FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


ftp connection problem





linexpert
Hi,
I have read the other posts on ftp errors but none of the other solutions worked for me.
In the other thread the admin suggested to use FileZilla so i tried that after smartftp and leapftp failed.

Here is the error that i get:
Quote:
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (5 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (4 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (3 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (2 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (1 retry left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!


i used experts.frih.net as my address and ther username and password and port 21. I also tried ftp.experts.frih.net and that didn't work either.

can someone please suggest something? Rolling Eyes
Scorpio
linexpert wrote:
Hi,
I have read the other posts on ftp errors but none of the other solutions worked for me.
In the other thread the admin suggested to use FileZilla so i tried that after smartftp and leapftp failed.

Here is the error that i get:
Quote:
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (5 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (4 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (3 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (2 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (1 retry left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!


i used experts.frih.net as my address and ther username and password and port 21. I also tried ftp.experts.frih.net and that didn't work either.

can someone please suggest something? Rolling Eyes


you should use the directadmin username and password, not the forum user name and password

Thats all i can think of right now..
selim06
create a new FTP account and try it again if it doesn't works Bondings can solve this problem I think!
linexpert
i am using the same username and password that i use on http://cp.frih.net/

they both works on http://cp.frih.net/ but not for the ftp Sad

As for making a new ftp account i went to the cp.frih.net and logged in. Next i clicked on ftp management and then new account. When i put in the username and password and click create is takes me to a page that says "Error: document not found"
wumingsden
linexpert wrote:
i am using the same username and password that i use on http://cp.frih.net/

they both works on http://cp.frih.net/ but not for the ftp Sad

As for making a new ftp account i went to the cp.frih.net and logged in. Next i clicked on ftp management and then new account. When i put in the username and password and click create is takes me to a page that says "Error: document not found"


Try loggin into your FTP account at www.web2ftp.com - if you can then the problem is with your firewall.
Scorpio
linexpert wrote:
i am using the same username and password that i use on http://cp.frih.net/

they both works on http://cp.frih.net/ but not for the ftp Sad

As for making a new ftp account i went to the cp.frih.net and logged in. Next i clicked on ftp management and then new account. When i put in the username and password and click create is takes me to a page that says "Error: document not found"


For creating the new FTP account thingy, try logging into your DA account through one of these

http://www.frih.net:2222

or

http://yoursite.frih.net/config
linexpert
i am able to logon from www.web2ftp.com but when i goto http://www.frih.net:2222/ i get an problem loading page error. Maybe my zonealarm is messing with it. I don't want to completely disable zonealarm how do i just open up certain ports?
linexpert
update: i turned off my zone alarm firewalls but it still didn't work. I know that my windows firewalls are blocking it but don't know how to turn them off. Any help? Just so you know i don't have sp2
SpellcasterDX
If you're using FileZilla, the url you're supposed to use is ftp.experts.frih.net then put in your DA Name and DA Password and Port 21. See if that works.
linexpert
Quote:
Status: Connecting to ftp.experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (5 retries left)
Status: Connecting to ftp.experts.frih.net ...


that's the error i get
SpellcasterDX
Hmm. Well, I use the prefix "ftp" when I use FileZilla to connect and upload my files.
The url of my site is sdx.frih.net, so I use ftp.sdx.frih.net to connect. I'm afraid I don't know what's wrong then.
linexpert
I booted linux and used a client while in linux. It all works fine now i just need to figure out how to disable the windows firewall. Since i don't have sp2 i don't know where the option is located.
wumingsden
linexpert wrote:
I booted linux and used a client while in linux. It all works fine now i just need to figure out how to disable the windows firewall. Since i don't have sp2 i don't know where the option is located.


Quote:
Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1
Note A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or by malicious software. Malicious software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic to attack your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To do this, follow these steps:1. In Control Panel, double-click Networking and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
2. Right-click the connection on which you want to disable ICF, and then click Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Protect my computer or network check box.

Disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2
Note A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or by malicious software. Malicious software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic to attack your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;q283673
linexpert
thanks
I'll try it as soon as i get home Very Happy
linexpert
I disabled all the firewalls and it still doesn't work. It connects to other ftps it's just this one that won't connect.
picsite
linexpert wrote:
Hi,
I have read the other posts on ftp errors but none of the other solutions worked for me.
In the other thread the admin suggested to use FileZilla so i tried that after smartftp and leapftp failed.

Here is the error that i get:
Quote:
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (5 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (4 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (3 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (2 retries left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!
Status: Waiting to retry... (1 retry left)
Status: Connecting to experts.frih.net ...
Error: Unable to connect!


i used experts.frih.net as my address and ther username and password and port 21. I also tried ftp.experts.frih.net and that didn't work either.

can someone please suggest something? Rolling Eyes


have you tried cuteftp from globalscape?
Related topics
keeping FTP connection trough session.
MySQL Masters Binary Logs & Replication?
FTP Help, Still
.htaccess and FTP
Do you know any useful way ?
Problem with tar.gz files
FTP Login Problem..
Connection Problem
FTP upload problem
FTP / FileZilla problem
Issue connecting to my account via FTP/Filezilla
Laptop power problem
FTP connection problems - solved
About FTP
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.