FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favourite quote/saying?

hack_man_
What is your favourite quote or saying? What words shape your life?

My words are "Dare to be Different"
jobzunlimited
I am the Best
Live and LEt Live
Once a friend Always a friend.
Money Is not every thing in life... so just pass it on to me.
Hey no hard feelings man
oh shit
HoboPelican
I got lots of 'em.

Today it is

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Saber
Quote:
The past is but the beginning of a beginning, and all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn. -- H G Wells

Thats the one for me,
HoboPelican
Saber wrote:
Quote:
The past is but the beginning of a beginning, and all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn. -- H G Wells

Thats the one for me,

That's pretty optimistic, I like it. What's it from? Sounds like "The Time Machine".
joxang
Ooo there's so many....anything with sarcasm in it is wonderful. But geeky humour is also good.

"Don't drink water, fish have sex in it"

"That's like dropping you into the middle of the vietnam war with a stick and a fork."

"You'll drink to changing the batteries in your smoke detector!...Which is quite important, don't get me wrong, but not really a drinkable occurance."

and, the timeless classic:

"There was a young vampire named mabel,
Whose periods were really quite stable,
and every full moon,
she'd get out a spoon,
and drink herself under the table."
hexkid
hack_man_ wrote:
What is your favourite quote or saying? What words shape your life?

Hakuna Matata
izcool
My favorite is :

"I'm standing 2 feet from the edge. I realize that 2 feet isn't that far down".

If you wanted a geeky one, here's another one of my favorites :

"There are only 10 different types of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who cannot".

- Mike.
CyanEyed
"Lyf's Hard...Then Itz Over"
-Heard It On TV

"If My Theories Of Relativities Are Correct, The French Will Say I Am A Citizen Of The World And The Germans Will Say I Am A German. If They Are Incorrect, The French Will Say I Am A German And The Germans Will Say I Am A Jew"
-Albert Einstien

"A Crush Can Break Ur Heart But A Love Can Shatter Ur Soul"
-My Sig (Created By Me)
FerSx
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
alkady
Anyway!!!!!

Martini, Shaken and not Stired.

I want this to be a bounty hunt, So get your guns out of your closet and open the hunting season.
Soulfire
"Nobody dies a virgin because life screws us all" - Okay, so not really, but I thought it was funny.

True quote to live by:

"Carpe Diem" or "Sieze the Day". It's important to sieze each and every day, because you don't know when your last day will be.
jveezy
You can look the other way once, and it's no big deal, except it makes it easier for you to compromise the next time, and pretty soon that's all your doing; compromising, because that's the way you think things are done. You know those guys I busted? You think they were the bad guys? Because they weren't, they weren't bad guys, they were just like you and me. Except they compromised... Once.

-Jack Bauer: 24 Season 1

"I believe all God's creatures have a soul...except bears--bears are godless killing machines!"

"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions"

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and you're stupid for saying it."

-Stephen Colbert
webbers
"You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough."
mafia3
There is no problem in the Nature, only the problem is in the Mind
Sappho
Gosh there is so many of them, but let me write down atleast some Smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." - Voltaire

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

"If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new." - Voltaire

"I don't hate God its his fanclub i can't stand." - Unknown

"Excellence knows no gender." - Unknown

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." - Westley (The Princess Bride)

Ok, i should stop, maybe i will add more later Wink Anyway i think its pretty easy to spot that Voltaire is one of my favourites.
roadruner
life's a beach Smile
Sukozu
"When the shit hits the fan"
Ms.Pseudo
This is a translation from Finnish, so I don't know how fluent this is, but my favourite quote is "If you don't like footprints on your face, stop lying on the floor".

Sometimes people are just whining about things and they don't do anything to improve their life.

Other quote I also use quite a lot, is "Join the club", when people are also whining about something. I try to make them see, that there are also other people that have same kind of difficulties, and they are not alone with their problems.

Ofcourse I have to be careful to whom and when I say those things, so those quotes don't seem insulting or cold.
mtoni
Naomi spelled backwards is I moan
meet in rio
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again; then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. --WC Fields.

Who, by worrying, can add a single year to his life? --Somewhere in one of the gospels...
Diddyman
Mine is Life is short and hard... Just like a body building Elf.. Just like the signature says... Laughing
fofoo
"simplicity is better than complexity"

check this -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
Helios
"Carpe diem".
AftershockVibe
Quote:

"Do you think I should wash my beard?"

"I think you should, yeah. You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow."
joxang
AftershockVibe wrote:
Quote:

"Do you think I should wash my beard?"

"I think you should, yeah. You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow."

Aftershockvibe? Weren't you on webdiscussion.net before it disappeared into nothingness?
AftershockVibe
joxang wrote:
Aftershockvibe? Weren't you on webdiscussion.net before it disappeared into nothingness?

Sure was! Nice to see you Joxang! Anyway... should probably not highjack this thread. Drop me a PM if you like otherwise I'm sure I'll see you skulking around Laughing

Another quote!
Quote:
'Absolutum obsoletum. (If it works, it's out of date.)'
Jaiye
"get naked"

It's a way of life.
alkady
Helios wrote:
"Carpe diem".

I forgot about that one, I think I've must have said it a few times on frihost.
Mithrandir
One of my favorite teachers always said, "Ideas have consequences" and its something that I always keep in mind.
dwcnps
"I love a happy medium"