FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

has anyone played "StarCraft"?

Sat2Karaj
Hello
I like this game but it isn`t in any where !! and I don`t know what can I do?
do you have a link or something that I can buy or download it??
I played the first version of it and it is a strategy game ....

please help me...

Thanks Wink
Rayzex
Try to find it on google... altough it will be difficult to find full version.

My favorite episode is Starcraft: Brood War

Maybe, I can help you with cheats:

Food for thought
Black sheep wall
Operation cwal
Power overwhelming
Show me the money

Try this cheats when you find demo or full version.

Good luck! Wink
ignition
nope never played starcraft is it a new game or something? Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
ignition wrote:

No, it's a rather old game. (system requirements include a 100mhz cpu and windows OR mac os)
Yes, starcraft (the original version at least) will install and run on a mac. (With a little madification it'll run on linux too.)

If you want to buy it (Downloading in for free would be naughty.) It's easy to find:
http://www.shopping.com/xPC-StarCraft_Battle_Chest
Yjaxygames
I have Starcraft, don't know where I get it. It's a pretty old game.
Saber
Starcraft is an older game, but I do have to say that it still has nice 2d(fake 3d) graphics. Its made by blizzard so you can buy it right from them, http://shop.blizzard.com/section3/?user=1ehNbacQ4GmDegWWUQ5SZSPGhclZU405KT9XNfW2jIc=
Also blizzard likes the mac world(and we thank them) so their _____craft are all both windows and mac.

I havnt played on line in years, but im sure that there are lots of people still playing it, and just brining it up makes me want to find my cds again.
RoughitforGreen247
ocalhoun wrote:
ignition wrote:

No, it's a rather old game. (system requirements include a 100mhz cpu and windows OR mac os)
Yes, starcraft (the original version at least) will install and run on a mac. (With a little madification it'll run on linux too.)

If you want to buy it (Downloading in for free would be naughty.) It's easy to find:
http://www.shopping.com/xPC-StarCraft_Battle_Chest

Not to make anyone feel silly or anything, but he was clearly being sarcastic.

StarCraft has still got a huge following. I play it occasionally, but I don't have the time to get really good at it. I'm sure it is still sold on Amazon and other places like that. I would definitely recommend it, the game only gets better as you learn more about it.
Sat2Karaj
thanks all , You help me so.

bye Embarassed
darth_revan
http://www.mininova.org/tor/204113

use torrent, its not illegal yet, and you can find everything...
Ghost900
They sell it at Bestbuys near me and at targets so you should check there becasue then you wouldn't have to pay shipping! Very Happy
Kelcey
darth_revan wrote:

What do you mean it's not illegal? Of course it is.
ignition
yea I was being sarcastic up there (obviously), thanks roughitforgreen
Kelcey wrote:
darth_revan wrote:

pretty sure by "not illegal yet" he meant that the site hasn't been "shut the fck down yet" by the MPAA/RIAA. either that or he meant that downloading the actual content off those networks is not defined as illegal; but sharing it in any way is.

of course pirating starcraft is a bad move either way since the single player gets boring rapidly and you need a unique key to play on bnet.
vohne
Well, StarCraft is an old game, but still very popular. Its one of the main games in the WCG, and the most popular game in Korea. In Korea, people have built stadiums to host starcraft games, they study the game, there is an audience for the game, and finally 9 out of 10 of the best starcraft players in the world are Korean. Aside from it being old, the game is, in my humble opinion, the best RTS classic ever made.

Oh to answer your question, the best ways are:
1.) torrent
2.) buy at target (i bought mine there)
3.) borrow from a friend (and play on a different battlenet server, a lot of servers support fake cds, try hamachi with friends)

Good Luck
ignition
dude ima move to korea and play starcraft for a living gg (wtf is up with koreans and starcraft anyways they love it more than americans love football. hell not that there's anything wrong with that i mean who cares about football ffs.)
vohne
Don't know. But hey, I think Europeans love football more. Shocked
Tasa
ignition wrote:
yea I was being sarcastic up there (obviously), thanks roughitforgreen
Kelcey wrote:
darth_revan wrote:

pretty sure by "not illegal yet" he meant that the site hasn't been "shut the fck down yet" by the MPAA/RIAA. either that or he meant that downloading the actual content off those networks is not defined as illegal; but sharing it in any way is.

of course pirating starcraft is a bad move either way since the single player gets boring rapidly and you need a unique key to play on bnet.

I don't think that the single pay gets all that boring. Yea multiplay is better, but some of the best multiplayer spend hours playing single just to get new ideas. I make it a point to play 1 hour solo for ever hour I play on bnet.
Josso
Yeah, hosted on b.net if I remember correctly. I never bothered to play unfortunatly because I was told Diablo II was the best thing on the network, and the others were not really worth it.
Tac-Tics
Starcraft was the bomb back in the day. However, Warcraft III completely one-uped it, fixing every major complaint you could have about the game.

Now if Blizzard would just release Starcraft II, that would be the greatest game ever....
hrtorrent
I played Starcraft. It's best multiplayer game ever.
Try find it at The Pirate Bay.
johnnycake
ignition wrote:

ROFL Very Happy

starcraft is a classic
don't pirate it
you can get it for like $5 at a local store
SmackAHobo
IMHO that game sucks. It was great when it first came out but now it's really boring.
dwcnps
It's great, really, sometimes even funny, example:

Quote:
...and...you pig

Quote:
but I didn't say anything...oh, you're a telepath

etc...
mongoose41
SmackAHobo wrote:
IMHO that game sucks. It was great when it first came out but now it's really boring.
Just because the graphics and such aren't too high quality, be fair. That game requires a heck of a lot more strategy than the Command & Conquer series, and it has much more diversity as well. Just because it's 8 years old does not mean it's bad.
jarcelao
StarCraft is one of the best strategy game ever made! Smile
Hojo
starcraft is one of my favorite strategy games. i dont really care about the graphics, its about how you play the game and who you play with. the great thing about it is that you can also just login, and play it even if you dont have hours of time (ok, some matched DO take hours, but theres also fun maps).

the single player mode is good aswell, but i dont think i played through all brood war missions yet.

if you want to get the game, plz dont go and download it. it costs like 5 bucks like johnnycake said, and if you buy it you can also play it over the internet, which you cant if you just download it.
Kamu8recon
jarcelao wrote:
StarCraft is one of the best strategy game ever made! Smile

I agree. although the game is rather old it was one of those games that really made some money on the market. when i was in high school a bunch of us used to play it over a network and that was pretty fun. the game was fairly simple. you just gather a resource and build your base and your army then wipe out your opponent. unlike the new games they have now where you have to do a lot of micromanaging, starcraft was very simple. also like someone posted earlier please dont pirate the game its a good classic and it costs less than 20 dollars.
Game Fortress
If you havent played starcraft, you havent really lived at all. Razz
mongoose41
Kamu8recon wrote:
The game was fairly simple. you just gather a resource and build your base and your army then wipe out your opponent. unlike the new games they have now where you have to do a lot of micromanaging, starcraft was very simple.
Actually it is quite a lot more advanced than most westwood games with micromanagement. Almost every unit had a unique manually activated ability that could be used to turn the tide of a battle. Not just point and click massacres.
Insanity
Indeed. Units like Defilers, Science Vessels, and Templars could be micromanaged if you were good enough at it.
RoughitforGreen247
The difference in micromanagement of SC and newer games is that with SC, the micro isn't required to run your base. It's much more militarily and strategically geared than newer games like AoE:3, which requires far less effort along the battlefront than maintaining your base does. I prefer SC, but the newer ones definitely have their advantages.
mongoose41
Insanity wrote:
Indeed. Units like Defilers, Science Vessels, and Templars could be micromanaged if you were good enough at it.

And Marines/Firebats (Stim Packs), Medics (Optical flare, Restore), Ghosts (Lockdown, Cloak, Nuke Spotting), Battlecruisers (Yamato gun), Wraiths (Cloak), Dropships (carefully positioning line drops), Reavers/Carriers (Buying more ammo), Shield Batteries (Recharging Units), Arbiters (Freezing enemy units, teleporting friendly units, cloaking friendly units), and Queens (Spraying, Parasiting, Shooting Broodlings To blow up things)
squeakypants
I've always found Warcraft to be more fun. Don't know why, especially since I'm a scifi fan over fantasy any day.
vaoger
well wel.. starcraft again... avery very old game...
but yet still loving it... (may Be because it is LAGLESS) hahaha..
well i like protos personally... becouse of the ability to mind control other unit..
any build as strong as thier...
the combination of human + protos sure win team... but the zerg queen kind of making protos headeach...
well any suggestion to delete them easely....
Fenroy
Tac-Tics wrote:
Starcraft was the bomb back in the day. However, Warcraft III completely one-uped it, fixing every major complaint you could have about the game.

Warcraft III has some better stuff, but it really is extremely hero-oriented. I've heard horror stories about someone losing with a superior military force simply because his opponent brought in a high-level hero and a small backup force. In my opinion, that's not really 'strategy' so much as getting your hero to a higher level faster. That's why Starcraft and Warcraft are two seperate series.
FreeBay
it's an awesome game. too bad the resolution is low by todays standards

another game i like is warcraft iii tft
swsource
Well if you have no money but want to play Starcraft I can show you a site where you can download the demo and then patch the demo so it has alot of features, im just not sure if such posts are allowed. It wouldn't be spamming "per se"

Check my site on the bottom. Obviously im here so i can move the site lol
mongoose41
vaoger wrote:
...but the zerg queen kind of making protos headeach...
well any suggestion to delete them easely....
Use Corsairs/Valkyries to kill the evil Queens... Or use a Science Vessel to IRRADIATE IT!!! Melt, you stupid bi***, muhahahaha...
Insanity
I really don't see a lot of people using Zerg Queens when they play nowadays, it's just all mass something or the other... But then again, I haven't been on Battle.net for a while.