FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Claymation

spidieladie
As a child of the '80's, I must say that I miss claymation.
It seems as if nowadays everything is computerized and it just bugs me.
Anyone watch Gumby or the California Raisons? 'Even Sesame Street had a bit of claymation in it. I miss it, and I wish it would be brought back. Just a thought.
HDirtwater
Way back in the day (mid 80s) when I was in 8th grade, we had a project to produce a movie. My group used quite a bit of stop-motion animation with both clay and toys to make a really charming movie. Never had so much fun in my life.....
alkady
They still make Claymation, Like the recently released Wallace & Gromit and the Curse of the Hare Rabbit, Or how about KnoxKorner, They make Claymation.
edallica
morph is thee man! im not sure if heartbeat is still on tv. tony heart was quite an old guy even when i was a youngster so i doubt hes still making those shows. i bet the character is still going though in some shape or form.
amazur
Claymation is the way to go -- I was introduced to stop motion animation through my high school art club, and actually going through the motions of making a minute long claymation makes one truly appriciate the amount of time that it takes to make something decent.

Movies like a Nightmare Before Christmas and Wallace and Grommit are some of my favorites, and even thoguh 3D Animation is an interesting new venue in the movie industry it's a bit disheartening to see traditional animation and claymation left behind in the wake of this new wave of animation.

However, I still do enjoy stop motion and clymation, especially now that websites like youtube and google video upload tons of good stuff. I actually watched some awesome 80s claymation by the Borthers Quay rather recently thanks to these video hosts.
alkady
amazur wrote:

it's a bit disheartening to see traditional animation and claymation left behind in the wake of this new wave of animation.

I know, Hein? 3D Animation doesnt come close to Traditional. In Traditional animation, The Artist would take the time to make nice detailed backgrounds on a Matte. In 3D you don't really get the same effect. It looks more realistic, But still doesnt look that great.
mongoose41
HDirtwater wrote:
Way back in the day (mid 80s) when I was in 8th grade, we had a project to produce a movie. My group used quite a bit of stop-motion animation with both clay and toys to make a really charming movie. Never had so much fun in my life.....
In 6th Grade, my class did a similar thing, but I didn't get to because the substitute teacher hated me. I have never done claymation myself. I like the Wallace and Gromit series.
paul_indo
I'd love to make a claymation video.
So easy to do and the actors are real cheap. Smile
Only problem, it must take hours to get one minute of video. You would need a lot of patience.