FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

comments on design/layout

ignition
http://amhs.frihost.net/

apparently my users don't like it too much. any suggestions? oh and don't look for any "content" because there isn't any really...except for the forums which are private.

edit - oh and i'm not exactly "advertising" this site since i do not really want any of you visiting, i just figured this was a better forum for it than general discussion. i would like tips/suggestions that would make the layout more appealing however. in my eyes it is attractive, but apparently others think a lot differently than me. i guess you grow attached to something when you spend a while working on it, no matter how good or bad it looks.
Dark-Tech
i like the layout and the "new" blue color scheme and as far as attatchment to things tat others don't like and are truly bad you will just need a bad memory so you can forget things quickly it nice cause i don't get excited easily nor do i feel like im under any pressure - though it also causes you to have to relearn everything - but the site is good i like it
ignition
^i don't really care too much what others think of it (bad memories, wth? lol), though i would like to hear some comments on how to improve. as for the site, yeah i also think the second iteration (blue) is better than the first (which was a mess of orange and red). thanks for commenting though!
warallthetm
I like the blue one the most. The orange one looks like someone threw up orange sports drink. Any way, I would love to do a link swap with you
engeland
wow, what a nice layout...

it suits your site very well. you designed the layout all by yourself?
ignition
warallthetm wrote:
I like the blue one the most. The orange one looks like someone threw up orange sports drink. Any way, I would love to do a link swap with you

heh - apparently others thought the same as you about the orange, so i redid it in blue and took a bunch of the random things out of it. as for your offer, i'm not interested in "advertising" my site in any way so i gotta deny that link swap with you, though your site is certainly pretty cool. thanks for the offer regardless.
engeland wrote:
wow, what a nice layout...

it suits your site very well. you designed the layout all by yourself?

yep - thanks =)
iskanderbenamor
ignition wrote:
http://amhs.frihost.net/

apparently my users don't like it too much. any suggestions? oh and don't look for any "content" because there isn't any really...except for the forums which are private.

edit - oh and i'm not exactly "advertising" this site since i do not really want any of you visiting, i just figured this was a better forum for it than general discussion. i would like tips/suggestions that would make the layout more appealing however. in my eyes it is attractive, but apparently others think a lot differently than me. i guess you grow attached to something when you spend a while working on it, no matter how good or bad it looks.

I love the colours! and the torn paper look works really well. good job on the banner too!