FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I admit my guilty music pleasure... Yer turn

S3nd K3ys
Celtic Women.

I typically try to play 'mellow' stuff when the family's over; Morcheeba, Peter Murphy, Kenny G. blah blah efn' blah.

Yesterday I threw in the Celtic Women and scored points with the father in law.. Shocked

Of course, the neices and nefews thought I had gone completely off the deep end... Rolling Eyes

:edit:

By "guilt" I mean something you typically wouldn't listen to around your 'friends'. Wink
skullflower
Surprised I admit my guilty pleasure all the time. That would be the Spill Canvas. Probably the most 'emo' band out there because it's mostly acoustic love songs. Oh well, it's a nice break. Plus it's perfect for "romantic" moments with my girlfriend, Wink
Allweareisair
.......hair metal
vexation
skullflower wrote:
I admit my guilty pleasure all the time. That would be the Spill Canvas. Probably the most 'emo' band out there because it's mostly acoustic love songs. Oh well, it's a nice break. Plus it's perfect for "romantic" moments with my girlfriend,

I'm listening to The Spill Canvas right now, not really a "guilty pleasure" for me...Well, they are in the fact that they're the somewhat whiny band but they are pretty catchy

I don't know...There's this really catchy song on the radio with ridiculously sexual and stupid lyrics that for some reason I like...I don't even know who it's by or what its called
rightclickscott
I have at times been known to listen to J-Pop and classical music, as well as Jazz sometimes. However, Jazz is pretty goddamn awsome.
CrimsonStrange
Listening to Italian opera... very loudly... whilst doing housework.
S3nd K3ys
You are missing the point. The music you typically listen to is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the music you hear once in a while and are 'tapping your foot' on the inside and 'laughing and pointing' on the outside (like I do with country music).

The music you don't want to admit TO YOUR FRIENDS that you enjoy listening to. Cool
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
By "guilt" I mean something you typically wouldn't listen to around your 'friends'.

Typically, I'm rock - Metallica, Incubus, The Offspring, etc etc (www.last.fm/user/tidrug/), but my guilty pleasure would maybe be a couple of really pop songs here and there... I'm occassionally in the mood for a BSB (Backstreet Boys for the musically challenged) song, so I play it... but lately, whenever I do feel like listening to a BSB song, and I start playing it, halfway through I realize there's a much better Soft Rock song I'd rather listen to Razz
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
By "guilt" I mean something you typically wouldn't listen to around your 'friends'.

Typically, I'm rock - Metallica, Incubus, The Offspring, etc etc (www.last.fm/user/tidrug/), but my guilty pleasure would maybe be a couple of really pop songs here and there... I'm occassionally in the mood for a BSB (Backstreet Boys for the musically challenged) song, so I play it... but lately, whenever I do feel like listening to a BSB song, and I start playing it, halfway through I realize there's a much better Soft Rock song I'd rather listen to Razz

LoL! BSB!! Laughing

I also prefer Metallica, Megadeth, Oingo Boingo, etc. That's why I thought I'd find out how many others go as far out of their element as I do from time to time.

I mean, Celtic Women?

Metallica? Shocked

Actually, when you look at what Metallica did with the Orchastra, I'm sure I'd really enjoy seeing the Celtic Wimins gettin' loose with Metallica!
HoboPelican
Do I have to say? Aw, we're all friends here right?

Old yodeling country and western Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sometimes I just can't help myself. Should I seek counseling? Is there a support group?

Off topic, but I gotta say it. The theme from "Gilligan's Island". Not a Pleasure at all, but sometimes I can't get it out of my head! AHHHH! there it goes again.... Rolling Eyes
evanc88
the All-American Rejects. Their first album was great, but I've always been afraid to say so in public Razz
aacronite
i have some really tacky guilty music secrets

dollar/the nolans/perry como...shhh dont tell anyone!lol
ignition
all right...here goes...

i like the backstreet boys.

JKJK seriously though what's to be embarrassed about? Unless you like country then yeah you should be pretty goddamn embarrassed Razz (JKJK again).

um ok I'm trying to make a serious response here...hmmm...nope not working. I gotta say though Celtic Women isn't too bad...interesting choice =)
jmudreamscape
It's not a genre...just one person...

Michelle Branch.
tingkagol
BSB's "all i have to give" is a pretty decent song, to be honest. I love to fool around with it- like playing it on the guitar and singing it to a chick. hahaha!

Sufjan Stevens. It's just so NURSERY. haha. But it has grown on me.

I also used to listen heavily to Vanessa Carlton's first album. That song "thousand miles" is really good... well, I'm not really ashamed to admit that, though.

hmm let's see... what else?
Phil
Quote:
Off topic, but I gotta say it. The theme from "Gilligan's Island". Not a Pleasure at all, but sometimes I can't get it out of my head! AHHHH! there it goes again....

That's funny! Not too long ago my wife picked up the 1st season of Gilligan's Island for my kids. I loved it when I was a little kid, but I had not watched it almost 30 years. Of course my kids watched every episode over the space of 3 days and I swear I heard that theme song in my sleep!!
I couldn't get it out of my head!
I have to say, after watching it as an adult, some of those scenes where pretty funny. If you ever watch it again, pay attention to the guy that played Mr Howell (Jim Backus). I find him extremely funny.
KernEnergie
My guilty pleasure? James Blunt.
I have the CD and I always put it loud when I'm alone. Make me happy Very Happy
spaz-o
Avril Lavigne. I don't like to admit it because of all the 'poser' labels that were slapped around when she first came out. Even though she's obviously changed a lot people still have that mind set.

I also like to listen to some really poppy stuff sometimes (Veronicas, anyone?). Other than that it's a lot of pop-punk and some punk rock. Occasionally some metal.
joxang
spaz-o wrote:
Avril Lavigne. I don't like to admit it because of all the 'poser' labels that were slapped around when she first came out. Even though she's obviously changed a lot people still have that mind set.

I also like to listen to some really poppy stuff sometimes (Veronicas, anyone?). Other than that it's a lot of pop-punk and some punk rock. Occasionally some metal.

Avril Lavigne?! HAR HAR.

Lol, sorry Sad .

My guilty pleasure is probably even worse. It's Delta Goodrem Embarassed.
rightclickscott
S3nd K3ys wrote:
You are missing the point. The music you typically listen to is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the music you hear once in a while and are 'tapping your foot' on the inside and 'laughing and pointing' on the outside (like I do with country music).

The music you don't want to admit TO YOUR FRIENDS that you enjoy listening to. Cool

Like I said, my friends would probably never be my friends if they knew I listened to "The Pillows" or the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. Well, the ones that don't watch anime, atleast. Otherwise, when it comes to the friends that do, they'd still give me wierd looks whenever I'm singing "Freckles" from Rurouni Kenshin, or even the Yu-Yu Hakusho theme. However, my friends, akwardly, respect the rap that I listen to. I don't listen to all rap, just really ****** good rap. Besides, I can rap myself, even though I don't ever want to. I hate the fact that I really can rap really fast because I would never use it in any situation. Anyways, yeah, pretty much J-Pop. My friends would destroy me when it comes to J-Pop.

Oh yeah, they'd hate me for some of the Irish music that I listen to, but that's about it. Oh, and some broadway. Oh, and classical. All of my friends are pretty much into rock so...
spaz-o
joxang wrote:
spaz-o wrote:

Avril Lavigne?! HAR HAR.

Lol, sorry Sad .

My guilty pleasure is probably even worse. It's Delta Goodrem Embarassed.

It's nice to see this is a non judgemental environment Rolling Eyes

Are you Aussie? Cause I'm pretty sure Delta hasn't hit very international yet.
IceNinjaa
jmudreamscape wrote:

Michelle Branch.

same for me
spaz-o
IceNinjaa wrote:
jmudreamscape wrote:

Michelle Branch.

same for me

I've only heard "Everywhere" by her. It's a good pop song. (I have a soft spot for pop, I grew up to boybands. You know, being four and just listening to whatever's on the radio. I also used to LOVE Elvis)

My point was, what other songs are good by her?
strato_220
blink 182 is brilliant
brushedbybutane
Not something I'm particuarly proud of but ... gah, I still like to listen to some rap occasionally.
johnnycake
avril lavigne, hilary duff, and jojo Shocked Wink

I listen to them in front my friends anyway, try to make em like it

EDIT:
and a lot of people I know like michelle branch. including me
cyph33r
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction !!