FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spidey!

spidieladie
Spider-Man is definitely my all time favorite comic book hero. He is, in my opinion, the most real of all the Marvel characters. I really believe teenagers could relate to him and his daily trials. Anyone else feel the same? I also enjoyed the movies, but believe the second one didn't do justice to the first.
diddle
the First one really kicked some ass and is one of my favorite movies. The second one was pretty darn gay. Doc Oct or w/e, just seemed like a stupid enemy. Well the green goblin in the first one was pretty gay too, but it was actually pretty good. Anyway, yeah, spiderman kicks ASS!
fenfool
I loved them both! I thought the second one was very loyal to the comic book's "Spidey No More!" storyline...I thought they were both extremely well done.
azrael85
the third movie maybe amazing, I loved the first and second movies also so I can't wait to see it.

The trailer for it is currently playing with superman Returns also and can also be found below http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

With the inclusion of the black suit and the possible emergence of venom, I will definitly see it.
Nikkori
Yes, peter's life seems to be same as ours, i agree. From his love story to his daily confrontation with enemies... Spiderman is my childhood hero.. even now.. Cool
GProject
Big spidey fan here - although I personally thought that Spider-man 2 was fantastic. Doctor Octopus is one of spidey's biggest foes, and was in no way 'gay' in the movie. I actually though Spider-man 2 out-did the first one, and that they did a tremendously good job on it. If I have one niggle, it's that maybe Pete let a few too many people see him without his mask on. But that's a minor point judging by what's supposed to happen in Spider-man 3...
fangfox
diddle wrote:
the First one really kicked some *** and is one of my favorite movies. The second one was pretty darn gay. Doc Oct or w/e, just seemed like a stupid enemy. Well the green goblin in the first one was pretty gay too, but it was actually pretty good. Anyway, yeah, spiderman kicks ***!

Doctor Octopus is one of spidermans greatest enemies! Next to probably Venom and Carnage. Can't wait for the symbiont in the third one, but Sandman always annoyed me as a villain, like hydroman does.

My only complaint about the movies was they messed the origins or the green goblin by cutting out the hobgoblin, and Doc Oc was just crazy, not taken over. But aside from following the original plot the movies were good
kingvarun
I love spiderman he is my favourite since I was 7 he really rocks in every comic that I have read. I have seen both spiderman 1 and spiderman 2 and I am waiting to see his third film spiderman 3 when it comes out in theatres
Nikkori
Like in X-Men and Harry Potter, the Spider-Man movies were a bit far from its literature part.. I like reading Spider-Man...
I Consider Doc Oct to be one of the strongest foe of Spider-Man , and my top 3 of foe-list are Carnage, Venom, and Sandman.
eleceng
I too like Spiderman but i think that what happened in the comics should to an extent stay in the comics. Its like retelling great plays such as Troy and Hercules. The basic structure of the story is the same, Spiderman good, power with responcibility, fights bad people. Yet the medium, in this case the summer blockbuster finds its own way of telling the story.
Scaramanga
fangfox wrote:
Doctor Octopus is one of spidermans greatest enemies! Next to probably Venom and Carnage. Can't wait for the symbiont in the third one, but Sandman always annoyed me as a villain, like hydroman does.

See, I completely disagree that Carnage should even BE on that list of Spidey villains. Carnage was a late-comer and really just a means for Marvel to cash in on Venom craze (and sell a ton of variant chromium cover issues.) And personally I enjoy all the older cheesy villains like Sandman, Rhino, Scorpion, et al (I REALLY can't wait to see Electro in one of these films.)

fangfox wrote:
My only complaint about the movies was they messed the origins or the green goblin by cutting out the hobgoblin, and Doc Oc was just crazy, not taken over. But aside from following the original plot the movies were good

How did they mess with the origins of the Green Goblin? The GG WAS Norman Osborn. And the Hobgoblin only figured in with the GG much later (after a dude named Roderick Kingsley found one of Norman Osborn's old GG stashes.) Also, I'd stipulate that Octavius in the film wasn't necessarily controlled by the claws, but they could take over when he was unconcious or after a mental duel with Otto. I think the film DID portray him as somewhat mad, as he probably blamed himself for the death of his wife.
Revvion
[quote="fangfox"]
diddle wrote:

My only complaint about the movies was they messed the origins or the green goblin by cutting out the hobgoblin,

Omg if you have read the comics you now its done very well, the cartoon serie had it tottaly different so please dont compare the it with that.