a few minutes. This will return a "Page cannot be displayed" error.
The permission problems that selim06 mentioned above have nothing to do with the Server being down. Permission problems happen when you install software like SMF and Apache owns the file. When this happens this file will not be able to be edited, deleted, moved, CHMOD'ed, etc, until the permissions are changed. This should have nothing to do with how the file looks.

Could you go into a little more detail about this error ?
SpellcasterDX
HL9881 wrote:
Hi!

What kind of errors are you getting? Internal server errors? Page Cannot Be Displayed page? 403 Forbidden errors? Which errors?
It's most likely file permissions or errors with your files. Try looking in the Apache error log in DA under Statistics and Logs. It should say what errors you got. Then you can post them here and people can help you out. It's just hard to help you if we don't know the specific problems you're encountering.
Scorpio
Wumings, I think that only Apache restarts every hour and not the server itself
wumingsden
scorpio wrote:

I have the tendancy to use "the Server" instead of Apache, its just a habit. The current uptime of the server is 12 Days, 3 Hours and 22 Minutes
selim06
And just a question His/Her points are -69,36 so how can he is a hosted member?So he may have a multiple account or just opened this topic to make us busy!Both of them forbidden!
krazycapital
wumingsden wrote:
Currently the server restarts every 1 hour.
Why is that?
Scorpio
wumingsden wrote:
scorpio wrote:

I have the tendancy to use "the Server" instead of Apache, its just a habit. The current uptime of the server is 12 Days, 3 Hours and 22 Minutes

Apache is a webserver not the physical component

So when you use the word "server" an average person who is unaccustomed to "your" ways will understand it as the physical component only

And I am not complaining about your usage
Use whatever term you want, but be clear.

Quote:
Why is that?

I assume it is reduce the load or free up the memory(a little)
HL9881
selim06 wrote:
And just a question His/Her points are -69,36 so how can he is a hosted member?So he may have a multiple account or just opened this topic to make us busy!Both of them forbidden!

Hey man,
I just have this account!
NO OTHERS!

But my website havn't broken down yet... Confused
I will post here more... Embarassed

wumingsden wrote:
By "But I found that my website always have errors." what do you mean ? Do you mean that sometimes a "Page cannot be displayed" error displayes ? ....

Currently the server restarts every 1 hour. This means that heavily-loaded pages like forums/gallerys/CMS/etc, could be down for a few minutes. This will return a "Page cannot be displayed" error.
The permission problems that selim06 mentioned above have nothing to do with the Server being down. Permission problems happen when you install software like SMF and Apache owns the file. When this happens this file will not be able to be edited, deleted, moved, CHMOD'ed, etc, until the permissions are changed. This should have nothing to do with how the file looks.

Oh yes.
My forum always have this problem...
Did you have any idea to serve this porblem?
thanks.
yaashop
i'm in server 2 too but i got no problem with my site. currently i'm trying to put many more thing in my site. i heard that serevr 1 got fantastico and i wanna try that but got no chance. so now i have to install each of them by myself. it's not really a big deal but anyway the simplier the better right? Razz i also heard that fantastico are not as good as the DA in server 2 so i guess i have nothing to complain. ^^
wumingsden
Quote:
selim06 wrote:

Hey man,
I just have this account!
NO OTHERS!

But my website havn't broken down yet... Confused
I will post here more... Embarassed

wumingsden wrote:

Oh yes.
My forum always have this problem...
Did you have any idea to serve this porblem?
thanks.

The memory problem is solved when its restarted, which causes some sites to be down (usually the heavily-loaded ones) for a couple of minutes. This problem began a long time ago though but I don't think Bondings has mentioned it so I do not wish to go into detail.