FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Toolbars

Tony The Tiger
Something erased my bookmarks, my firefox searchengine dropdown menu, my links, and added a googlebar options toolbar. I don't know how this happened. Fortunately, I have something running that backs up my bookmarks daily and I was able to recreate my bookmarks and links. I don't know how to get rid of the googlebar options toolbar. More importantly, I don't not know if my firefox dropdown searchbar menu is stored somewhere that I can restore. Please advise.
selim06
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Something erased my bookmarks, my firefox searchengine dropdown menu, my links, and added a googlebar options toolbar. I don't know how this happened. Fortunately, I have something running that backs up my bookmarks daily and I was able to recreate my bookmarks and links. I don't know how to get rid of the googlebar options toolbar. More importantly, I don't not know if my firefox dropdown searchbar menu is stored somewhere that I can restore. Please advise.

First:
Look the top of the page so you can see File-Edit-View-Go...Click Tools or press "T" so choose Add-ons..A menu will come so find Google Toolbar and right click on it.So Cilick "disable" link.It may solve your problem.
Tony The Tiger
selim06 wrote:
First:
Look the top of the page so you can see File-Edit-View-Go...Click Tools or press "T" so choose Add-ons..A menu will come so find Google Toolbar and right click on it.So Cilick "disable" link.It may solve your problem.

In Firefox, I have no add-ons in the tools drop down menu. I have getton it disabled now though. I am still looking for the location of my firefox searchbar file. Any clues?
kernel_geek
You should be able to right click the bar that it is on ... and hopefully a checklist will come down, just untick google toolbar. ( I am not sure but give it a try...)
LethcanAernis
Do you run FireFox in Windows?
Go to your Windows profile and application data and in FireFox copy your profile and rename it.. FireFoix will create a new profile.. put in your book marks and the files you copied and start froma fresh one with no toolsbars etc.