FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Digital Camera do you have ?

izcool
I'm a little interested in hearing on what other fellow FriHosters own for digital cameras. It would be nice if you could link us to a photo of your camera.

For me, I went with the basic (a Kodak EasyShare C300), because I don't much use my camera for heavy photography uses, I just use it to take my general pictures. It does me OK, because it saves to my 1GB SD card (which I got at MicroCenter for an unbelievable price, $30.00 !) where I can plug it into my computer's card reader and download through Windows Explorer, instead of through the Kodak software that came bundled with the camera.

Photos of my Kodak EasyShare C300 : http://mr-3769.v-mirror.spb.ru/wwwporta/mimages/17606b.jpg
(I don't own that docking station, just the camera).

I do intend on moving up a step on cameras if I ever so desire to get something better, for if I really need it. For now, I'm happy with what I bought for $100.00 at Circuit City. 3.2MP is fine enough for me.

- Mike.
DoctorBeaver
I've got 3 - a little Phillips "stick" camera that fits in my top pocket, a Sony 5Mpx, and a Canon EOS. I also have Sony & Canon digital video cameras.
CanadianGeek
I've got an Argus DC-1510. It's definitely not the best. Got it for 50 CAD so it's about as cheap as digital cameras come, particularly where I live.

I don't recommend buying one of those cameras unless it's all you can afford.
alkady
Some Olympus Camera that dates from the Early Digital Camera Revolution when they first started coming out. I never use it but, Izcool I noticed you use your digital camera alot judging by all the pics you take and post on Frihost.
puredazzle
I've got a pentax ist* DL. Its very nice, and very cheap. The bad things is that it's hard to find new objectives to it. But you can easily find old objectives on the net.

Here is a picture taken with the camera: http://christoffer.frac.dk/it%20never%20entered%20my%20mind/IMGP0515.JPG

Its 6,something pix.

Good luck!
izcool
alkady wrote:
Some Olympus Camera that dates from the Early Digital Camera Revolution when they first started coming out. I never use it but, Izcool I noticed you use your digital camera alot judging by all the pics you take and post on Frihost.

Do I really ? I don't pay much attention to that lol, so I guess I do use it regularly.

- Mike.
bigdbag
I recently purchase a sony cyber-shot DSC-T7 for $380. It's quite a good camera and the main reason I bought it was because of its size. It's sooo thin and small. If you've got the money (or if u waste money on high-end electronics cuz its ur passion like me), get a cybershot. They're good.
hrtorrent
I have Sony Cybershot P72, 3.2 megapixel digital photo. I have it for two years and I'm satisified, but memory cards are expensive...
test32rota
I have Canon Powershot G5, good but may be I don't need all the features...

PS: somebody knows any site with posibility to find pictures taken by specific camera ?
albusa
samsung, and nikon pixmax 3300
tefa_taftaf2010
i dont have any one yet

but i'll get one soon ( very soon )

but i heard sony is the best

is that right?
jwellsy
I have a Canon Powershot S1 which has been replaced by the S2.
They have great optical and digital zooms, very common memory media,
and best of all they use rechargeable AA batteries.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=11368
Rocky3478
I have a Nikon D70 DSLR, http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/, and here's a few pictures that I've taken with it! Smile

I'm really enjoying learning how to use it! Very Happy
Tvis
I have just bought a Samsung PMP digimax i6...to me it is a wonderful camera. It plays MP3 songs, has a 45MB intern, but with SD card you can get a lot more out of it. The videos it makes are incredible, couldn't believe what I saw. The pictures are great also. But most important for me was that it is a light, thin camera with a great design.

http://www.quesabesde.com/camdig/productos/cam1910i.asp

Important things for me are light weight, fast chargeable, longtime use on battery. Easy to use, and the fact it doesn't have a moveable lens, or like the Sony's; the lens protection...things that easy start malfunctioning or even break off...

I'm really happy with it...
photon
a canon a85. 4mp has some decent settings. since im not a advanced photographer, it suits my need best. have had no complaints what so ever
ibay
I have recently got this Cyber-shot DSC-T9 Digital CameraspacerDSC-T9, this was gifted to me by a relative from abroad. I haven't used this camera much, so I can't tell about all its features. However I would like to write down some of its features here which I have taken from Web.

Description:
About the size of a credit card, the amazing 6.0 megapixel Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9 combines Super SteadyShot® Optical Image Stabilization, high ISO sensitivity and Clear RAW Noise Reduction to give you bright, beautiful indoor shots that preserve the mood of your memories. An extra-large 2.51 LCD screen lets you share entertaining Slide Shows with music background. You’ll also have precision Carl Zeiss 3X Optical/6X Digital zoom lens, 58 MB2 Internal Memory, high-stamina InfoLithium battery for up to 2403 shots, and optional Cyber-shot Station cradle for quick hookup to PC, TV, AC power.

Styling
The stainless metallic finish is a knockout -- and its 5/8” thickness makes the DSC-T9 an amazing demonstration of Sony’s ability to combine high-tech performance features in ultra-compact dimensions.

6.0 Megapixel Super HAD CCD
It’s another step up in megapixel performance, giving each photo greater detail when you make large prints and post photos on the Internet -- with Sony’s advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD design that allow more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.

Image Stabilization
Sony’s Super SteadyShot system uses sensors to detect camera movement while it sends correcting signals in order to stabilize the lens. This system results in the reduction of image blur and camera shake when shooting in low light.

Shoot Without Flash
Why ruin the mood by using a flash? Along with Sony’s Super SteadyShot system, you’ll have higher ISO sensitivity for bright indoor scenes, even in very low light -- plus Sony’s Clear RAW Noise Reduction system to counter the picture noise traditionally associated with high ISO.

Zoom
An ingenious folding optical path provides 3X Optical Zoom capability in amazingly compact camera dimensions -- and Sony’s precision 2X Digital Zoom lets you zoom in on a subject without creating jagged edges.

Capture Images In-Camera
With 58 MB1 Internal Memory, the DSC-T9 allows you to shoot photos without a flash memory card -- then transfer your images to Memory Stick Duo media, upload to your computer or make prints on your digital printer.

Adjustable Clear Photo LCD Plus Screen
With its Clear Photo LCD Plus design, the DSC-T9’s big, bright 2.5”2 screen raises the standard for built-in, on-screen picture viewing -- and gives you adjustable brightness to images look better even in bright sunlight.

Slide Show with Music Playback
The DSC-T9 lets you view in-camera images in Slide Show sequence, with one-button operation, selectable transition effects and up to four music background tracks that make it more entertaining to share your memories with family and friends. You can even use supplied Picture Package Music Transfer software to add your own favorite music.

MPEG Movie VX Fine Modes
Captures VGA (640 x 480) high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second) audio/video clips with length limited only by the capacity of the media. Video mail mode captures smaller file sizes suitable for email.

Battery
A supplied NP-FT1 InfoLithium rechargeable battery lets you shoot up to 2404 pictures, recharges quickly and easily with no “memory effect,” and shows you how much shooting time remains.

13X Smart Zoom Feature
The Cyber-shot DSC-T9 gives you Sony’s 13X Smart Zoom feature to zoom in on your subject.

Optional Cyber-shot Station Cradle
For fast, no-hassle hookup, the DSC-T9 snaps into an optional, compatible Cyber-shot Station™ cradle with USB connector for your PC, TV connector for viewing images on large screens, AC power input for recharging your InfoLithium battery.

Real Imaging Processor LSI
To improve camera response and extend battery life, Sony’s Real Imaging Processor LSI (Large Scale Integrated) circuit decreases shutter lag, improves picture quality and clarity, and increases battery stamina.

Memory Stick Duo Media
The DSC-T9 has a built-in slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media that provides ultra-compact, high-capacity shooting and recording.
Tumbleweed
I have a Olympus c-4040z and a Canon EOS 20D , both are decent cameras, heres a shot from the 20D

Xcelerate
I have a Kodak DC3200. It came with the computer, 1.0 megapixel, but it's all I need! Very Happy
kiranaghor
I have a Canon PowerShot S 400. 4X optical zoom and 3.2X lense. The only thing I did not like about is its not slim.
cavey
I have Canon PowerShot S60. It's maybe a little bit to big, but I'm happy with it. It takes nice pictures.

I would post photos here, but I'm not as good photographer as you guys! Guess I need some more practice :)

Link to pictures and info here: http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss60/index-e.html
Donutey
Fuji S3100, It's got a nice built in 6x optical zoom, and takes pretty good pictures:

http://www.donutey.frihost.net/spring.php
photographerguy
I have a Nikon D70. I love it. The best part of the Nikon and Canon digital SLR's is that you can use lenses from the complete (almost) line.

I own all Nikon stuff, (so I can't speak for Canon), but I can put any Nikon lens on my D70 or my 35mm film camera. It's nice to be able to use different lenses on both cameras.

I'm saving up for a D200. I plan on buying it when (hopefully) I get more paying photo jobs.
mercurial
Mine's a canon powershot A95 5.0MP..

takes rather good photos for someone amateur like me so i still find the photo quality rather satisfactory..
DEViANCE
i dont have one lol
poor me haha
mw91
i have a sony cybershot dsc t-1 5mp and my sony ericsson k800i cybershot phone 3.2mp
william
I have a Nikon Coolpix. It's a 4 megapixel camera, and I got it for a decent price. It's fine, for now. I may upgrade later on.
bryanbel
I only got a 1.3 megapixel camera phone. Motorola E398, it is very handy but picture quality is not that gud.
bigdan
I've got a Kodak C330 Zoom 4 megapixel camera, and a rather crappy camera on my mobile phone (Sagem MyC5-v)...I don't use that one much Razz
angelussum
I have a canon powershot... not sure which one, but it suits my needs.
Gundamxxg
I am currently packing a Canon EOS rebel XT.

It's definitely a nice camera and has a lot of awesome features to it. But there is always room for improvement.