FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to delete something in cpanel?

engeland
I have a 15mb forum on my account which i rarely use now. I would like to delete it. I installed it using fantastico and updated the versions manually. Can someone teach me how to delete my forum? Confused
Bockman
can't you use the remove option from Fantastico (in the forum you installed you have the instalations you made).

It may not work since you upgraded it manually. but i think the other option is to wipe it out manually (through ftp or file manager). this would leave your instalation in Fantastico hung, but no real damage to your hosting.

Be Well Cool
Schmarvin
Well, when I did something close to that, I just deleted the forum folder, then I deleted the databases. After that I went into Fantastico and then I went to the forum I installed. It usually says it cant be found. But, I just click the remove button and everything is fixed and gone.

I hope this helps.
engeland
ok i have a problem

how do you delete the databases? Confused
Bondings
engeland wrote:
ok i have a problem

how do you delete the databases? Confused

There is a mysql page in your cpanel. On that page, there should be a delete button next to every database. Just be sure to choose the right database.
engeland
Bondings wrote:

There is a mysql page in your cpanel. On that page, there should be a delete button next to every database. Just be sure to choose the right database.

ok, one of my databases sez '(myusername)_phpb1'
that should be the forum database ryt?
Bondings
engeland wrote:
Bondings wrote:

ok, one of my databases sez '(myusername)_phpb1'
that should be the forum database ryt?

That seems like a phpbb database. Unless you have several phpBB forums installed, that is indeed the right one.
engeland
that's an answer to my problems. thanx for the help. you can close this topic now Wink