FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Magic School Bus

izcool
Hey everyone,

I've been looking through some of my old things in the garage and found my small collection of Magic School Bus video tapes and books. I watched the videos today and read most of the books this evening, and it brought back a lot of memories from years ago when I watched them on TV all the time.

Is anyone else here into the Magic School Bus ? It made science interesting and fun, plus Mrs. Frizzle is the teacher I wish I had for school.

I've read online that the show is still on TLC, but early in the morning. I'll definately have to wake up early one day and watch it to verify. Razz

Comments welcome. Smile

This is my small collection :

- Mike.
Tatsumaru
Haha I used to watch that show also. I prefered the X-men cartoon and the like though. Whenever I hear that opening tune I have great flashbacks Cool

Nice nostalgic collection.
meet in rio
Aw, man. I used to watch that.

Bill Nye the Science Guy, too (those songs were brilliant).

I loved that one where they went to explore the solar system, and the other one where they were eaten by that red-haired kid with glasses.

Yay for Miss Fizzle.
snowboardude
aww man, brings back such awesome memories of like grade 4 nd stuff.

ps. tatsumaru, whats ure avatar?
alkady
That was a while ago, I havent watched that show in ages. Actually I finally remember now that the Teacher's Name was Ms. Frizzle, I always was breaking my head to remember, I was always like, Something with a F, Was it Ms. Fridda or something.
thiamshui
I used to watch the show, read the books and play the games (in a Children's Library) when I was young.. It indeed makes learning fun and interesting..

Very memorable indeed.. Sometimes, it is fun to reminsce about our childhood.. When we were young, we had lots of dreams about the world around us.. However, as we grow up, we become more 'realistic' and tend to look at life more seriously..
intekmdma
This is old school! what happened to it anyway? I just remembered it was a great learning experience without actually thinking your learning something!
izcool
meet in rio wrote:
Aw, man. I used to watch that.

Bill Nye the Science Guy, too (those songs were brilliant).

I loved that one where they went to explore the solar system, and the other one where they were eaten by that red-haired kid with glasses.

Yay for Miss Fizzle.

Thanks for bringing Bill Nye up. I loved that show too, but it's a shame I cannot find it anywhere any longer. A few of my science teachers had tapes of some of his shows and played them during class, if they were on topic. Also vintage. Very Happy In the Magic School Bus, I think the kid you're referring to was named Arnold. "I should have stayed home today !!".

- Mike.
hrtorrent
Cool!
Save them for your children!
Laughing
myrevolt
I remember this one episode where one of the male students ate some cheeto-like chips (I think they exist in real life under a different name) and he turned orange! It was an extreme example of "you are what you eat" Wink
izcool
myrevolt wrote:
I remember this one episode where one of the male students ate some cheeto-like chips (I think they exist in real life under a different name) and he turned orange! It was an extreme example of "you are what you eat" Wink

I like the Cheetos Puffs snacks that they make, and I think that's what they're resembling. Cheetos Puffs maybe ? Augh my goodness, the deliciousness in that !!

I do remember that happening, but I cannot recall what episode it was in lol.

- Mike.
Mithrandir
I loved (and still do) the Magic School bus. I learned a ton of things from it and think about it all the time. I'm a visual learner and it totally made it fun for me to learn!
Lamirande
Woaaah you actually looked at all of them and took pics of them?

its cool that it brings back memories and all but didnt' that take like.... along time?
nilsmo
I remember Magic School Bus! I used to watch that and had the Out of This World book. Smile
Mithrandir
I also liked to read the books, I still have a couple all these years later!
dacopenhagen
dude i so used to be into magic school bus
Balthamos
Loved to watch that show when I was little. Now in my physics class, we point out everything they did wrong. Pretty funny, but sometimes some of the episodes are surprisingly accurate.

~Balthamos
Tatsumaru
snowboardude wrote:

ps. tatsumaru, whats ure avatar?

It's the founder of the finnish metalband Wintersun, one of my favorite bands. This is a pretty cool shot of him being all sinister and cold-like Very Happy
bdoneck
i used to love that show, i definately learned a lot and had fun learning it. the magic school bus had so many cool tricks it made me wish i had a teacher and a bus like that. of course, that never happened
heady233
thiamshui wrote:
I used to watch the show, read the books and play the games (in a Children's Library) when I was young.. It indeed makes learning fun and interesting..

Very memorable indeed.. Sometimes, it is fun to reminsce about our childhood.. When we were young, we had lots of dreams about the world around us.. However, as we grow up, we become more 'realistic' and tend to look at life more seriously..
I'm still young, and I feel like a baby compared to everyone else here. (except for TeenZine, who makes me feel like I'm 73 years old compared to him) But, the last time I watched the magic school bus was 1/4 into the year, when we watched it in school.
Ellosha
I loved the magic school bus when I was little. Interestingly enough, my mom enjoyed it more than my sister or I did. We had most of the books available, though I'm not sure what happened to them over the years.

Either way, both the show and the books were entertaining, especially because they were educational as well. I remember on vacation a few years ago stumbling across an episode of it, and choosing to leave a half-hour later for our plans in order to watch it.
Jeslyn
Yep, it still comes on TLC but only during the last fifteen minutes. The first fifteen minutes are usually about a talking papar cut out penguin.
darvit
I remember that show! Smile Used to watch that all the time, as a kid. Laughing

I remember this one episode where they created rain or something.. The shows were all cool. It's good that the people behind it didn't do a remake of that show--you know, character redesign etc--because that would ruin the memories.

[I also remember watching "Arthur" right after the "Magic School Bus" Razz ]
cfackler
I also used to watch the show all the time as a kid. I loved when the bus would change shapes and go somewhere to explore the unknown (to the kids in the class). One of my favorite episodes was the one with the human body. It reminded me of the Body Tours ride in disney, where you travel through the human body in virtual reality.
seanooi
the only thing i know about the magic school bus is this interactive CD I used to play when i was young. My brother and I loved it but we didn't know that they even had videos on it. Shocked
php_wizard_l33t
I used to watch the Magic School Bus everyday before I went to school. It made science fun to learn, and it was easy. No annoying teachers to talk to, eh? Mrs. Frizzle was so awesome, I wanted her as my teacher. Oh, childhood memories.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ItsWesley
I remember that show!
I used to watch it most days before I went to school, it was great.
Alpha Dude
Whoa, I'd forgotten completely about that show! I used to get up early in the mornings to watch these kind of things... I don't really remember any of the themes though... Sad
a.Bird
I liked how the bus would turn into insects and stuff. The best episode was when the ginger kid ate the school bus and they traveled through his system, discovering amazing things about human innards.

On a side note, my dad went to school with bill nye. Science rules.
Jeslyn
Quote:
[I also remember watching "Arthur" right after the "Magic School Bus" Razz ]
Argh! I love[d] arthur. They still have new episodes of Arthur on PBS... the only difference is Arthur's voice sounds higher, so I suppose they got a new voice actor, but everyone else sounds the same.
izcool
a.Bird wrote:
I liked how the bus would turn into insects and stuff. The best episode was when the ginger kid ate the school bus and they traveled through his system, discovering amazing things about human innards.

On a side note, my dad went to school with bill nye. Science rules.

That's one of the tapes I have. Very Happy Makes me want to watch it now since it's actually been like a few weeks since I last did.

- Mike.
eqfan
I used to watch that.