FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

India as an emerging superpower

amol_turkhade
Dear All,
Check this out,
and let me know what you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_as_an_emerging_superpower
Diddyman
If India were to become a super power then George Bush would want to be their friend, as he appears to be scared of all Superpower countries and tries to get them onside.
amol_turkhade
Thats what he is doing...
hunnyhiteshseth
I think India is not an emerging superpower, but a remerging superpower.

India before 17th century was one of the most advanced nations of the world. Some of our universities like Nalanda etc. attracted students from all over the known world at that time. So, the point is not India as an emerging superpower but India as a remerging superpower

If those fukcing stupid thiefs called europeans,specifically,brits who came to India had not come & took India's wealth, India would still had been a superpower.
Dragonfly
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

If those fukcing stupid thiefs called europeans,specifically,brits who came to India had not come & took India's wealth, India would still had been a superpower.

Hi mate, I think using such bad words are not welcome by anyone and I don't think you should use here. The Europeans did come to India and conquered it when we Indians were not wise enough or united enough. There are many reasons and theories why India was not a United India inspite of wealth and prosperity it enjoys before the advent of the Europeans including the British. Yes, they took off our money, our precious stones but they cannot take away our brains. It is emerging now and it should.

Since the concept of Superpower was not there in 17th Century and though India was wealthy at that time it's influence area was limited and cannot be termed Superpower at that stage. Hence, re-emerging as Superpower is uncalled for.

I absolutely agree with the thread starter, India is an emerging Superpower, a superpower from a third word is welcome because it could play a more balance power for the world, especially the world politics dominated by western power is not good for the whole world.
hunnyhiteshseth
Dragonfly wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Hi mate, I think using such bad words are not welcome by anyone and I don't think you should use here. The Europeans did come to India and conquered it when we Indians were not wise enough or united enough. There are many reasons and theories why India was not a United India inspite of wealth and prosperity it enjoys before the advent of the Europeans including the British. Yes, they took off our money, our precious stones but they cannot take away our brains. It is emerging now and it should.

Since the concept of Superpower was not there in 17th Century and though India was wealthy at that time it's influence area was limited and cannot be termed Superpower at that stage. Hence, re-emerging as Superpower is uncalled for.

I absolutely agree with the thread starter, India is an emerging Superpower, a superpower from a third word is welcome because it could play a more balance power for the world, especially the world politics dominated by western power is not good for the whole world.

Ok fine, we should not be using bad words for them. So what they treated us as slaves, we should still treat them as kings. What if they used so many inhuman things against Indians, we should just sweetly say how lucky we are that they ruled over us.

Leaving sarcasm above only, I would like to point out that concept of superpower was still there but yes, its norms were different. Then instead of calling a superpower we would had said 'superking'(sorry cant find a better term,but I hope meaning is conveyed).

If concept of superpower was not there, then what would you say about Sikander aka Alexander?
Panthrowzay
India has the bombs, but there also are really close (physically) to all the sar-religious wierdos, im all for religion but when man runs things keep god out of it to many problems.
nilsmo
India's population: 1 billion and growing
China's population: 1.3 billion and not growing
United States's population: .3 billion and growing slowly
India's government: Democracy
China's government: Dictatorship
United State's government: Democracy
India's GDP per capita*: $3300 + $350/year
China's GDP per capita*: $6,800 +$700/year (should slow later)
United State's GDP per capita*: $42,000
*(roughly meaning money per person)
Source: CIA World Factbook

By the way, Western Europe, is today like a co-superpower to the United States, with population, GDP and government comparable to the United States.

India and China's superior population and steady economic momentum make it seem a threat to North American + Western Europe power. China is worrying for the Western world, with differring political ideas: including active censorship or filtering of information in print or on the Internet. So the Western world sees India as a counterbalance, with its also large population but democratic system, to China.

And, finally, Wikipedia is awesome. Smile
mayur
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Ok fine, we should not be using bad words for them. So what they treated us as slaves, we should still treat them as kings. What if they used so many inhuman things against Indians, we should just sweetly say how lucky we are that they ruled over us.

Leaving sarcasm above only, I would like to point out that concept of superpower was still there but yes, its norms were different. Then instead of calling a superpower we would had said 'superking'(sorry cant find a better term,but I hope meaning is conveyed).

If concept of superpower was not there, then what would you say about Sikander aka Alexander?

Wel that wasn't near to sarcasm! The European regime can't exactly be called as slavery. It was just administration while making profits. They didn't ill treat people neither did we have bonded labour. I would say that they did more good than harm. Thankfully we have a democracy(so called), we speak the language better than most countries. The majority of our educated english speaking population is under 30.

Good administration and the ways of life have enabled us to now challenge others. Imagine outsourcing calls or know how to china! Tis almost impossible.

Hence I would praise the Indian growth but not at the expense of defaming anyone.
hunnyhiteshseth
Quote:

Wel that wasn't near to sarcasm! The European regime can't exactly be called as slavery. It was just administration while making profits. They didn't ill treat people neither did we have bonded labour. I would say that they did more good than harm. Thankfully we have a democracy(so called), we speak the language better than most countries. The majority of our educated english speaking population is under 30.

Good administration and the ways of life have enabled us to now challenge others. Imagine outsourcing calls or know how to china! Tis almost impossible.

Hence I would praise the Indian growth but not at the expense of defaming anyone.

They ill treated people. Indians were denied access to top jobs. Indians were thrown out of trains if they sat in their compartments.

Good? If Britain only, leave aside other europeans, give back all money, jewels etc. it took & adjusting for inflation, growth etc. , .... ,ok, there was a statistic on it, which was shocking. Since, I am not sure, I am nt going to giv it here,but I hope you get idea what I was going to say.

Outsourcing! It is a back-hand compliment. If they had not ruled, it would have been us, outsourcing jobs to other countries!

BTW, what do you do?
amol_turkhade
Hey Guys,
I Think we should discuss "Can India Become SuperPower Now !!"
I Agree That we was very Rich and Strong in Past, But that was a long ago.But what matters is what we are now ?
Does't matter why we are developing nation now,Or who was responcible ?
What matters is What WE INDIANS Can Do To Make Our Dear Nation SuperPower ?
What Do you all think ??
Indyan
It's too early to say India is an emerging super power. Lets be practical. India is becoming more influential in the global economy, but a super power ? No.
KMKM
Indyan wrote:
It's too early to say India is an emerging super power. Lets be practical. India is becoming more influential in the global economy, but a super power ? No.

Well.. maybe you are right. But i feel that Indian IS an emerging power... you see we are excelling in almost every field, you say, we are in nulear technology , computers , raw materlials.. just name it! Most of the software companies hire indian software enggineers.. microsoft, ibm etc. The thing which is preventing india to get that superpower is that most of the resources of our country are being exported outisde ..even humans . and i do not blame the people to go abroad and work. they get much more salary there than in india for the same work.. so obviously they will go out and work, and that only hinders our economic development.. but i am sure that it wont be the same in the near future.. and then MUHAHA! we are Super Power Wink

Kudos!
~KMKM
grajpotti
See INDIA is slowly emerging as a Super Power But It will take some more time As many other restrictions are imposed on this country which hinder the progress, But I hope INDIA can put away with all these and emerge AFA it can to becomr the most powerfull country ever seen,..

Every body now that in evry country you will see hard working INDIANs
Even in Microsoft There are MAny
KMKM
grajpotti wrote:
See INDIA is slowly emerging as a Super Power But It will take some more time As many other restrictions are imposed on this country which hinder the progress, But I hope INDIA can put away with all these and emerge AFA it can to becomr the most powerfull country ever seen,..

Every body now that in evry country you will see hard working INDIANs
Even in Microsoft There are MAny

That is exactly my point , we have out sources working in every country, that is a good sign but it doesnt help oureconomy. It helps the economy of other nations and that is a problem. If indian sources can work in India itself then our economy will surely get a good uplift. But lets see what happenes in the near future with india, i am sure it will be good Smile

Kudos!
~KMKM
tony
the WP article is no big surprise. Economists have been predicting this for years.
Farhad
It's true that India is becoming more influencial when it comes to Economic matters of development. Out sourcing is a booming sector because of Indian's large pool of educated labour. Great telecommunications for doing business in the flat world.

However it's not all hanky dory yet, what matters is if India can stop being a labour market and becomes a technology market which is what the US and Europe have adapted to become. Because production and human capital is good but it restricts your area of growth, there is a limited pool of out sourcing possible. I mean out sourcing in technology and services sector is great but look at things like Bhopal disaster due to United Carbide.

Currently it should be important for India to develop it's infrastructure, and reenforce it's domestic economic hassles. As even though it is economically growing in places like Mumbai and New Delhi, much of the country side remains desperately poor, so much so that there is mass immigration to Africa and the Middle East to work as minimal wage labour.

And to add, India is not a democracy its Federal republic.
hunnyhiteshseth
Panthrowzay wrote:
India has the bombs, but there also are really close (physically) to all the sar-religious wierdos, im all for religion but when man runs things keep god out of it to many problems.

listen you wierdo, India has bomb & so does US,UK,European Countries,China.
India's bombs are perhaps in most safest hands as possible & better managed than other countries. Atleast we dont supply bombs to other countries like China, nor we threaten other countries sovernity like US & Europe.
There are no religious extremists in India who can get nuclear bombs.

Farhad wrote:

And to add, India is not a democracy its Federal republic.

Man do you even know the meaning of both. India is both 'Federal Republic' as well as democracy. They both are unrelated.
the-geek
super power india...not very sure. it often struck with racial riots, bombing. remote area's people are not stisfy with the government and administration... which nuclear bombs making its people thinking of becoming a super power is in wrong calculation. pakistan has the same and none of them are balanced...
solarwind
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
I think India is not an emerging superpower, but a remerging superpower.

India before 17th century was one of the most advanced nations of the world. Some of our universities like Nalanda etc. attracted students from all over the known world at that time. So, the point is not India as an emerging superpower but India as a remerging superpower

Dude, calm down, calm down. What you say is very true, but c'mon man, Europe will soon diminish into nothing.
tidruG
OK guys, let's all be calm here. I can see signs of passion coming out in the form of some provocative statements, which could result in flaming.
tyrant
Lol, firstly every country is messed up in its own right. I honestly think US reign as a superpower is coming to an end. For too long have they monopolised and controlled the economic flow of the world.

I agree that india is more of a re-emerging superpower rather then an emerging 1. Fact is we are 1 of the oldest civillisations in the world, sanskrit and tamil are the oldest proven languages to date(correct me if i'm wrong).. damn i'm digressing.. anyway i find the term "superpower" a ridiculous title.
Every country contributes to the world's development whether it may be good or bad.

At the end of the day,the world is gonna end soon, and when we are all gone.. no one is gonna give a damn about who was who.. we live our lifes for now.
uunter
I've never been to India, and I don't know much about its internal politics or socioeconomic issues, but from the news I read, it seems inevitable that India will become a superpower within the century. The US is past its prime (but we'll be kicking for a while yet--we've got a lot of momentum!), and more and more technology jobs are going to India. India is in a good position politically, gaining support from other global powers. India has a space program, which I think is a sign of being a big player. And while I'm sure it's not an entirely representative sample, the many Indian friends I had in high school were some of the smartest, most sensible people I've known.

Some Americans might be upset about this, but I don't feel threatened at all. I think it'll be a good change for the world. Hell, I'm thinking of moving to India--and I'm an engineering student, so hopefully I'll fit right in (yeah right).

A note to hunnyhiteshseth: I hope your ire towards Europeans is limited to those who maltreated Indians in the past, and not a general hatred.
manumiglani
mayur wrote:
I would say that they did more good than harm.

Probably you like to be more of a slave without democracy. Don't worry I respect your feelings. If you want to experience their good treatment you can go to IRAQ or Afghanistan.

Well India is indeed on its way to become a superpower but the road is not that easy. With extremists neighbours with no democracy and the internal politics, corruption etc. wil prove to be a tough challenge. lets hope for the best and may be within 2-3 decades we can see a New Asian Superpower India.
Lied
First of all, China's goverment is not Dictatorship it is Communism. I hope ppl are educated enough to understant the deference.

Second of all, with no realy mean to insult India. China-Japan,Egipt,Greece where the first to be civilised, and all at a point in there history kept an expansion policy with wars.

Indians managed to gain the freedom they deserved. Whining about the luck of power of your country finding excuses about what happend 300 years ago is LAME!!!

In my case (I live in Greece) 4000 years ago we where all mighty and till the 15th sentury we kept a discent roll through the Bisantine Empire.Then Othoman Epire came and did prety much what we did in all of our history.Expand with wars. At 19th seture we managed to gain our Indipendance. BUT i am not accusing Othoman Epire about setting us back.Any Nation is able to rise and stand on its feets.

China at the start of the 20th sentury was an underdeveloped country, with its providencies being mostly fishing vilages.Now after only 100 years passed they became the No1 Country in Matterial Exports and biggest trade market.

To sum up, first learn your own incopitence to recover from what happend centuries ago and then accuse other nations.
tidruG
manumiglani wrote:
With extremists neighbours with no democracy

Not to forget that one particular neighbour that's known to sponsor cross-border terrorism and has proliferated the Nuclear secret to North Korea among other countries is a NATO ally of the United States.
manumiglani
Lied wrote:
First of all, China's goverment is not Dictatorship it is Communism. I hope ppl are educated enough to understant the deference.

Oh really!!!!! I wonder how you can't grasp that china is a Communist Dictatorship nation that crub free speech, knowledge, democracy and almost everything that gives her citizens a sense of freedom. Recent censorship of Internet in China is an example.

No one can predict exactly which one is the oldest civilization in this world. However, Indus Valley civilization is one of the oldest civilizations. Perhaps you should give a source to back what you said.

India's freedom wasn't a luck of power. Indians got the freedom they deserved and has preserved it from various surrounding dangers.

An advice from me, First learn the facts and then post.

tidruG wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
With extremists neighbours with no democracy

Not to forget that one particular neighbour that's known to sponsor cross-border terrorism and has proliferated the Nuclear secret to North Korea among other countries is a NATO ally of the United States.

Infact most of India's nuclear capable neighbours are involved in leaking nuclear technology to others. China helped Pakistan to make nuclear weapons and Pakistan is known to be the most unresponsible nuclear power providing nuclear access to other unresponsible countries as well as to terrorists.
Spe_eddy
i think China will be the most powerful country in a few years, maybe followed by USA and India and i think Britain will steadily fade away ( Sad )
hunnyhiteshseth
uunter wrote:

A note to hunnyhiteshseth: I hope your ire towards Europeans is limited to those who maltreated Indians in the past, and not a general hatred.

Yes, ofcourse. I have no offence towards the present generation who accept that their forefathers did something wrong. Infact some of my friends are in Europe. Yes, absolutely no general hatred
sujan
see
india is my neighbouring country but yet i dont think that it is a pioneer in engineering field
see u will find that in few years nepal will b top in engineering field. nepalese people have brain but there is no one to hire them so their talent is not utlized so think about it.
u will be brought down soon. r u related to engineering field

see
india is my neighbouring country but yet i dont think that it is a pioneer in engineering field
see u will find that in few years nepal will b top in engineering field. nepalese people have brain but there is no one to hire them so their talent is not utlized so think about it.
saiyeek
Maybe. Let it emerge. Let it submerge. I don't care.LOL
hunnyhiteshseth
sujan wrote:
see

see

See double posting is spam, so better remove it before any mod see it.

And, responding to what you have written I can only say: salaam shahb
manumiglani
saiyeek wrote:
Maybe. Let it emerge. Let it submerge. I don't care.LOL

then why did you care to post.....
nam_siddharth
Lied wrote:
Second of all, with no realy mean to insult India. China-Japan,Egipt,Greece where the first to be civilised, and all at a point in there history kept an expansion policy with wars.

First Chinese Civilisation 1600 BC

First Greace Civilisation Aegean civilization 2800 BC

First Indian Civilisation Indus Valley Civilization 3300 BC

Source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegean_civilization
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civilization

Original Greece civilisation is dead now, and all greece is converted to christianity. Indian civilisation is still alive with its own culture and religion.

And about Japan, It is very newly civilised country.

So, know the facts, before posting anything. Arrow