FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Reseller Survey

alkady
Okay heres the funny thing. You've may have heard that I'm getting into business with my older Brother and he recommended me to pay for web hosting and all that.

But as the person that I am, I wanted to register a web site with all of the endings. .com, .ca., .info ect.

But where still in the planning stage. So it's not offical. But I'm doing a survey so let me explain.

I found this company willing to sell me for a one time $100 Fee in CDN dollars, A Web Hosting Reseller Package with 100 GB Space, 1 TB in Bandwidth and unrestricted control.

So heres the point, I want to buy a domain name with all the endings .com. .ca well you get the point.

If you or me where to buy these domains individualy, The price would be $11 CDN or the American Equivalent. (Depending on the provider)

But I was told by the owner that if I buy 20 Domain Credits at $100.00 (A Bulk Purchase) I'd be paying $5 per Domain, $1.50 for each .info domain.

But to keep it on budget, I'd need some extra people to chip in to get their cheap domain.

So my question is, If I ever put them up for grabs, Would you be interested in procuring your own discounted domains? The price is $5 CDN per domain and the renewal is the same. I'd also throw in some free space since I'm not going to pay monthly.

EDIT:
The cost are in Canadian Dollars, So $5.00/CDN is about $4.48/USD

PSSSTTT...If you live in England, The cost is around $2.43 in British Pound.

The Web Site is www.inxangoo.com
Vrythramax
something to consider as additional income without selling your own name(s) is to also become a domain reseller for another registrar such as Godaddy or another company, as well as doing your own hosting. You would not have to buy names in bulk, simply buy them on an "as needed" (or ordered) basis from the registrar and resell at your own rate.

The prices you have outlined are very resonable, but shop around anyway Wink

Just something to think about.
alkady
The problem with buying on a "As Needed Basis" is I have to pay more, As a Reseller I wouldnt have to pay $11.00/CDN like most customers would, But if I buy per registration, It's $9.00/CDN (Not a Bulk Purchase)
izcool
I wish you the best of luck with what you're doing. You're going to spend a fortune on all of the domain names though, because of how many there actually are. These are 4 pages that are in my Microsoft Internet & Networking Dictionary on the list of the TLD's.

- Mike.
Bondings
Alkady, you didn't mention the website in question so I can't really comment on that, but something smells fishy in that offer.

First of all, that price is very low if it would be a monthly charge (depending on other specifics). A one time fee is unheard of. I would definately check this as it really sounds like a scam.

About the domains, the 5$ also seems rather impossible to offer as a normal domain costs 6.25$ to the registrar in fees. Of course they might be selling them with a loss, but I doubt it. The .info domains are a different case though.
Vrythramax
alkady wrote:
The problem with buying on a "As Needed Basis" is I have to pay more, As a Reseller I wouldnt have to pay $11.00/CDN like most customers would, But if I buy per registration, It's $9.00/CDN (Not a Bulk Purchase)

I think you missed my point....this was something you could add to your hosting features after you bulk purchase the names you are going to use. Sorry if I didn't clarify that...I was only suggesting an additional source of income for your future endevour Smile
alkady
The site is http://www.inxangoo.com/ They've been in business for over 8 Years and have 3 Datacenters. Oh Bondings, Most importanly, I hope you converted the currency because I stated them in Canadian Figures.

izcool wrote:
I wish you the best of luck with what you're doing. You're going to spend a fortune on all of the domain names though, because of how many there actually are. These are 4 pages that are in my Microsoft Internet & Networking Dictionary on the list of the TLD's.

- Mike.

Crud, Thats alot of links. Good thing is I'm not planning to buy all 4 pages of links since I'm on a limited budget as mentioned above. I plan to get the .com, .ca, .biz, .org., .info & .net

Plus I'll never get my hands on the military link and the government link.